Legion Of The Damned

WoI

• 3 weeks later...

Sto se tiche "Cult"a, neki lik na m-a je napisao dobru recenziju, gde bih pre svega izdvojio prejak deo:

"In theory, this should be one of the more boring death/thrash bands, but theories CAN be hole-fucked, and, Legion of the Damned did exactly that and thus deservingly earned the title of the most interesting boring band."

Otprilike je takav i moj stav prema bendu, s tim sto njemu se vokal dojmi, a meni je (kao i bubnjevi) cesto, cesto monoton. Vredi slusati zbog povremenih dobrih riffova, tu i tamo refrena, za izivljavanje su dobri, kapiram da bi' live polomio vrat, ali za slusanje duze od sat vremena kuci/na sluskama, meni nisu. Brzo dosade. Sa novog su mi jache: "Necrosophic Blessing", "Pray And Suffer".

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Twan Fleuren, former bassist for Dutch thrashers LEGION OF THE DAMNED, has committed suicide, according to a posting on the band's official web site.

Twan joined the pre-LEGION OF THE DAMNED band OCCULT in 1998 in time for the group's European tour with MORBID ANGEL, AMON AMARTH and GORGOROTH. After the recording of OCCULT's "Rage To Revenge" in 2001 and two great tours with DARK FUNERAL (in 2001) and EXODUS, NUCLEAR ASSAULT and AGENT STEEL (in 2003), Twan Fleuren was involved in the recording sessions for the "Elegy For The Weak" album in 2003 (re-released in 2007 under the title "Feel The Blade") and the making of "Malevolent Rapture" in 2004 (released in 2006). Twan Fleuren was also part of the first LEGION OF THE DAMNED tour that took place in 2006 with KATAKLYSM and CANNIBAL CORPSE. However, Twan left the band halfway through the tour because his then-newborn son was hospitalized. It was eventually decided that it would be better for Twan to exit the group permanently and focus on family life. He was replaced in 2006 by Harold Gielen.

Commented LEGION OF THE DAMNED vocalist Maurice Swinkels: "Twan has been a great friend and we lost contact for several years because he was in some difficult times. Only a few weeks back we were all back in contact again and it felt like these great old times were about to return. Even Erik [Fleuren, drums] and me joined him on a terrace for a beer or two a few weeks ago. He even wanted to join us to With Full Force [festival] in July, where I was really looking forward to. He even showed a lot of interest in our new guitar player and the departure of Richard Ebisch.

"The bad news that came in today struck as a bomb not for me only personally but also for the band LEGION OF THE DAMNED.

"Of course we wish his family and kids all the strength they need in this process.

"We will miss you, brother, and, of course, all of the upcoming LEGION OF THE DAMNED shows will be dedicated in his name!"

Added drummer Erik Fleuren: "We knew that Twan had to face some extreme difficult times, but we certainly did not expect this. He was about to join us at some upcoming festivals and we were really looking forward to that. Maurice and I are happy that we still had a nice chat and drink with him at a terrace not so long ago after a really long time of not seeing each other."

Stated Andy Siry of LEGION OF THE DAMNED's management company, Boomer Entertainment: "When Maurice informed me this afternoon that Twan commited suicide, I was totally shocked and speechless.

"I remember when I met Twan at the first LEGION OF THE DAMNED tour in 2006 (with CANNIBAL CORPSE, KATAKLYSM). Twan was a very kind and nice man and a good bass player. Our 'beer talks' were always funny.

"Twan made the decision to leave the band during this tour to take care of his wife and his two kids … and now this terrible news … and the big open question is, of course, why???

"What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we cannot understand why Twan left this earth so soon, but little by little, we will begin to remember not just that Twan died, but that he lived. And that his life gave us memories too beautiful to forget.

"Twan will always stay a member of the LEGION OF THE DAMNED!"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New track entitled "Mountain wolves under a crescent moon" from upcoming album "Ravenous Plague" by

Legion of the damned. New track is also available on the free Legacy Magazine sampler. NOW AVAILABLE

"Ravenous Plague" will be released by NAPALM records January 2014