Darkthrone

Miu?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

" Fenriz says: GOODBYE EVERYONE!

...and no band of the week yesterday?

I thank you all music freaks for a fantastic year of BAND OF THE WEEK, and 3 years of DARKTHRONE at myspace.

It has now become so big and time consuming that it has seriously taken it's toll to try to stay AJOUR with everyone's inquiries - messages, comments and blog comments and so forth.

A new decade of METAL approaches, and I have done many large changes this year, as a private person and online. Some of it it will continue - others things must stop.

1 - I will NOT take down this page. Ted took down his page, meaning the last months have been even more insanely busy here than usual. I am ONE man with a life and a day job every day, and there is no time to answer all - so instead of answering just SOME, I choose to answer NO MORE CONTACT through myspace. There is simply no time. TRY to understand. It would take 6-7 hours a day to continue this myspace rat race. HOWEVER:

2- BAND OF THE WEEK WILL CONTINUE. Music freaks can still communicate through that blog as well, as this page IS, HAS and WILL BE a country for music FREAKS.

If someone still wonders what BAND OF THE WEEK really IS - it is just ME sharing cool bands that I or others have helped me discover. - it mirrors MY taste in music, but instead of just listening myself, there are already over 57 000 "friends" that receive the blog about each new BAND OF THE WEEK-BAND. When this is said, one must also understand that it is TOTALLY uncorruptable and non-profit. IT IS SIMPLY BANDS I LIKE. DO NOT ask if your band "can be band of the week" - then you must have misunderstood everythiing about this blog. ALSO:

DO NOT tip me on bands with modern sound, for instance triggered bass drums that sounds click-clicky, as my ears are severely ALLERGIC to that sound - it has been that way for over 20 years so just forget it if your band or the band you would like to tip me about has drums like that. Also keep in mind that my fave Rock/Metal styles are 60s 70s 80s typical styles.

3 - I know that many have expected answers up until now, and I HAVE answered tens of thousands! - but from now on...............................DO NOT EXPECT AN ANSWER FROM THIS PAGE.

Please spread the news if you bother.

- F E N R I Z "

• 2 weeks later...

Evo malo Fenrizove mudrosti :haha::

GREAT NEW METAL DECADE AHEAD! Melle sent me an advance tape that refuses to leave my tape deck! YESEVERYONE, it seems that the new decade in the underground resistancepart of the metal world will be fantastic. THE CASSETTE holds 3recordings to be unleashed in 2010, and it is a stunning ANTICHRIST(Sweden) demo, VOMITOR album in their usual obscure style, and last butnot least HELLISH CROSSFIRE has succeeded in making an album that mustbe the perfect 80s thrash LP. So to conclude, even though ÜBERPOSERSlike "king" ov hell are constantly trying to destroy REAL metal, thoseof us that are smart enough to stay away from the front-page metal canenjoy another superb metal decade. Let's make 2010-2020 a gloriousTREAT, and STAY AWAY FROM THE POSERS! TURN YOUR BACKS AND BREAK THECHAINS!!!

Also, Darkthrone's new album comes out very soon, and Varg Vikernes is working steadily on a brand new release.

Forthe death metal freaks out there, a new fanzine has arrived! It iscalled DOWNTUNED & MORBID, and it's the best death metal mag i haveever read. It holds so much information that buying it will keep youextremely updated plus entertained for MONTHS!

- f e n r i z

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Norwegian black metallers DARKTHRONE will release their new album, "Circle The Wagons", on April 5 via Peaceville Records.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Those Treasures Will Never Befall You

02. Running For Borders

03. I Am The Graves Of The 80s

04. Stylized Corpse

05. Circle The Wagons

06. Black Mountain Totem

07. I Am The Working Class

08. Eyes Burst At Dawn

09. Bränn Inte Slottet

In a recent interview with Holland's FaceCulture, DARKTHRONE's Nocturno Culto (real name: Ted Skjellum) stated about the upcoming CD, "I think the focus is now more heavy metal and rock and roll, really, and that's a style I like to play on the guitar, and that shows on our new album as well, because my songs on that album are very heavy metal-oriented."

He added, "I think the first recording session we had on this album, I had a really good feeling, as usual, but I think it was something extra. I think this album is… It's not cool to say it's probably some of the best things we did, but I believe so. The songs are strong, and they have a good production, in our point of view.

"We really don't belong in the modern scene; that's why we're kind of outsiders. In our hearts, we still belong to the underground, and that's where we're comfortable."

Regarding the "Circle The Wagons" cover artwork, Nocturno Culto said, "It has an Indian theme, actually; I don't know if any band did that before. Dennis Dread is the American artist doing the front covers for the last three albums, including the new one. Mr. Necro, our kind of guy on the cover, he kind of has Indian things."

darkthronecircle.jpg

• Upvote 1