Draconian

• 11 months later...

E, ovo je možda i zanimljivo:

Shadowgarden - Ashen

Andreas Hindenдs - Guitars (Draconian (Swe))

Johan Ericson - Guitars (Doom:VS, Draconian (Swe))

Session members:

Lisa Johansson - Vocals (Draconian (Swe))

Jerry Torstensson - Drums (Draconian (Swe))

Björn Johansson - bass

Daniel Flores - drums

Gothic je navodno u pitanju.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The upcoming new Draconian album, A Rose for the Apocalypse, will be released on June 23rd through Napalm Records. A limited beautiful digi-pack version with one bonus song will be available.

Vocalist Anders Jacobsson issued the following update: "We are sorry for keeping the lid on during the writing and recording process of this album. It has been a quite hard route, at least for me, to get things right and in order. I guess, most art is flowing without restraint and changes during the time of its construction, and sometimes even the artist him/herself needs time to comprehend it.

Jens Bogren of Fascination Street sprinkled his magic over the songs during the production- and mixing process and each and every song found its way. We are grateful to have such a committed producer and we can only feel blessed by the experience to once again have made another album reality at Fascination Street.

The new album is called A Rose for the Apocalypse and deals with a vast dilemma we're all facing as one species; the horrors and contradictions we've created in our 'nature-divorced' system. The title refers to the collapse of this structure, built by mindless human opinion. It also refers to the necessity of its demise. We are trying to capture the gloom of its realization. I don't know if we'd want to call this a conceptual album, but most songs certainly deal with the same topic in one way or the other. I've reached a point in my life when my eyes remain open.

To most of you A Rose for the Apocalypse might appear a darker, more threatening album compared to the previous Turning Season Within. And yes, it is different in several ways, but Draconian remains the same. I have often said that our new work resembles a mix between the old and the new Draconian and will unite fans of both preferences. While listening to this album I feel a lot of history comes together in one place, at least sound-wise.

Our old friend Olof Göthlin contributes with some of his excellent violin skills on the album. Cover and layout is created by the amazing Seth Siron Anton (Paradise Lost, Kamelot, Rotting Christ, Moonspell etc). We sincerely hope we've created an album that will make impact on our beloved fans. Thank you for keeping up, sticking by us and maintained your faith in Draconian."

:wub:

Edited by Fapril ethereal

• 3 weeks later...

"A Rose For The Apocalypse" track listing:

01. The Drowning Age (7:18)

02. The Last Hour Ancient Sunlight (5:26)

03. End Of The Rope (6:34)

04. Elysian Night (7:52)

05. Deadlight (6:32)

06. Dead World Assembly (5:52)

07. A Phantom Dissonance (5:39)

08. The Quiet Storm (6:37)

09. The Death Of Hours (7:48)

10. Wall Of Sighs (5:14)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Draconian to release new album "Sovran" on October 30th via Napalm Records!

Tracklist:

1. Heavy Lies the Crown

2. The Wretched Tide

3. Pale Tortured Blue

4. Stellar Tombs

5. No Lonelier Star

6. Dusk Mariner

7. Dishearten

8. Rivers Between Us ( featuring Daniel Änghede - Crippled Black Phoenix on Vocals)

9. The Marriage of Attaris

10. With Love and Defiance (Bonus Track)

11695780_10153509720551052_3049243757086766786_n.jpg?oh=e0a165ba1bfcdd7a0d112604d4b1ff07&oe=564B5F5F

• 3 months later...

Odlican album, prethodnik mi je uz debi isao u grupu slabijih Draconian ostvarenja dok ovaj novi moze da stane uz Turning Season Within i Arcane Rain Fell u bolji deo diskografije. Za mrvu moderniji nego sto se ocekuje od Draconiana sa malo spustenijim stimovima ali i dalje je muzika perfektan 90's worship i zvuci kao da Theatre of Tragedy i My Dying Bride dzemuju 1995 godine. I da, nova pevacica Heike ima glas koji mi je preslikan Sharon iz WT, samo naravno u mnogo mracnijoj izvedbi i okruzenju.

Sve u svemu, album kao kec na 11 za sve one koji mrze sludge/stoner trendove u doomy mjuzi kao ja i pravo zagrevanje za cudoviste koje stize od StS za koji dan.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

E ovo je odličan album, jedan od retkih bendova koji i dalje drži tu 90s gotik dum priču netaknutom. Nešto eteričniji i atmosferičniji u odnosu na prethodnika ali kvalitet netaknut.

Poseban bonus što su ga objavili krajem oktobra kad bog zapoveda da se sluša ovako nešto, na dum i glum.

• Upvote 1