Witchfinder General

Grobodan

Okupili se Djenerali ponovo!!! :rockdevil:

WITCHFINDER GENERAL, one of the few bands of the NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) era to opt for the classic early BLACK SABBATH dirge rather than the more uptempo metal of most of their countrymen, has reformed and is presently holding auditions to replace singer Zeeb Parkes. "Derm [drummer Dermot Redmond], Rod [Hawkes, bass] and Phil [Cope, guitar] are back together and it's official," reads a press release. "They start recording two tracks next weekend with a view to doing the third album. The band are currently looking for a vocalist to replace Zeeb.

"We have been asked so many questions about what has happened to Zeeb Parkes? The name Zeeb Parkes was invented purely for the band. When the band split, Zeeb Parkes ceased to be. The character behind Zeeb Parkes who wishes to keep his identity anonymous has moved on to other things."

Commented Phil: "It is no secret that the friendship between Zeeb and myself has finished. Looking back Zeeb was an inspiration to us all and I have some great and happy memories of him, so many that I could write a bestseller about it! But Zeeb is into other things now and I wish him all the best.

"We are back together hopefully to record the 'elusive' third album. There may even be a track including the first rhythm section of Steve [Kinsell, drums] and Toss [McCready, bass], if they can be forced out of retirement ha! ha! This is a small thanks to everyone who has stood by the band. The guys have no plans to ever play live again but at least new material is on its way."

• 2 weeks later...

evo,bas sam kompletirao diskografiju benda,imam burning a sinner singl,death penalty,soviet invasion EP i friends of hell,ako stvari kao black sabbath mozem strpati u dum(a mozemo),moze tu i djeneral da ide.samo,svesni smo sta bi od ove teme bilo na dum forumu,mozda ovde bolje prodju.dobar bend usvakom slucaju.

• 4 months later...

Kakav je ovaj "Death Penalty" lebe vrtim ga vec 3-4 put zaredom...mlogo dobra albumchina! Definitivno je'n od boljih NWOBHM albuma..ali i definitivno dosta doomljen...ima sabbatha kol'ko oces.."Burning A Sinner" je chisti sabbath tribute...ali i prejaka pesma..Witchfinder General je jedna od veoma heavy jebena pesma, posebno za '82u! Uz "free Country" i najbolja ovde, barem meni..nemam zamerki ni na jedan segment benda, zvuka..ma savrsen zvuk..ok, osim sto bas cesto ne cujem..ali riffovi...bubnjanje...o da i veoma catchy vokal koji me na trenutke podseca na Erica Wagnera..ili je ja mislim bolje reci da Wagner podseca na Zeeba? hehe...steta sto neam ovde "Satan's children" pesme(sas Burning the sinner singla) mislim da bi bas legla lepo uz ovaj materijal..doduse as well i one sa Soviet Invasiona...

:rockdevil:

Можда зато што си очекивао типичан NWOBHM? Тада су се сви бендови који су свирали метал сврставали у тај жанр, па чак и Girlschool и Motörhead.

ne znam sta da ti kazem..

anyway.."Friends Of Hell" je ok album...al ne me zarazio kao prvi..previshe "obichan" if you understand, heh..sta znam..ova "Requiem for the youth" je odlichna..al tu je bespotrebna "I lost you"..cudna "Music"..ali i impresivna "Quietus"(odlichna doom numera)..al sve u svemu bend vredan nabavljanja!!

A sad zapazih i da su se okupili again..steta sto nema gosn. Zeeba..doduse ko zna kako zvuci posle 25 godina...ali u svakom slucaju uopste nisam ubedjen da je ovaj reunion potreban.

• 2 weeks later...

WITCHFINDER GENERAL, one of the few bands of the NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) era to opt for the classic early BLACK SABBATH dirge rather than the more uptempo metal of most of their countrymen, has revealed the details of its upcoming collection of obscure material. Entitled "Buried Amongst the Ruins", the release couples for the first time the "Burning a Sinner" 7", "Soviet Invasion" 12" and four live tracks from 1981 (including the never-before-heard "Phantasmagorical"). The package also features never-before-seen photos of the band's original recording lineup of Zeeb Parkes (vocals), Phil Cope (guitar), Toss McCready (bass) and Steve Kinsell (drums) along with pictures of the original lyric book for many of the songs, gig flyers and original artwork and perhaps some other suprises.

"Buried Amongst the Ruins" track listing:

"Burning A Sinner" 7":

01. Burning A Sinner

02. Satan's Children

"Soviet Invasion" 12":

03. Soviet Invasion

04. Rabies

05. R.I.P.

Live 1981:

06. Satan's Children

07. Rabies

08. Phantasmagorical

09. Soviet Invasion

• 1 year later...

Legendary NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal ) band WITCHFINDER GENERAL will release its new album, "Resurrected", on August 30 in the USA and September 2 in the UK via Buried In Time And Dust Records.

The Stourbridge, UK doom legends' first recording in over 25 years features the original lineup from the "Live '83" LP — Phil Cope (guitar), Rod Hawkes (bass) and Dermot Redmond (drums) — and adds new vocalist Gary Martin in place of original singer Zeeb Parkes.

"Resurrected" track listing:

01. The Living Hell

02. The Gift Of Life

03. Final Justice

04. Bryn-Y-Môr

05. Brutal Existence

06. Euthanasia

07. A Night to Remember

08. The Funeral / Beyond The Grave

• 2 weeks later...

f9183cd803f306ccee57f42cf4130118.jpg

Стиль: Doom Metal/NWOBHM

Страна: United Kingdom (Stourbridge)

Формат: mp3@VBR200kbps

Размер: 60MB

Треклист:

[#01] The Living Hell [7:51]

[#02] The Gift Of Life [5:47]

[#03] Final Justice [4:21]

[#04] Bryn-Y-Mor [2:19]

[#05] Brutal Existence [5:15]

[#06] Euthanasia [5:25]

[#07] A Night to Remember [4:29]

[#08] The Funeral / Beyond The Grave [6:58]

Полное время альбома: 42:24

Current line-up:

Phil Cope - guitar (bass on Death Penalty as "Woolfy Trope") (1979-1984, 2006-)

Rod "Corks/Hawk Eye" Hawks - bass (1982-1984, 2006-)

Dermot "Derm the Germ" Redmond - drums (1983-1984, 2006-)

Gary Martin - vocals (2007-) (Permission to Rock)

http://rapidshare.com/files/143005810/Witchfinder_General_mediaportal.ru.rar