Queensryche

• 1 month later...

U ponedeljak sam u Budimpesti bio na koncertu Queensryche. Isao sam tamo sa drugarom kome je ovo inace bio cetvrti put da uzivo gleda Queensryche. Koncert je odrzan u famoznom Petofi Czarnoku, koji sam eto posjetio po prvi put. Usli smo unutra oko 20:15, a na bini je vec bila jedna predgrupa. Dok smo se vrzmali oko merchandise standa, skontao sam da su to na bini ustvari Dreylands Nikole Mijica. Uhvatili smo njihove tri pjesme.

Queensryche su poceli koncert u 21:03, pred ne vise od 400 ljudi u publici. Da li je razlog tome pad popularnosti koji je ovaj bend dozivio ili relativno visoka cijena ulaznice, ne bih znao reci. U postavi benda su bila cetiri stara clana (Tate, Wilton, Jackson, Rockenfieldd), plus taj novi gitarista, inace zet G. Tatea, Parker Lundgren. Suprotno mojim ocekivanjima, repertoar je bio dosta sarenolik – bilo je tu pjesama sa albuma iz posljednjih 12-13 godina, koje iskren da budem nisam ni prepoznao, pa do stvari tipa "Breaking the Silence", "Silent Lucidity", "The Thin Line", "Damaged" ili "Walk in the Shadows". Sa posljednjeg studijskog albuma su svirali cetiri pjesme, od kojih mi je najupecatljivija bila "The Killer". Moglo se vidjeti da publika daleko bolje reaguje na stare i poznatije stvari, nego na nove pjesme. Ipak, glavni udarac je ostavljen za bis, tokom kojeg su izveli "I Don’t Belive in Love", "Jet City Woman" i "Empire". Koncert je zajedno sa bisom trajao 97 minuta. Sve u svemu, setlista na koju bih definitivno imao zamjerke, ali koja opet po mom misljenju pokazuje da bend gaji respekt za sve faze svoje karijere, svidjelo se to nama ili ne.

Generalno gledano nosim veoma pozitivne utiske sa ovog koncerta, kao i iz Budimpeste koja je prelijep grad.

Setlista kako ju je zabiljezio drug sa kojim sam isao:

- Hit the Black

- Sacred Ground

- Man Down

- The Hands

- Damaged

- The Thin Line

- A Dead Man’s Words

- Breaking the Silence

- Hostage

- The Killer

- Silent Lucidity

- Desert Dance

- Walk in the Shadows

- The Right Side of My Mind

Bis:

- I Don’t Believe in Love

- Jet City Woman

- Empire

Dobro je zvucao Tate, i po pitanju njegove izvedbe na koju nemam zamjerki, a i po pitanju ozvucenja. Vokal je bio dovoljno pojacan da se dobro cuje i da ga gitare/bubanj ne ometaju i ne poklapaju.

Od Queensryche-a vise nista ne moze da me iznenadi... bend tone sve dublje i dublje u provaliju..vrhunac su ovi kabare nastupi ko klubovima i kockarnicama Amerike. U  poslednje vreme Queensryche sve vise lici na Tejtov solo projekat...ubacio je celu porodicu u tu pricu..zena mu je menadzer,najmladja cerka peva na koncertima,zet mu je sad gitarista u bendu... Jedini spas za bend bio bi povratak Chris DeGarma u bend al to se verovatno i ocigledno nikad nece desiti :icon_ne: . Bolje je i pilotirati nego nastupati u kabareu. Ostaje seta i tuga za zlatim periodom benda od 1981-1994 u kojem je bend ostavio neizbrisiv trag u istoriji Heavy Metal muzike.

• Upvote 1

Od Queensryche-a vise nista ne moze da me iznenadi... bend tone sve dublje i dublje u provaliju..vrhunac su ovi kabare nastupi ko klubovima i kockarnicama Amerike. U  poslednje vreme Queensryche sve vise lici na Tejtov solo projekat...ubacio je celu porodicu u tu pricu..zena mu je menadzer,najmladja cerka peva na koncertima,zet mu je sad gitarista u bendu... Jedini spas za bend bio bi povratak Chris DeGarma u bend al to se verovatno i ocigledno nikad nece desiti :icon_ne: . Bolje je i pilotirati nego nastupati u kabareu. Ostaje seta i tuga za zlatim periodom benda od 1981-1994 u kojem je bend ostavio neizbrisiv trag u istoriji Heavy Metal muzike.

^sustina.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Geoff Tate Completes Work on new Feature Film!

Geoff is starring in the psychological thriller, “The Burningmoore Incident.” Long time admirers of Geoff’s onstage theatrics and commanding presence, Fires at Midnight Films, found him to be a perfect fit as the film’s unstoppable killing machine.The film focuses on the murderous rampage that took place in March of 2010, in Bayside Queens, as the construction team of Cole Contracting were being video taped by multiple cameras on the first day of what was to be a home makeover reality show. By sundown the house was a bloody scene of carnage.

Geoff has also contributed an exclusive new track for the film.

Check out the official movie trailer on YouTube:

Click here for the official movie website : http://www.burningmooreincident.com/

• 3 weeks later...

kakva ultimativna tugica.

novi album ce se zvati.......

"Bob"

QUEENSRŸCHE Currently In The Studio Wrapping Up "Bob"; More Studio Photos Available

Hot Flashes

Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 13:27:28 EST

Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Parker Lundgren - collectively and collaboratively known as the rock band, QUEENSRŸCHE - recently entered the studio to lay down what will be the band's first studio recording since their ambitious American Soldier project in March of 2009.

Due out on Roadrunner/Loud & Proud Records later this spring, the working title of the forthcoming effort is once again "Bob."

"Our very first demo was recorded on a cassette tape by a guy named Bob," explains front man Geoff Tate. "We've kept that tradition ever since and, to this day, put all of our demos in the original case labeled 'Bob' until we actually have an album title."

Very superstitious, indeed.

The project has been a true meeting of the creative minds since it began earlier this year.

And if you think you know "Bob," think again...

The tentative moniker certainly wasn't meant to be a palindrome like Black Sabbath's Live Evil... that's just they way it turned out.

"We'll certainly have the name of the album soon," states Tate. "In the mean time, we hope you're getting ready to welcome 'Bob' into your own, individual rock universe."

Coming soon.

BraveWords.com spoke to Geoff Tate late last year about the album. "It will be a very strong collection of songs. The topic of the album is all over the place. There's a lot of different subjects we tackle. The sound and the writing direction is probably more focused on rhythm than any of our records have been. Scott (Rockenfield; drums) and Eddie (Jackson; bass) are contributing a lot to the composition of this record, so there's a lot of focus on rhythm structure and keeping things very rhythmatic and moving. It's got a lot of very intricate bass/drum work on it that perhaps hasn't been featured on earlier albums. Therefore it's going to have a very modern sound to it. Music these days, outside of hard rock and metal, is really rhythm-oriented. There's a lot of movement to it. So we're kind of going with that as a feature on this record. Still, there's a lot of interesting guitar work as we try to push the guitar into different areas as well, while trying to stay away from the bone-head stuff like the chunk-chunk-chunk kind of thing. We're using the guitars in a more melodic sense. The band is producing it with Kelly Gray, our longtime friend and engineer (and former guitarist)."