Porcupine Tree

Vitamin K Experience

Steven Wilson's debut album Insurgentes was released earlier this year on Kscope. The album received a great reception, not just from fans and critics but also from fellow artists. Several of these artists have now remixed tracks from the album and NSRGNTS RMXS is a selection of these mixes.

The CD edition features a mix of the albums opening track Harmony Korine by David A. Sitek, currently enjoying massive critical acclaim as leader / producer of TV On The Radio. It also features mixes of tracks by Engineers, Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson) and Fear Falls Burning.

The 12 vinyl edition of NSRGNTS RMXS will be limited to 1000 copies and will only be available from the Kscope store. It also features the David A. Sitek mix along with two mixes of Only Child by Pat Mastelotto.

Both the CD and 12 inch are available to pre-order now from the KScope store.

Finally a digital edition will collect all six tracks available on the CD and 12 inch, and will also feature the winner of the remix competition which has been running on the Insurgentes site.

The competition offered fans the chance to remix the track Abandoner. With the competition now closed, Steven has listened to all the entries and created a shortlist of eight mixes. These mixes are all available to listen to on insurgentes.org and you can vote for your favourite. Voting ends on May 29th.

Steve would also like to take the opportunity to thank all the wonderful submissions to the remix competition, over 200, all of which were listened to!

The full tracklist for the CD is:

1. Harmony Korine (David A Sitek mix)

2. Abandoner (Engineers mix)

3. Salvaging (Pat Mastelotto mix)

4. Get All You Deserve (Fear Falls Burning mix)

The full tracklist for the vinyl is:

A1. Harmony Korine (David A Sitek mix) 5.14

B1. Only Child (Pat Mastelotto mix 3) 4.32

B3. Only Child (Pat Mastelotto mix 1) 5.56

PT tourdates:

1st Nov : Petofi Hall, BUDAPEST, Hungary

3rd Nov : Media Park, LJUBLJANA, Slovenia

20th Nov : Incrivel Almadense, LISBON, Portugal

21st Nov : Teatro Sa Da Bandeira, PORTO, Portugal

22nd Nov : La Riviera, MADRID, Spain

23rd Nov : Sant Jordi Club, BARCELONA, Spain

25st Nov : Sportzentrum Tagerhard, WETTINGEN, Switzerland

Mislim da je Steva isuvishe talentovan i nezavistan da bi podlegao uticajima leshinarima iz RR.

Njihova muzika je ionako meksa od vecine bendova koji su potpisali za RR a primetio sam da imaju tendenciju da smeksaju zvuk i u nekoj meri promene. Ne znam u kom pogledu bi mogli da menjaju PT , jedino da bude Pop Rock :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Incident

Porcupine Tree are happy to announce the forthcoming release of their tenth studio album "The Incident". The record is set to be released via Roadrunner Records worldwide on 21st September, as a double CD.

The centre-piece is the title track, which takes up the whole of the first disc. The 55-minute work is described as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again’.”

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December - Flicker, Bonnie The Cat, Black Dahlia, and Remember Me Lover feature on a separate EP length disc to stress their independence from the song cycle.

Video footage of the band in the studio working on The Incident, as well as audio previews, will be available online soon. The band will tour extensively to promote the album from mid September onwards.

Ima li ko da je zainteresovan za Madjarsku? Mislim da mi je Vojvoda BG rekao da je zainteresovan, kada bi se josh par ljudi opredelilo mogli bi smo nehsto da iskombinujemo.

1. novembar je nedjelja. Uzeću slobodan dan. Ja idem isto!!!

Dakle, Matija, Nikola i ja smo sigurni :da: A nisu mi ništa rekli, p**** :razz:

Edited by Kokopelli

"New York, NY - Grammy-nominated UK recording artist Porcupine Tree have confirmed the title of their tenth studio album: The Incident. The captivating new record is set to be released on Roadrunner Records on September 22, as a double CD.

The Incident is a stunning 55-minute musical statement, described by vocalist/guitarist/songwriter Steven Wilson as “a slightly surreal song cycle about beginnings and endings and the sense that ‘after this, things will never be the same again.’” The seeds of the idea that led to The Incident came to Wilson as he became caught up in a highway traffic jam while driving past an accident.

“There was a sign saying ‘POLICE – INCIDENT’ and everyone was slowing down to rubber neck to see what had happened,” he recalls. “Afterwards, it struck me that ‘incident’ is a very detached word for something so destructive and traumatic for the people involved. And then I had the sensation that the spirit of someone that had died in the accident entered into my car and was sitting next to me.

“The irony of such a cold expression for such seismic events appealed to me, and I began to pick out other ‘incidents’ reported in the media and news,” continues Wilson. “I wrote about the evacuation of teenage girls from a religious cult in Texas, a family terrorizing its neighbors, a body found floating in a river by some people on a fishing trip, and more. Each song is written in the first person and tries to humanize the detached media reportage.”

Additionally, Wilson delved back into incidents in his own life that had profoundly affected him, including a lost childhood friendship, a séance, his first love and the day that he decided to give up secure employment to follow his dream of making music.

The self-produced album is completed by four standalone compositions that developed out of band writing sessions last December – “Flicker,” “Bonnie The Cat,” “Black Dahlia” and “Remember Me Lover” – housed on a separate CD to stress their independence from the title track.

Porcupine Tree – completed by Gavin Harrison (drums), Colin Edwin (bass), and Richard Barbieri (keyboards) – took a video camera into the recording studio, capturing a few moments to share with fans. Explore the behind-the-scenes footage here.

Coming to the recording sessions following his first ever solo album, November 2008’s Insurgentes, Wilson admits that the experience of having worked alone affected the direction of The Incident. “Possibly because of having done that, this record is darker, expansive, and more experimental,” he theorizes. “But when I write for Porcupine Tree, I know the sound I’m after.”

Porcupine Tree’s latest masterpiece The Incident will be released September 22."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/PORC...LS-OF-THE-INCID ENT-20315.aspx