Darkthrone

Miu?!

DARKTHRONE. DEMOS. ON VINYL. WITH GOOD SOUND.

Patrick Engel (working with the vinyl restoration sound at HIGH ROLLER RECORDS) came to the rescue and made me understand that we needed to work harder on getting better sound sources on our demos, as they are soon being released on vinyl. After much work and searching through tapes, getting to lend Metalion's old copy of SNOWFALL (Kenneth from Neseblod bought it from him for his upcoming museum - more about that in a later blog - it was copy nr 3 of the tape!) and transferring it to wav files at my place, also i found the SOURCE tape for Thulcandra demo, so that has better sound than ever on this forthcoming vinyl release. Also some new liner note info is added.

Why don't we just have the source tapes ourselves? or the original demos? well, we always wanted to look ahead back then and especially since 1991 the black'n'roll lifestyle overshadowed everything else and i thought it was WIMPY to keep old stuff. That's why there are so little of our history in our homes, no concert posters, shirts, demos, really anything in general is lacking - and on top of it all we almost never had photo sessions. So that we now can present this vinyl release with tip top sound from our necro demos (2 in 88 and 2 in 89) is really a tiny miracle to us! HAPPY HUNTING GROUNDS!

I haven't been a big fan of demos on vinyl, but i bought NECRODEATH "into the shining pentagram" demo on vinyl as i only had it from tape trading in the 80s, and it was GREAT!

- f e n r i z

http://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/product/261/3398/

Edited by Talvi

• 2 months later...
right, early March 2012 we will record two new songs finally. It will be exactly two years since the last recording session. We are now eager to get going and nail our new album. This "break" has been good, but now it's time to act.

Fala kurcu više.

• 4 weeks later...

Ма знам, није Фенриц кретен. Ипак је он један од ретких са те старе норвешке сцене. Али, после онога што је Горгорот урадио, мислим да ћу да се исцимам сваки пут када неки од тих бендова нешто слично буде радио.

• 2 weeks later...