Thunderstone

Elldamar

• 1 month later...

Evo nekih informacija koje sam nashao:

Thunderstone was formed in early 2000 by guitarist Nino Laurenne. The band began as a project for Nino's new songs that he wanted to record. After the first demo, Nino felt like putting together a real band. Mirka Rantanen was playing drums on the first demo and was willing to go on. Bass player Titus Hjelm and Nino were old bandmates from their former band Antidote. With their past experience of fruitful teamwork, Titus was glad to join Thunderstone as a regular member. Next person to join the band was singer Pasi Rantanen who had sung backing vocals on the first demo (Nino sang the leads back then).

In the late fall of 2000 newly formed Thunderstone hit the studio with great results: three extremely well played and mixed power metal gems to drive the metalheads around the world crazy! Next months the band composed and rehearsed new material which was ready for recording in the summer of 2001. By this time the band had evolved into a five-piece with the addition of Kari Tornack on keyboards. Three new metal anthems ended up in the new demo. Four of the songs recorded in these two sessions have been available through mp3.com and have earned enthusiastic praise from around the world.

A promo CD including songs from both demos caught Nuclear Blast's attention in the late fall of 2001. After negotiating a deal with the no. 1 Heavy Metal Record Company in the world, the band went back to the studio on January 2002 to record their self-titled debut album, which will be released 24.6.2002. The album features outstanding cover art by Thomas Ewerhard and interesting musical contributions. The songs and the band's performance on the album showcase the individual members' talent and experience of over a decade in different line-ups put together in single dynamite package. Furious and fast playing, killer vocals and loads of feeling under one name: Thunderstone!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

novi, firshki album Tools of Destruction...

vrhchina totalna...

legao mi je samo malko loshije od zadnjeg Ark-a...

jes da mi se ovakav metal neverovatno retko svidi al sad mi se svideo nema greshke...

mjuza je heavy, nema greshke ni tu, al ima i powera malko, proga i malo modernijeg dsh-dsh, takozvanog, Draconic zvuka...

vokal Jorn, a zla pomenu i onog mini val nesrecnika iz Whitesnake-a...

meni najbolji post-sonata arctica bend iz finske, uz twilightning, naravno icon_da.gif

interesantno je kako su oba benda zakovrnula od ecliptica stila ka pretty maids inspired heavy zvuku (mada su ga, ruku na srce, thunderstone i na debiju imali) i ta je promena dovela do formiranja sopstvenog pecata, jer su elemente sa debija vrhunski inkorporirali u novo okruzenje (mada se ono u slucaju thunderstone-a proteze sada i na symphony x). tool of destruction je, doduse, nesto losiji od the burning-a, koji nije imao nijednu losu pesmu, ali je, sveziji i muzicki napredniji. klonovi ova dva benda (vise) nisu, u stvari u onoj su meri u kojoj je persuader klon blind guardian-a, na primer (a to moze reci samo onaj ko ih nije slusao lepo/ne voli doticni bend), tako da se ja na te price ne obazirem. vazno je da mi mjuza savrseno prija - energija i melodija se preplicu na nacin koji je ecliptica uspostavila, a kad vec SA nije vise u stanju da ucini takvu simbiozu, (vise su mi nego) dovoljni i thunderstone/twilightning, narocito sto uz to gaje i afinitete prema heavy/arena smeku, meni veoma dragom. a i pasi rantanen zvuci kao miks kiske-a, jorn-a i ronnie atkins-a, mora ga covek voleti.

potpuno subjektivno:

thunderstone: 4.0/5.0

the burning: 4.2/5.0

tool of destruction: 4.1/5.0

musik20.gif

Edited by Kent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Pa da. U principu power/heavy metal bi mozda bio najbolji opis.

Moglo bi i tako da se definise.

@J0N B0N J0\/1- pa pored svih bendova koji dolaze iz Finske, zaista je tesko napraviti preciznu selekciju. Po meni, ovi momci zaista zasluzuju poverenje i ocekujem da naprave malo veci proboj uskoro.

Edited by the charmed one

• 2 months later...

Finnish melodic power metallers THUNDERSTONE have posted the following message on their official web site:

"THUNDERSTONE spent their second weekend rehearsing and demoing new material for the forthcoming fourth album at Sonic Pump Studios. There are currently five new songs in a very rough form, missing vocals etc. but nevertheless sounding better than ever! Expect some heavy, groovy, and melodic stuff! The band also had special surprise guests as Finnish teenage (10-13 year old!) rockers SCHOOL OF ROCK visited the studio. The future of Finnish metal is here!" Check out the pictures at this location.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...