Najbolji metal album 2010. godine

Breakthru

Evo još od probranih muzičara:

ERIK DANIELSSON, WATAIN

Ten albums??? Theres hardly been ten good albums released this century!! Haha!

Here are my top three for 2010:

1. Ghost, Opus Eponymous

2. Vomitor, Devil’s Poison

3. Grand Magus, Hammer of the North

Greatest expections for 2011:

1. New Negative Plane

2. New Repugnant

3. New In Solitude

TRAVIS RYAN, CATTLE DECAPITATION

1. The Legendary Pink Dots, Seconds Late for the Brighton Line – After 40 albums, Edward Ka-spiel and co. still can’t do any wrong.

2. Magma, Ëmëhntëhtt-Rê – Holy shit a new Magma. They only release albums when planets align or something because they’re few and far between and alter your existence with every listen.

3. Bethlehem , Stoenkfitzchen — Everything you read about this album always says “unlike anything that has ever been released before” and shit like that. Sounds like Bethlehem to me. A great return to form by this greatly underappreciated dark metal behemoth.

4. Blessure Grave, Judged by Twelve, Buried by Six — A great album. I’ve heard all the new stuff and its even better. Awesome collection of songs.

5. Agalloch, Marrow of the Spirit – Been waiting for this one. Lived up to the wait for sure.

6. Longmont Potion Castle, Vol. 7 — The best prank call artist. Ever. Not much comes close.

7. Nader Sedek’s Ageless, In the Flesh — Awesome art project/death metal band featuring concepts/art by Nader Sedek, vocals/bass by Steve Tucker, drums by Flo Mournier and Rune does guitar. Being released shortly, be sure to grab it. Its an incredibly fresh death metal album.

8. Thomas Koner, Nunataak Gongamur and Permafrost LP reissues — Isolationist and minimal sub-tonal ambient genius. Every Ebay search session I do includes his name.

9. Interpol, Interpol — I love this band. And I don’t wear sweaters, so fuck you.

10. Boyd Rice’s NO book — Its not music but hey, its one of the more entertaining Boyd reads. You should check it out.

STEVE SMYTH, FORBIDDEN

1. Accept, Blood Of The Nations

2. Exodus, Exhibit B: The Human Condition

3. Death Angel, Relentless Retribution

4. Forbidden, Omega Wave

5. Scorpions, Sting Of The Tail

6. Y&T, Facemelter

7. Grand Magus, Hammer Of The North

8. Iron Maiden, The Final Frontier

9. Ozzy Osbourne, Scream

10. Dimmu Borgir, Abrahadabra

MARKO PALMEN, EVOCATION

1. Enslaved, Axioma Ethica Odini

2. Hail Of Bullets, On Divine Winds

3. Aeon, Path Of Fire

4. Dark Tranquillity, We Are The Void

5. Witchery, Witchkrieg

6. Sotajumala, Kuolemanpalvelus

7. Dimmu Borgir, Abrahadabra

8. Demiurg, Slakthus Gamleby

9. Unleashed, As Yggdrasil Trembles

10. Desultory, Counting Our Scars

AARON TURNER, HYDRA HEAD RECORDS, EX-ISIS

Good things from 2010 (in no particular order):

Alcest, Écailles De Lune – Not many people can get away with black metal howls and pretty nylon string guitar passages. These guys are good at it though.

Bastard Noise, A Culture of Monsters – Social/political critique, low end pummel, and electronic squiggles all in one place. Masters of their craft.

Aluk Todolo, Finsternis — Determined. Deliberate. Scary. French. Slow. Dark. Yes.

RST, The Sunset Limited — The best driving-at-night-through-the-woods-when-it’s-raining CD I’ve heard all year. RST seems to only pop up every now and again, but it’s always a welcome return.

Krallice, Dimensional Bleedthrough – Shredding with emotion. Epic without being contrived or melodramatic. Most records this punishing are hard to make it through in one sitting. These guys make it a pleasure.

Sun Kill Moon, Admiral Feel Promises – Kozelek does it again, but this time with some flamenco flair. Sounds like a bad idea in theory, but is wonderful in actuality.

Eleh, Location Momentum – Says more with stark simplicity than most artists/bands can say with any amount of ideas/instruments/players/layers. Beauty in restrain and focus.

Horseback, The Invisible Mountain — The songs go on and on, but I think they could still go on a bit more. The second thing on this list to effectively combine black metal and krautrock.

Dead Fader, Corrupt My Examiner – Truly ugly beats. Good ugly. Big, gritty, and forbidding. The world seems to be getting darker. Revel in it or something.

Evan Caminiti, West Winds — I really like Earth and the Dead Man soundtrack and Barn Owl. Slow brooding guitars with beds of droning textures are cool, too. Apparently Evan is a master of combining all these things into one tremendous record. Thank you, Evan.

TONY FORESTA, MUNICIPAL WASTE

1. Low Threat Profile 7″

2. Dopamines, Expect the Worst

3. Tiltwheel, The High Hate Us

4. Torche, Songs for Singles

5. The Fest, Fun Fun Fun, Brainsqueeze and Best Friends Day

6. Toxic Holocaust/Inepsy split 12″

7. Off With Their Heads, In Desolation

8. Antoine Dodson, “The Bed Intruder Song”

9. Ceremony, Rhonert Park

10. Kylesa, Spiral Shadow

ANNA MURPHY, ELUVEITIE

1. Alcest, Écailles De Lune – I just went on MySpace to check what their music is described as, and I wasn’t surprised it just says “other.. Their style is simply unique ,and this is by far their most amazing album to date. When it came out, I couldn’t stop listening to it.

2. As I Lay Dying, The Powerless Rise – This album got rid of my prejudices against metalcore. It completely blew me away. The songwriting is amazing, as is the production. It’s one of those perfect albums. I have no idea how they’re going to top this.

3. God Is An Astronaut, Age Of The Fifth Sun – Age of the Fifth Sun isn’t better or worse than their previous albums, they’re all equally brilliant. So I was neither disappointed nor surprised. Just a great band, that’s all I can say.

4. Deftones, Diamond Eyes – I’ve been listening to this band since I was about 11, I guess they got me into harsh music. I completely lost track of this band during the last few years and was really excited about this new release.

5. Anathema, We’re Here Because We’re Here – To be honest, the lyrics make me cringe. But the fantastically written music can distract me from them quite well, hehe.

6. Massive Attack, Heligoland – Takes some time to get into, but it’s still brilliant. Gotta love Massive Attack, nothing else to add here…

7. Ufomammut, Eve – This album was given to me by a friend, I had never even heard of this band before. Really cool experimental, psychedelic stuff! I’ve listened to them quite a lot since.

8. 36 Crazyfists, Collisions and Castaways – We recently toured with them and I was completely blown away by their live performance, probably one of the best bands I’ve seen in a long time. So when I got home I immediately had to get all their albums off iTunes.

9. Woven Hand, The Threshingfloor – The voice of David Eugene Edwards is not from this world. It took me really long to get why everybody around me loves this band so much, now I don’t get how you can’t.

10. Groombridge, Customers from Hell – An alternative post-rock whatever band (I hate analyzing genres…) from Switzerland. I saw them live with the American band This Will Destroy You and thought they were brilliant. Their CD certainly is too, worth checking out!

ARIF, WORMROT

1. Rotten Sound, Napalm – Inhuman. Always a fan of bassy, thick pounding tunes from these guys.

2. Phobia, Unrelenting – They just keeps on going faster and faster. We always do love the grind crust coming from Phobia. As long it sounds pissed off, everyone is happy.

3. Magrudergrind, Crusher – All I can say is, this is like their 2009 s/t album with extra dosage of steroids. Not much grooves going on, but still fucking furious.

4. GAF, Cultivate Disdain – Grooves at it’s finest. Nothing monotonous about this album at all. Dance!

5. Aborted, Coronary Reconstuction – Probably their best release ever. There’s more grind influences going on in this one. Massive production, too.

6. Misery Index, Heirs To Thievery – Misery who? Haha kidding. It was already a masterpiece even before the release. I just knew it. I was right all along.

7.Kill the Client, Set for Extinction – Raw to fucking core. If you are into clean pro as fuck production, then jolly well fuckoff. KTC never been angrier in their entire life. You might kill yourself and your own family with a mortar after spinning this bad boy.

8.Defeated Sanity, Chapters of Repugnance – Technical as shit, guttural vocals, insane guitar works, heavy production. too perfect for a brutal death metal album? YES.

9. Rehashed, Code Black –Hey ho let’s go! Makes me wanna skate although I’ve never skated before. If I could, I’d grind the shit out of the railings while blasting this album with headphones on. TRY IT.

10.Trap Them, Filth Rations – This release recieved great amount of spins in my stereo. A fan of their angsty, raw yet heavy production. Song writings/variations are killer in this one.

DANNY TUNKER, GOD DETHRONED

1. Immolation, Majesty and Decay – A band I’ve always liked turned into one of my favorite bands of all time this year. This album did it for me. It sounds great, the songs are killer and a lot more compact. They pack a hell of a lot of punch and are, through all the sheer brutality, enormously catchy. Just listen to the title-track!

Favorite songs: “A Token Of Malice,” “Majesty and Decay”

2. Jon Oliva’s Pain, Festival – Being a big Savatage fan, I followed this band quite closely and liked all their other albums. Liked them, but didn’t really love them as much as I’ve loved, say, Gutter Ballet, Edge Of Thorns of The Wake Of Magellan. Imagine my surprise when I routinely listened to this album (hey it’s got Jon Oliva’s name on it) and was blown out of my socks. The songs, the feel, the playing, the singing. To my ears Jon Oliva’s voice hasn’t sounded this great since Streets!

Favorite song: “Afterglow”

3. Misery Index, Heirs To Thievery – Any album by Misery index is worth checking out, and this one doesn’t disappoint. I loved Traitors, and Heirs To Thievery is a very logical and natural follow-up.

Favorite song: “The Illuminaught”

4. Anathema, We’re Here Because We’re Here – Unlike a lot of other metal-fans I loved the fact that Anathema branched out into a lot of “alternative” sounds. For me they have grown naturally, and my favorite Anathema album is A Fine Day To Exit. It still is, but this album has officially become my second favorite Anathema album. Awesome songs, great performances, and very beautiful artwork abound on this release!

Favorite song: Everything

5. Nox, Blood, Bones & Ritual Death – I’ve been a NOX fan for a long time and a new release is always good news for me. This EP is a rollercoaster-ride of a death metal album. All ingredients are in place and NOX has never sounded better. Every song delivers.

6. Enslaved, Axioma Ethica Odini – This band just keeps growing and this album continues that tradition. If you like progressive music in any way, I can fully recommend this release.

Favorite song: “Ethica Odini”

7. Kaipa, In The Wake Of Evolution – I loved their last album, Angling Feelings, and was looking forward to the follow-up. It’s more epic in that it contains longer songs, but it’s still unmistakably Kaipa. Per Nilsson’s playing on this album is out of this world!

Favorite song: “Electric Power Water Notes”

8. Severe Torture, Slaughtered – A brutal slab of Dutch death metal, and quite possibly their best album so far. It’s certainly their best sounding one.

Favorite songs: “Grave Condition,” “Deride Jesus”

9. Allen & Lande, The Showdown – A great melodic rock album. I’ve loved the first two, The Battle and The Revenge, the latter being my absolute favorite, and The Showdown once again delivers! Jorn and Russel sound great together, the songs are great, and so is the playing.

Favorite songs: “Judgement Day,” “Never Again”

10. Deathspell Omega, Paracletus – A great and fitting end to their trilogy.

Favorite Songs: “Wings Of Predation,” “Dearth”

FRED NORMAN, OCTOBER TIDE, EX-KATATONIA

A Swarm of the Sun, Zenith — This album is like a movie without a screen to me. Very dark and depressing.

Ghost, Opus Eponymous — Old school and brilliant!

Khoma, A Final Storm – Swedish kings of dynamics.

KENT, En Plats I Solen — Swedish kings of pop.

Amorphis, Magic & Mayhem — Recoveries of finnish friends.

Bo Kaspers Orkester, New Orleans — Swedes moving boundaries and diminishes the world.

Steve Hackett, Out of the Tunnel’s Mouth — The legend with another masterpiece filled with emothions and stunning guitar work.

Moon Safari, Lover’s End — Third album from swedish retro-progers and masters of harmonies.

Interment, Into the crypts of blasphemy — After twenty years they finally release their debut album. Death metal the way it should be!!!

Sun Kil Moon, Admiral Fell Promises — Perfect for lonley nights.

SACHA DUNABLE, INTRONAUT

1. Cloudkicker, Beacons – This dude came to one of our shows in Ohio and gave this CD to Joe, our bass player. Most of the time we’ll put one of these discs on for a few minutes just so we’re not being total dicks to the people who cared enough to give us their music. We must have played this thing like ten times in a row. This music is so perfect to me, and even though it’s totally different, it reminds me of my own band in some ways. I loved it so much that I ended up emailing Ben to tell him that if he ever puts a band together, I want to try out for guitar.

2. Torche, Songs For Singles – I have loved this band since the first moment I heard them. This record gives me everything I want out of Torche. Concise, catchy, heavy tunes. Perfect.

3. Murder Construct, S/T – Again, I’m a little biased here. Having watched this band in six years go from a sticker on Leon’s guitar case and a bunch of guitar pro files to having this very well produced record, I have to say that I’m proud to know them. Then again, here you have the best drummer in grindcore, ever, along with one of the best frontmen in heavy music, two other local legends, and Leon del-fuckin’-Muerte, so how could it not be the best grind record in years?

4. Elder, Reflectv – Another surprise hit. Have you heard of them? I didn’t think so. You will love this, I promise.

5. Nails, Unsilent Death – This record is angry as fuck and most of the songs are under one minute long. There is also gratuitous use of a Boss HM-2. Everyone should own this.

6. Horseback, The Invisible Mountain – On paper, four ten minute songs consisting of one main riff each is the most boring idea ever. The fact that they made it work is the most impressive thing here, and beyond that, it’s actually a very memorable and convincing record. The whole desert black doom thing is somewhat unique, too.

7. Immolation, Majesty and Decay – The best death metal band ever and one of my favorite death metal guitar players ever deliver their best record ever. If only their earlier records had production this good!

8. Boris with Ian Astbury, BXI – I don’t know the story behind this collaboration, but this seemed too strange to not check out. I was never a huge fan of The Cult, but I’ve always liked Ian Astbury’s voice, and him singing over a fuzzed-out Boris ended up sounding really cool.

9. Rosetta, A Determinism Of Morality – I’ve always loved this band, and I really do think that this is their best record yet. This hasn’t left my car in many months. Great job.

10. High On Fire, Snakes for the Divine – I will never not like a High On Fire record.

TORMENTOR, GORGOROTH

In no particular order, except The Devil’s Blood #1 and Ghost #10…

The Devil’s Blood, The Time of No Time Evermore

Okkultokrati, No Light for Mass

Darkthrone, Circle the Wagons

Burzum, Belus

Vomitor, Devil’s Poison

Drugged SS, I Hate What You Think About My Life (tape)

Kvelertak, Kvelertak

Danzig, Deth Red Sabaoth

Körgull the Exterminator, War of the Voivodes

Ghost, Opus Eponymous

IMPERIAL, KRIEG

1. Profanatica, Disgusting Blasphemies Against God — Profanatica have been a really strong influence and important part of my life for close to twenty years. This record practically erases all of that in its sheer heaviness and sick density. You don’t often expect older bands to come out with something that affects you more than the material which got you initially into them. This is one of those times.

2. Satanic Warmaster, Nachzehrer –Primitive and primal, Satanic Warmaster’s new record has the emotional impact of the best tapes you’d receive in the mid 90s from the far corners of the world. Proof that underground black metal can still be relevant and invigorating.

3. Woe, Quietly, Undramatically — A lot more aggressive than the name would lead you to believe, Woe for me is the best band in the neo-USBM scene that’s popped up in the wake of Xasthur, Leviathan, etc.

4. Murmur, Mainlining the Lugubrious –Not at all expected, this is demented and strange black metal, experimental without being pretentious.

5. Maniac Butcher, Masakr –Triumphant return of one of the eastern bloc’s oldest and harshest bands. A lot of beer drenched black & roll moments, my favorite MB record since ‘Invaze”

6. Black Witchery, Inferno of Sacred Destruction — 24 minutes is all you need of this barbaric trio’s first record in five years.

7. Ritual Combat, Occultus Requiem – This band is much more suited to front man Psycho than his previous tour of duty in Nokturne. Frenzied old school USBM, must be seen live to fully appreciate.

8. Teratism, Viva Negativa — Having known of this band and seen them live a few times in the past I never really fully appreciated them until we played together at the Samhain fest. Their performance was fucking gripping which caused me to seek this record out. Pitch black metal with an experimental ritual atmosphere. Another band that needs to be experienced live.

9. Nachtmystium, Addicts — Worth it because of how angry it seems to make people.

10. Killing Joke, Absolute Dissent — This honestly doesn’t require explanation.

ED WARBY, HAIL OF BULLETS

1. Triptykon, Eparistera Daimones – As close a follow-up as humanly, errr, demonically possible to Celtic Frost’s magnificent Monotheist, and a glorious album in its own right. Pitch black, utterly morbid and breathtakingly beautiful in its ugliness.

2. Masterplan, Time To Be King – Masterplan show that it’s possible to make power metal without an abundance of cheese. Awesome vocals from one the best hard rock singers around.

3. Facebreaker, Infected – Old school death metal, gotta love it! Nothing new, but these guys do it so well it doesn’t matter. Classic Swedish buzzsaw sound is honey to my ears.

4. High On Fire, Snakes for the Divine – Not as immediately impressive as Death Is This Communion, but a lesser band could fill three albums with the collection of gargantuan riffs on display here.

5. Dark Fortress, Ylem – A nightmarish trip into the darkest regions of hell, and definite proof that Satan doesn’t mind a good, heavy production at all.

6. Accept, Blood Of The Nations – Wasn’t expecting much, so the fact that this return of the teutonic terror is in fact really good comes as a pleasant surprise. It’s no Restless & Wild, but it’ll do just fine!

7. Autopsy, The Tomb Within – Ok, it’s just an EP, but it’s Autopsy! Great to have them back, the world needs more rough, dirty death metal like this.

8. Mar De Grises, Streams Inwards – Chilean doom gods’ third masterpiece in a row, put some effort into digesting it and the rewards are plentiful.

9. Kvelertak, Kvelertak – Usually not entirely my cup of tea, but these guys’ infectious blend of black metal, punk, rock ‘n’ roll and some other styles absolutely ROCKS!

10. Carach Angren, Death Came Through A Phantom Ship – Brilliant symphonic black metal with lyrics based on Dutch folklore, just like their debut album Lammendam. Great stuff.

OMAS LINDBERG, AT THE GATES, DISFEAR

In no particular order…

Triptykon, Eparistera Daimones

Autopsy, The Tomb Within

Ghost, Opus Epynomous

1349, Demonoir

Liars, Sisterworld

Misery Index, Heirs To Thievery

Watain, Lawless Darkness

Holy Fuck, Latin

Torche, Songs for Singles

Dax Riggs, Say Goodnight to the World

TOMMY ROGERS, BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

1. Pendulum, Immersion

2. Mike Patton, Mondo Cane

3. Pain of Salvation, Road Salt One

4. Johnny Cash, Ain’t No Grave

5. Braveyoung, We Are The Lonely Animals

6. 1349, Demonoir

7. Brandon Flowers, Flamingo

8. Cee Lo Green, The Lady Killer

9. Rufus Wainwright, All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu

10. Deathspell Omega, Paracletus

ROBIN STAPS, THE OCEAN

In this particular order:

1. The Dillinger Escape Plan, Option Paralysis

2. Deftones, Diamond Eyes

3. Abraham, An Eye on the Universe

4. Kruger, For Death, Glory and the End of the World

5. Knut, Wonder

6. Khoma, A Final Storm

7. Efterklang, Magic Chairs

8. Misery Index, Heirs To Thievery

9. The Black Atlantic, Reverence for Fallen Trees (OK this came out in 2009 but I discovered it only this year)

10. At Our Heels, Misanthropy and Godlessness

ROBB FLYNN, MACHINE HEAD

Top ten albums I rocked in 2010 (not necessarily released in 2010):

1. Deftones, Diamond Eyes – From the first time I heard the song “Diamond Eyes” I was floored. Deftones managed to do what is the most exhilarating, and yet most difficult, thing for any band to do: keep the foundation of your sound, but infuse it with something modern or fresh. In their case, this was accomplished with guitarist Stephan Carpenter’s introduction of an 8 string guitar, and some serious Meshuggah-worshipping riffs. Chino fully explores his range and harmonizing skills, Frank Delgado’s keyboards/DJ-ing add some incredible mind-bending depth and ambiance, while drummer Abe Cunningham and new bassist Sergio Vega’s poly-rhythmic foundation somehow glues it all together. That the band was able to pull it from the depths of such a horrible situation is an even greater testament to how good this band truly is. Crushingly heavy, beautiful, passionate, and real, Diamond Eyes is my album of the year. Check out “Diamond Eyes.”

2. Eminem, Recovery – The venom and anger are back, and he got rid of the weird ragamuffin flow from Relapse. He also thankfully changed the musical landscape of hip-hop by introducing a different level of production with stoner guitar jams, sampling Sabbath and New Wave, and adding classic rock elements. Most importantly, he’s pissed again. Check out “Almost Famous.”

3. Protest The Hero, Fortress – This band literally saved me this year. So fresh, different, heavy, beautiful, challenging, weird, musical, talented. Inspired beyond belief by them. Check out “Bloodmeat.”

4. Flyleaf, Flyleaf & Memento Mori – My personal views are pretty much the polar opposite of what this band stands for, and yet, Lacey’s voice absolutely mesmerizes me, it hypnotizes me. The guitar melodies, the Robert Smith-guitar tones… wow. Saw them live for the first time this year and had a non-religeous-religious experience. Check out “Circle” and “So I Thought.”

5. Avenged Sevenfold, Nightmare – I’ve hated everything this band has done post-Waking the Fallen, but this album floored me. Heavy, melodic, huge. A band going for it, doing their own thing, and getting massive results. Every one of these dudes is extremely talented. They should probably being paying Metallica and GN’ R royalties, but who cares when it’s done this good, and they’re are turning a whole new generation onto the originators of metal? Thank you A7X for finally getting us a legit metal record in at number one instead of some country bullshit, Justin Bieber, or lame rap record. Check out “Nightmare.”

6. Karnivool, Sound Awake – Music Choice’s metal station played this a lot ,and I have it on for background noise when I put my son down for a nap. Really impressive band, great sense of melody, progressive, and the fact that the singer can sing almost entirely clean yet still sound heavy is a testament to how good this band can become. Check out “Set Fire to the Hive.”

7. Shinedown, The Sound Of Madness – Waaaay late to the Shinedown party, but the best straight-up-rock record of the last five years. Check out “Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide.”

8. Jay Z, The Blueprint 3 – As a long time hip-hop head who’s somewhat disillusioned with how bad rap has gotten lately, I still always check out a new Hov record. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s lame, but in this case he has delivered maybe his best album since The Blueprint ten years ago. Pissed, cocky, ballsy, reflective… dude’s flow is incredible. He’s doing something that was nearly impossible before in hip-hop… growing up gracefully, and getting better with age. Check out “On to the Next One.”

9. Sevendust, Cold Day Memory – I can’t say I really ever got the whole Sevendust thing. Great dudes, talented players, but it never clicked for me. This record, I finally got it. Insane vocal harmonies, great metallic/melodic rock riffs, tasteful keyboard parts, interesting structures. Kudos to the 24/7 dust. Check out “Karma.”

10. Exodus, Exhibit B: The Human Condition — I feel incredibly blessed to have grown up as a teenager in the golden era of Bay Area thrash, and to have been able to witness that scene. For a good three years, Exodus were the only band that mattered to me, I was obsessed with them. It is amazing and inspiring that they have been able to persevere on through years of bad luck to nail down a stable line-up, and find the gem that is Rob Dukes as a singer. He has the skills of Zetro, but has that “Whoa-that-dude-has-problems” persona of of former singer Paul Baloff that I so gravitate towards in music. I other words, he’s pissed. If the song “Burn Hollywood Burn” doesn’t make you want to stab posers in the arm with a fork, there’s is something wrong with you. Check out “Burn Hollywood Burn.”

Edited by Grobodan

Još poznatih:

PHILLIP COPE, KYLESA

1. Kvelertak, Kvelertak

2. Melechesh, The Epigenesis

3. Alcest, Ecailles de Lune

4. Cephalic Carnage, Misled By Certainty

5. All Pigs Must Die, EP

6. Ghost, Opus Eponymous

7. Coffinworm, When All Became None

8. Deathspell Omega, Paracletus

9. Sweet Cobra, Mercy

10. Nu-Kle-Er Blast Suntan, Blot Out the Worthless Sun

FENRIZ, DARKTHRONE

HELLO EVERYBODY!!

Before you just take this list and use it, know this: Albums are just the tip of the iceberg. The most important releases this year were, as usual, demos.

Of all the people you ask for these lists, most of them have barely even heard ten new albums this year, so the tips are really far-fetched/lame in most cases.

Ideal people to ask for these lists are, for example, the editors of underground pressese worldwide. Only a handful musicians are as drenched in music listening as myself :D

Also, we all love lists, even though we all know top ten lists are bullshit and that MUSIC IS NO COMPETITION.

Ghost, Opus Eponymous (Sweden) — Astounding album, but is it heavy metal occultism or death-rock? Who cares…

Deathhammer, Phantom Knights (Norway) — It is not possible to make a more 1985 deathrash black album than this. Simply not possible.

Burzum, Belus (Norway) — Back almost exactly where he left off with Filosofem.

Enforcer, Diamonds (Sweden) — Managed to create an album so old school it doesn’t even of traces of the first Metallica record.

Cauchemar, Le Verge Noire (Canada) — Extremely old school sounding epic heavy metal/doom/NWOBHM.

Knuste Ruter, Gjennom Veggene (Norway) — Very engaging album in the vein of the infamous Norwegian “blitz” style punk/HC style.

Grave Desecrator, Insult (Brazil) — South American death, meaning a lot of black vibes… but also sounds like it’s 1986. Great solos.

Murderess, The Last Thing You Will See… (USA) — Shockingly organic crust, and vocals that sound involuntarily like Burzum.

Körgull the Exterminator, War of the Voivodes (Spain) – They finally turned 80s on us, and what a result — an onslaught of die hard metal.

Whip Striker, S/T (Brazil) — Incredibly old school and vicious underdog from Brazil, cool songwriting that takes from the 70s as well as 80s.

Züül, Out of Time (USA) — It’s heavy metal rock in a most glorious way.

Nekromantheon, Divinity of Death (Norway) — Norwegian thrashers do very little to disappoint here…

Hell Darkness, Rockin’ Underground (Israel)

Vomitor, Devil’s Poison (Australia)

Hellish Crossfire, Bloodrust Scythe (Germany)

Metal Inquisitor, Unconditional Absolution (Germany)

Christian Mistress, Agony and Opium (USA)

Children of Technology, It’s Time to Face the Doomsday (Italy) – It’s time to face the doomsday

Autopsy, The Tomb Within

Abscess, Dawn of Inhumanity (USA)

Enslaved, Axioma Ethica HOUDINI (Norway) – hahaha

Masakari, The Profit Feeds (USA)

Dishammer, Under the Sign of the D-Beat Mark (Spain)

Bombus, S/T (Sweden)

Smoke Mohawk, The Dogs are Turning Red (Norway)

Cathedral, The Guessing Game (England)

Hooded Menace, Never Cross the Dead (Finland)

Atlantean Kodex, The Golden Bough (Germany)

Kvoteringen, Samhällets Förrädare (Sweden)

Demon’s Gate, S/T (Australia)

…and probably the new Electric Wizard, but I haven’t heard it yet.

…and VERY probably the Bastard Priest album as wel — haven’t heard it yet, but I KNOW it kills!

And don’t tell me to pick out ten faves!!!

RICH HOAK, BRUTAL TRUTH, TOTAL FUCKING DESTRUCTION

1. FU, Love I Love CD

2. The Bastard Noise, A Culture of Monsters LP

3. Black Ganion, “First” CD

4. Cortisol, Peace of Meat CD

5. Flag of Democracy, Home Lobotomy Kit CD

6. Real Ugly, Demo 2010 CD

7. F.U.B.A.R., Doomed to Consume CD

8. Rotten Sound, Napalm CD

9. Monsters of Pot,“Live” cassette

10. Grind Bastards Volume 4 compilation cd

MAURIZIO IACONO, KATAKLYSM, EX DEO

1. Accept, Blood of the Nations

2. Overkill, Ironbound

3. Kataklysm, Heaven’s Venom

4. W.A.S.P., Babylon

5. Keep of Kalessin, Reptilian

6. Alter Bridge, III

7. Black Label Society, Order of the Black

8.Swashbuckle, Crime Always Pays

9. Exodus, Exhibit B

10. Arsis, Starve for the Devil

CAM PIPES, 3 INCHES OF BLOOD

1. Enslaved, Axioma Ethica Odini – One of the most consistent quality bands of the past fifteen years. Every album is well thought out and inspired. Their sound has evolved naturally over the years and maintained a distinct Enslaved trademark. Every album feels like a new chapter in an endless saga. Axioma Ethica Odini shows that the band is nowhere close to slowing down, but are getting more inventive, blending atmospheric ambiance with the brutal viking metal that they cut their teeth on.

2. Bison B.C., Dark Ages – A band to keep an eye on if you haven’t already been doing so. This is their third album and probably their best to date, yet they will likely top themselves in heaviness with each new record. No bullshit or pretenses with this band, just in-your-face power.

3. Holy Grail, Crisis In Utopia – These up and coming trad metal warriors are a force to be reckoned with. With their first full length, they continue to showcase their love of true metal, as they did with the Improper Burial EP. Now with an expanded repertoire of killer cuts, these youngsters are showing what real metal is all about.

4. Iron Maiden, The Final Frontier – Maiden’s back, but they never really went anywhere. The Final Frontier shows that Maiden still have something to teach all the young bucks out there. Even this deep into their career, they continue to be relevant and aren’t afraid to try new things. Not surprising that they are bigger today than they were in the 80′s

5. Blind Guardian, At the Edge of Time – The wait for each new Blind Guardian album is sometimes agonizing, but well worth it. Each song is a journey into a mystical world, telling a story that sends the listener into a realm of high fantasy. At the Edge of Time maintains Blind Guardian’s place as the lords of power metal.

6. Triptykon, Eparistera Daimones – Like many people, I took the most recent dissolution of Celtic Frost quite badly. Luckily, Tom G. Warrior didn’t hang up his musical hat and continued on with Triptykon. Eparistera Daimones will satisfy CF fans and fans of dark metal in general.

7. Accept, Blood of the Nations – As skeptical as I was when I heard Accept was reuniting without Udo Dirkschnieder, they actually managed to put out a really good record with a different singer. Mark Tornillo does a nice job in Udo’s absence, while the rest of the gang still deliver that unmistakable Accept sound. A nice return by the German boys.

8. Early Man, Death Potion – Its been way too long since the last Early Man release, but here it is, better late than never. It’s unmistakably Early Man, and they’re still dishing out tasty, thrash-laden riffs. Death Potion will fit nicely in your collection.

9. Witchery, Witchkrieg – Witchery got a lot more sinister since I last heard them. The addition of ex-Marduk vocalist Legion gives Witchery an extra ferocity that most bands wish they had. Witchkrieg is a step in a slightly different direction musically, but they’ve done a superb job with this record.

10. Exodus, Exhibit B: The Human Condition – Another band that has maintained its presence and relevance over the years is Exodus. Since bringing in Rob Dukes on vocals, Exodus has demonstrated that they are still capable of blowing imitators and a lot of their contemporaries away.

STEF BROKS, TEXTURES

1. Karnivool, Sound Awake

2. Chimp Spanner, At The Dream’s Edge

3. The Dillinger Escape Plan, Option Paralysis

4. Dead Letter Circus, This Is The Warning

5. Deftones, Diamond Eyes

6. TesseracT, One

7. Cube X, Kanzi’s Wordlist

8. 30 Seconds to Mars, This is War

9. Periphery, Periphery

10. Anathema, We’re Here Because We’re Here

FREDERIC LECLERQ, DRAGONFORCE

1. Disturbed, Asylum – Because I’m on their DVD. Haha, nah, just because I love Disturbed. This album is just as brilliant as the others. Favorite song is “Innocence,” if you care.

2. Stone Sour, Audio Secrecy – Super catchy, excellent songs, perfect album to go training (yeah, I try to do that).

3. Daath, Daath – Brutal and technical. Love the dark atmosphere of this album.

4. Watain, Lawless Darkness — Simply 666 :)

6. Exodus, Exhibit B: The Human Condition – Always need a bit of thrash metal!! Very energetic, old school!

7. Papa Roach, Time for Annihilation – I’ve discovered them pretty late, but I like their energy live! This new album will manage to put a lot of this energy in your CD player/iPod/mp3 player/whatever.

8. Atheist, Jupiter – Very happy to see them back, and with a good album!!

9. Burzum, Belus — Just because! it’s not super amazing, but I found it kinda funny to buy the new Burzum on iTunes. But, yeah, the music is good.

10. Darkthrone, Circle the Wagons – Gotta love Darkthrone. Well, I do.

PROSCRIPTOR MCGOVERN, ABSU

1. Stargazer, A Great Work of Ages

2. Sabbath Assembly, Restored To One

3. Autopsy, The Tomb Within

4. Deathspell Omega, Paracletus

5. Titan, Sweet Dreams

6. Ghost, Opus Eponymous

7. Exciter, Death Machine

8. Enslaved, Axioma Ethica Odini

9. Electric Wizard, Black Masses

10. Melechesh, The Epigenesis

Honorable Mention: King Crimson, In The Wake Of Poseidon vs. Islands – 40th Anniversary CD/DVD-A Reissues

SHANE MADDEN, WOE

1. Anathema, We’re Here Because We’re Here – Their first new material in seven years and it’s perfect. The songs hit right where they need to. The theme I take from this album is that they’ve moved on from all the years of ultra-miserable tunes, albeit great ultra-miserable tunes, onto something positive, maybe bright.

2. Nachtmystium, Addicts – This album is an awesome development from Assassins and it upped the ante for breaking into new territory in the black metal realm. The great mix of psychedelia and awesome songwriting make this the most interesting black metal out there.

3. The Ocean, Anthropocentric – Ultra-heavy, proficient, powerful, consistent, memorable and original.

4. The Ocean, Heliocentric – The heavy moments rock but it’s the quiet numbers that make this album a pleasant surprise and an awesome listen from start to finish.

5. Deftones, Diamond Eyes — I originally doubted this album after hearing the title track prior to it’s release but after one or two listens the subtleties that make this album awesome became apparent. Heavier and stripped down compared to Saturday Night Wrist, this album maintains Deftones’ role as an essential band. Sleeper pick of the year.

6. Castevet, Mounds of Ash — These guys were onto something huge when they started performing as a tight-as-hell drum and guitar two-piece and they took it to an amazing place with this album. The originality and technicality is top-notch. Each member’s performance on this record is absolutely killer. I can’t wait for what’s next.

7. Grinderman, Grinderman 2 – You can’t go wrong with this album.

8. Ludicra, The Tenant – There isn’t a bad song on this album. Each one is unique but they’re cohesive enough to tie the album together into a unified experience. “In Stable” rules particularly hard.

9. Enslaved, Axioma Ethica Odini – Yet another amazing release from Enslaved. They seem to have brought back some of the more metal aspects of their sound to the forefront after the past few superb, proggy album, but still without recycling or rehashing.

10. Drudkh, Handful of Stars – While I can’t admit to very much familiarity with this band’s past work this album is a great listen. I love the production. The relative simplicity demonstrates that songwriting trumps filler, flare, and studio magic every time.

Dve vrlo zanimljive liste:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/column/134341-the-best-metal-albums-of-2010/P0

http://fullmetalattorney.blogspot.com/2010/12/best-metal-albums-of-2010.html

Ova druga je naročito vrh, iako se ne slažem sa baš svime izrečenim (Watain black album godine, pre svega). :D

Edited by Talvi

druga je puna zicera. meni je ova prva interesantna, jer sa nje dosta toga nisam ni slusao. mada je hipsterskija. i, ono, ja bas volim Yakuzu, ali mi se njihov poslednji album uopste ne svidja, a ovde je bas viskoko kotiran.

neko moj top za ovu godinu:

Tryptikon

Ihsanh

Immolation

Enslaved

EDIT; e, da , gde da zaboravim Hayaino Daisuki-Invincible Gate Mind of the Infernal Fire Hell , mada je ovo EP, ali mi je svakako top za ovu godinu.

Edited by Uruk Hai
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dve vrlo zanimljive liste:

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/column/134341-the-best-metal-albums-of-2010/P0

http://fullmetalattorney.blogspot.com/2010/12/best-metal-albums-of-2010.html

Ova druga je naročito vrh, iako se ne slažem sa baš svime izrečenim (Watain black album godine, pre svega). :D

лик који је правио другу листу очигледно није чуо да је Оверкил избацио албум :lol:

• Downvote 1

METAL HAMMER lista:

1-IRON MAIDEN - Final Frontier

2-ALTERBRIDGE - III

3-DEFTONES - Diamond Eyes

4-KILLING JOKE - Absolute Dissent

5-AIRBOURNE - No Guts No Glory

6-TRIPTYKON - Eparista Daimones

7-SLASH - Slash

8-CATHEDRAL - The Guessing Game

9-PARKWAY DRIVE - Deep Blue

10-CANCER BATS - Bears, Mayors, Scraps and Bones

11-IHSAHN - After

12-BRING ME THE HORIZON - There is a Hell...

13-AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Nightmare

14-DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - Option Paralysis

15-ANATHEMA - We're Here Because We're Here

16-BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - Black Country Communion

17-SWANS - Father Will Guide me Up a Rope to the Sky

18-HIGH ON FIRE - Snakes for the Divine

19-ELECTRIC WIZARD - Black Masses

20-FEAR FACTORY - Mechanize

21-ROB ZOMBIE - Hellbilly Deluxe

22-KVELERTAK - Kvelertak

23-LETLIVE - Fake History

24-BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - Orderof the Black