Disdained

banedeathmetal

DISDAINED - WE ALL REEK

Filthy Records CD 002 - 2008

Disdained from Serbia is not to be confused with the Swedish, female fronted band that goes by the same name. But then, one minute of the pounding and grinding death metal these guys spew out would eliminate all confusion. Heavy as wrecking ball and with twice the swing, "We all reek" is one of those odes to the olden Gods of the metal of death, as the Suffocation cover "Infecting the crypts" clearly testifies to. Not at all original, Disdained nonetheless succeeds in moving my head up on down… -No not that way, get your minds out of the gutter, you slags.- A more than decent release that is a safe buy for any brutal death fan.

80/100

Written by Nihil, from deathmetal.be (Belgium).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disdained – "We All Reek"

"Serbian? Right. As far as I..m concerned, not too many metal bands have made it from there. Good old Metal-Archives from the internet shows that I am in fact right: there are barely 189 bands from the list in which the country represents a little white drop on the map. However, this little white drop will soon become soaked blood red, thanks to Disdained`s Death Metal playing. So much nostalgia comes from these guys from Novi Sad, they deserve a lot of respect. In question is not the "blah-blah" stuff, but the true old Death & Gore stuff. And beside that, finally with the production that brings you pain in the ears, and not today`s ultra modern clean shit-sound type of production. You get the image like some one is grinding you with raw sand paper on your ears on 120` (degrees).

Technically, these Balkan terrorists are doing their job so brutally, that it is not hard to hear their main influences. None other than Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, and of course, Deeds Of Flesh. Beside that, looking at one photo where they all wear Cannibal Corpse t-shirts, says more than 1000 words, and from Suffocation they simply covered the track "Infecting The Crypts".

Several sound samples, and some parts turn away from the main genre (like the beginning of "Content Of Another Being") which brings down the whole impact a little. Anyway, everything on this album goes with high speed & brings up dead bodies from the graves. Artificial harmonics and solos by guitarists Branislav & Srdjan, blast beats and punishing double bass drumming from Zoltan, supported by Stevan..s bass, and all that with screaming/growling vocal chords diversity from singer Tara. Plus here and there a creak from the dead, fuck yeah, that is real, killer Death Metal.

Too bad it lasts for only half an hour, but the ones who survived this war can use for sure the repeat button for another shot, because the music is much complicated that it can be heard many times, and still not become boring. And I am sure that these guys love what they are doing, and that they can..t get enough.

All in all: unfortunately, on today..s Metal scene, there is no room for fame, but if there were, these Serbians would decidedly deserve it, for sure. Personally, I enjoyed this album, still, knowing that there could be a lot of bands with the same subject. After all, that is the flavour of the Underground. After 364 High-quality produced albums, I loved to hear something like this – raw & real. Special attention should pay everyone who is into the previously mentioned."

Recommendation: Obtuse Chisel

Review: 8/10

Total playing time: 36:00

Label: Filthy Records

Written by "Stalinorgeler" from http://www.hell-is-open.de/

"Report" kako je bilo na Gitatijadi u Ratkovu! :)

-Bodovanje zirije od 1 do 5 (5=odlicno, 1=nedovoljno):

Disdained:

gitara: 5 (i NIJEDAN drugi bend nije dobio 5, svi ostali su manje dobili).

-bas: 4

-vokal: 5

-bubanj: 5

-scenski nastup: 5

-originalnost: 3 (inace, 3 je bila maksimalna ocena za originalnost).

Sve ukupno, Disdained je imao najvise "poena". 4 ljudi su bili zirija, od kojih su trojica rekli da treba Disdained da osvoji mesto kao najbolji bend Gitarijade, jer po bodovanju smo imali najvise, a i kod publike smo imali daleko vise najvise glasova. Naravno, Death Metal zauvek ostaje UG, tako da su pobedili The Dark Ocean iz Sombora.

Spisak ostalih nagrada:

-Najbolji gitarista: Branislav Panic (Disdained) znaci JA :)

-Nabolji basista: Stevan Patic (Disdained)

-Nabolji scenski nastup: DISDAINED

-Najbolji bubnjar: (posto je Zoli pobedio pre 2 godine, onda su mu rekli da zbog toga nemoze i ove godine da pobedi LOL).

-Najbolji vokal: (ova iz The Dark Ocean).

Eto, toliko. Vidimo se sledece subote u Somboru !!! :pivopije:

Pa...cestitam, sta da ti kazem :pivopije:

A Dark Ocean je kanda goth(kolko mogu da skontam :))

Dark Revolution predstavlja

SAMHAIN DRAFTING

Nedelja, 05. oktobar

Livingroom SKC, Beograd

15-03h

Ulaz 150 dinara

---

Matinée

15:00 Tamerlan (ambient / folk / gothic, Novosibirsk)

15:40 StyptiC (tango / metal, Niš)

16:20 Red Wave to The Blocks (alternative / rock, Beograd)

16:55 Aetar (alternative / rock, Beograd)

17:30 Nadimač (thrash metal, Beograd)

18:10 Oroz (hard rock / metal, Subotica)

18:50 Disdained (death metal, Novi Sad)

19:30 Kramp (death metal, Beograd)

20:10 Heaven Rain (progressive metal / rock, Banjaluka)

Vidimo se tamo! :pivopije::pivopije: :pivopije: :pivopije:

:rockdevil: - SERBIAN DEATH METAL DIVISION - :rockdevil:

Di si sine moj lepi!!! :icon_lol:

Au pa vi cete se lepo provesti u BG-u kako ja vidim... obrati paznju na pevacicu Aetar-a, mmmmmmm... :tongue:

hehehe

Hehehe, `de si cale! :) Vazi, hocu :P

Eh, inace, 05.10.2008 - Beograd, Living Room SKC

- Disdained - We All Reek (CD) + Poster + Slicice - 800 dinara

- Disdained - We All Reek (Poster) - 200 dinara

- The Stone - Neke Rane Krvare Vecno (CD) - 600 dinara

- Nocturne - #7 (Casopis) - 200 dinara

- Sarcomman - Promo 2007 (CD) - FREE uz svaki kupljen CD/Casopis/Poster

Vidimo se tamo! :pivopije::rockdevil:

Momci, zaista ste extra zvucali! Dobro, gitare su mogle biti malo glasnije, ali uvezbanost vam je i te kako na nivou, a i pesme imaju smeka, pogotovo sto ubacujete one brejkove, i tehnikalije (respect za Necrophagist, naravno :meshuggah:).

:pivopije:

"Greetings,

We are more than proud to let you know that Srdjan Toljagic, Stevan Patic and Branislav Panic of DISDAINED will receive endorsement from INFERNO GUITARS (Australia) and in the near future will start playing of those hand crafted guitars! More information soon, many thanks to Trevor Discombe!!!"

Visit Inferno Hand Crafted Guitar sites:

http://www.infernoguitars.com/

http://www.myspace.com/infernoguitars

Pa eto drugari, sta da vam kazem :)

Edited by banedeathmetal