Interfector

Apeiron

Pre nego nastavim sa pracenjem i ucescem u spam razgovorima, prvo recenzija!

Jedan od najboljih svetskih metal webzine-ova, THE METAL OBSERVER (www.metal-observer.com) upravo je objavio recenziju The Force Within albuma. Ocena 8/10! Udarac!

----------------------------------------------------------------

INTERFECTOR - The Force Within

Genre: Black Metal

Label: Rock Express

Playing time: 41:54

Band homepage: www.interfector.net

Bosnia-Hercegovina so far has only been featured on our pages through Proggers SOUTHERN STORM, with INTERFECTOR’s “The Force Within” changes this and doubles the statistics. Somehow I was sure that these guys hailed from Serbia, but not without a reason. For one the quartet hails from Banja Luka, the Serbian part of Bosnia, they have guest musicians from Serbian bands, for example Black Metallers THE STONE, and they have a song titled “Mother Serbia”, so not completely out of the blue.

Founded in 2000 by Carcass, Invictus and Apeiron, the first document was a live recording in 2001, followed by three promos until now reaching “The Force Within”, released via Serbian label Rock express. They are promoted as Black Metal and knowing bands of this style from this region, for example MAY RESULT or THE STONE, I already braced myself for a brutal onslaught, but what the opener “Mother Serbia“ has on offer is almost Folk Metal that blows me away!

Foreign sounding melodies are combined with broken rhythms and garnished with a gruff voice. The melodies almost sound oriental, but the Serbian folklore bears some resemblance to this culture, especially in the scales, which make the whole thing sound foreign to European ears. As the title already tells, it is a hymn to Serbia, in the chorus even with some choir, very good start. But this is not the general direction of the album, because “Alienation” right after throws a harsh, blastbeat driven Black Metal grenade at us that almost severs your ears. The blastbeats are cleverly combined with mid-tempo passages, so that you never have the feeling that the band only passes you by in light speed without any kinds of hooks.

After „Temple Of Desire“ gives us a breather, with some clean vocals and in the chorus also guest singer Marta Vlahovic, „Buried Memories“ surprises with some tribal-like rhythms, overall the whole song sounds almost progressive in its structure with disharmonic melodies and scales. Then “The Lightbringer“ amalgamates Death and Black Metal, covering the rhythmic spectrum from fat double-bass to blastbeats, before “The Dark Saga” indeed is a cover version of the ICED EARTH classic, musically pretty close to the original, only the riffs have a different sound and the keyboards are more prominent, it is the rough vocals that give this song its very own character. At the end “Na Krilima Noci“ amputates almost all limbs with a heavy Black Metal conflagration, yet still varying tempo and adding melodies, great closer!

INTERFECTOR have surprised me very positively and show that they can’t fully pinpointed to a specific style, but have the courage to integrate foreign sounding elements, in a very homogenous way. Give this band a chance, if you like the mentioned sounds, you might have discovered a future gemstone! (Online June 20, 2005). By ALEX.

*Direktan link:

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php...1&sid=1&id=8125

icon_rockdevil.gif