Opeth

Baal

Pa i nisi bash neki mudri panj a :P Ja imam na spejsu Miku i pitah ga da li planira da ponovo izda Orchid i Morningrise sa boljom produkcijom, ali to nazalost ocigledno nije u planu u skorije vreme :(

U tome i jeste ceo problem, produkcija na ta dva albuma je totalni SHIT i to zaista uzasno kvari opsti utisak. Ali zadnjih 20-ak minuta albuma (druga polovina Black Rose Immortal-a i To Bid You Farewell) su po meni nesto najbolje od Opetha uopste.

kako vrijeme prolazi, mnogo mi se vise slusaju i svidjaju skoriji opeth albumi(pocevsi od blackwater park-a) od onih iz "ranije faze"

pogotovo mi prva tri zvuce supljikavo

takodjer, definitivno mislim da ovaj bend postaje sve bolji iz albuma u album i to svakim sljedecim sve vise boljim if you know what i mean

jedino mi se deliverance ne dojmi mnogo vise od bwp, ali opet i tu je prisutan napredak

• 2 weeks later...

kako vrijeme prolazi, mnogo mi se vise slusaju i svidjaju skoriji opeth albumi(pocevsi od blackwater park-a) od onih iz "ranije faze"

pogotovo mi prva tri zvuce supljikavo

takodjer, definitivno mislim da ovaj bend postaje sve bolji iz albuma u album i to svakim sljedecim sve vise boljim if you know what i mean

jedino mi se deliverance ne dojmi mnogo vise od bwp, ali opet i tu je prisutan napredak

mudri panju,mudro zboris... :da: meni je Blackwater Park jedan od apsolutische najboljih albuma...za stvari kao sto su Dirge For Novembre i Bleak nikako se ne moze reci da su prosecne ili "supljikave"...

• 1 month later...

Friday, March 23, 2007

Rotting all over the world...

Hello....yes.....hello there!

Just a quick note to fill you (if you care) in on what's cooking and stuff....like that.....

Roundhouse/UK gig DVD: Well, the music is mixed and it sounds nothing less than awesome I must say. The film material is also edited and it looks great too! We went through a lot of fan interviews as well which was hilarious. Most of the interview material that was shot is going to be used, although there were severe audio problems with some and those can't be used for that reason. I was struck by how drunk all of you fuckers were....great!! I felt like partying myself watching it! All I can say is, it will be pretty good all in all....pretty fucking good indeed. Release date? Don't know right now, I guess late Spring. Title? I have it but will announce it later on opeth.com.

Next Opeth Lp: I'm writing and it's going quite well. I have around a dozen of song ideas. Some are downright evil sounding....a few Bathory (evil era 83-87) parts, some tech-death ones, some overblown prog ballad ones, one Nick Drake thing, one complete prog thing with triple harmony vocals, one evocative middle eastern psychedelic metal arrangement with falsetto vocals (not as wimpy sounding as you might think), one 70´s Scorpions sounding bit (like "Living and dying" type of stuff), one's totally murky forest-ish sounding dark prog-rock with loud vocals that shifts between major and minor, one tedious ugly/pretty little hobbit sounding symf part with moogs over a classical guitar, some soundtrack-ish sounding ones etc...

Yes, it's business as usual....

I don't know when or where we'll record but I guess late this year. I want to make sure it....rocks....somewhat! No titles, lyrics or anything like that so don't ask.

Wilson/Portnoy thingie: I don't know...maybe it's off, maybe it's on...I've no idea really....don't hold your breath.

Overall I feel good but my brain is making me sick as I feel (maybe too) inspired.

Listening to: A-ha, "Hunting high and low"...what a song! Tony Macalpine (some 80´s shred...I don't know why but I had to listen to him), Camel - Snow goose (got stuck in an endless airport que and needed to "calm down"), Jan Johansson - Jazz på Svenska (endless fave but listened to it as well for the above reason, same que), Judas Priest - Sad wings of destiny (If you ask why, you're a geek!).

Sorry, this message is fucked up and disjointed but that's where I'm at right now.

Hope all of you are well!

Best regards

Lars Mikael Åkerfeldt

Next Opeth Lp: I'm writing and it's going quite well. I have around a dozen of song ideas. Some are downright evil sounding....a few Bathory (evil era 83-87) parts, some tech-death ones, some overblown prog ballad ones, one Nick Drake thing, one complete prog thing with triple harmony vocals, one evocative middle eastern psychedelic metal arrangement with falsetto vocals (not as wimpy sounding as you might think), one 70´s Scorpions sounding bit (like "Living and dying" type of stuff), one's totally murky forest-ish sounding dark prog-rock with loud vocals that shifts between major and minor, one tedious ugly/pretty little hobbit sounding symf part with moogs over a classical guitar, some soundtrack-ish sounding ones etc...

Yes, it's business as usual....

jea!