Axel Rudi Pell

lemmy sixx

Zadnjem albumu fali inventivnost. Očigledno je Axel dostigao vrhunac sa Kings and Queens. Ono što na Mystica takođe nedostaje je neka power metal pesma. Što se tiče dolaska Axel-a kod nas, ja bih to mnogo voleo, ali prvo treba više ljudi da čuje za njega i da zavoli njegovu muziku. Ako je za utehu, bubnjar Mike Terrana doći će sa Masterplanom.

Inventivan je on sasvim dovoljno. Svakome se desi pad. Ja lično mislim da je on iz albuma u album uglavnom napredovao, uz neke izuzetke. Recimo, Shadow Zone je slabiji od The Masquerade Ball, ali zato sledi veliki uspon na Kings and Queens. Možda će se posle Mystica nastaviti uspon.

Najbolje je da uzmeš po jedan iz različitih perioda, recimo Wild Obssesion, Magic i Kings and Queens. A postoje i razne kompilacije - The Wizards Have Chosen Few, Ballads I, II i III. Ja znam za dva live izdanja - Live in Germany (1995) i Knights Live (2002). Ovaj drugi je mnogo dobar, imam na DVD-ju sa sve dodatnim materijalima - intervju, snimanje albuma Shadow Zone...

Oceans of Time je po meni prekretnica. To je prvi album na kome peva Johny Gioelli. Na njemu se nalazi i pesma Carousel, za koju Axel kaže da mu je omiljena i da definiše njegov stil. Uz nju tu su: Ashes from the Oath, Ride the Rainbow, The Gates of Seven Seals... Mnogo dobar album.

German guitarist AXEL RUDI PELL has issued the following update:

"We'll be in the studio in April to record a new album which will be a covers album! Yes, that's right... but all NEW recorded material, no songs from earlier releases, just 10 songs which I picked personally out of some really great tunes ! And... surprise...there will be NO cover version of either a DEEP PURPLE or a RAINBOW song! Expect all the songs sounding typically in the style of Axel Rudi Pell! I promise you'll really be satisfied! The record will be released by SPV after the summer."

• 4 weeks later...

eve neki novi(stari) info

The title for the upcoming Cover album will be "Diamonds Unlocked" and will be released by SPV Sept./Oct. this year. The band will be in the studio starting next week on April 2nd. "We will record 11 songs, 10 cover versions and 1 self written Intro. I saw a few song suggestions from the fans here in the guestbook... but, hey... this will be a record containing songs which hadn't been covered much. Also it is not my intention to record songs from other "real" Metal bands (with 1 or 2 exceptions), because the songs ARE already "metal". We wanna show how songs from other music genres could sound when a Hardrock or Classicrock Band is covering em. That doesn´t mean that the record will be strange sounding....no way !!! It will be typically ARPish and you´ll not be disappointed, believe me !!!! " Axel explained.

:pivopije:

• 3 weeks later...