Decapitated

Anno Mundi !

• 1 month later...

DECAPITATED - IN SEARCH OF NEW MEMBERS

Guitarist Waclaw "Vogg" Kieltyka of the Polish extreme metallers DECAPITATED — whose brother, DECAPITATED drummer Witold "Vitek" Kieltyka, died on November 2, 2007 in a Russian hospital from injuries sustained in a road collision — has issued the following update:

"I was thinking about that for a long time and it's really hard decision for me, but I have decided to continue this band and keep DECAPITATED alive. I know it will be not the same anymore but I want to try, and I'm sure Vitek and Covan [DECAPITATED singer Adrian Kowanek, who was also hurt in the accident] will support me and will be happy about that.

So I want to say that: If anybody from drummers and vocalists feel that they can continue what Vitek and Covan did and put all power, energy and live time for this band, contact me at [email protected].

Everyone who is interested, please prepare these tracks — 'Day 69,' 'Post Organic,' 'Invisible Control' and 'Long Desired Dementia' — and send it as audio/video format."

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone. It’s time to introduce dude who will continue the great way of Witek’s passion in a band. His name is Kerim Lechner. Very young and very talented drummer from Austria. You can see some of his work below.

I want to thank every drummer who sent stuff. Thanks for your interest and work.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=61295886

• 2 months later...

Wacek “Vogg” Kieltyka, guitarist & founding member of the Polish death metal band DECAPITATED, has issued the following statement:

"It’s time to come back! After a two-year break, DECAPITATED is coming back with new members. The official new line-up for DECAPITATED will be announced at the end of December.

“As you all know, the decision to continue the band was really, really hard for me, but everything I do now is to keep DECAPITATED alive. [Vocalist] Covan’s situation has not improved much and he is still in bed and unable to function on his own. He still fights to recover as we speak and we are all still 100% behind him and hope for the best. It has been the hardest thing for me to move on without [brother & drummer] Vitek by my side, but he would have wanted me to continue with the band.

“Finally, I have found some great musicians who can continue the work of Vitek and Covan. At the beginning of April, DECAPITATED will start to play our first reunion shows. We will visit the biggest cities in Australia and play some of the biggest summer festivals in Europe. Don’t worry, we won’t forget about the U.K.! After this, the band will concentrate on the making of a new album! I would like to thank all the people who have supported us all this time."

• 5 weeks later...

Guitarist Waclaw "Vogg" Kieltyka of Polish extreme metallers DECAPITATED has announced the band's brand new lineup, which will hit the road starting in February 2010. It is as follows:

* Waclaw "Vogg" Kieltyka - Guitar

* Kerim "Krimh" Lechner (THORNS OF IVY, TONE INTIMACY) - Drums

* Rafal Piotrowski (KETHA, FORGOTTEN SOULS) - Vocals

* Filip "Heinrich" Halucha (VESENIA, ROOTWATER, UNSUN, MASACHIST) - Bass

• 4 months later...