Motörhead

lemmy sixx

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the group recently reassuring fans about the health of Lemmy Kilmister, it seems that Motorhead frontman is in worse shape than anyone initially thought.

Drummer Mikkey Dee gave the Swedish newspaper Alfonbladet an honest update of the entire situation, revealing that the iconic singer/bassist is "devastated beyond belief" as he faces multiple health issues.

"Everything started with him falling and getting a nasty blow to his hip a little over a week ago," Dee said (via Loudwire). "Following his fall, Lemmy had more bad luck when a fire alarm went off at the hotel Royal Kensington in London where he was staying. He had to walk eight stairs in the middle of the night. Lemmy's personal assistant said that that was f--ked up and that he had an injured hip."

The stickman continued, saying, "He needs to have his body drained of fluid and that can't be done too quickly. When he remains in bed and can't move, he can easily get pneumonia ... If you can't move properly, other issues will follow. He is devastated beyond belief. It has a bigger effect on him than it would anyone else. It's like chopping off a piano player's hands. This is his life."

"I am worried because he's not doing so well right now," the drummer added. "But he's improving, even though it takes longer for him than anyone else to become well. Now that the doctors feel that he shouldn't go out an play you'll just have to accept that order."

Meanwhile, the band was forced to cancel the remainder of European tour dates, as Kilmister is clearly not capable of performing.

"The doctors in Berlin are recommending that he rests for another couple of weeks," Dee said in a separate GT interview. "We can't keep canceling show after show, it's too costly. Therefore, we unfortunately have to cancel the entire tour. There will be an official announcement regarding his health shortly ... We're really sorry. But we're not canceling because of a cold and this is something we've put a lot of thought into ... It's so f--king typical, but what are you going to do? You have to put health before everything else."

In related news, Tony Iommi talked about Kilmister in the upcoming issue of Metal Hammer, calling him a "one-off."

"I remember on one occasion, Lemmy came into our dressing room with a birthday cake for me," Iommi said. "But it wasn't Lemmy as you'd expect to see him. He had on a black dress, stockings and high heels and was wearing make-up. He looked a right sight. Did I fancy him?! You're joking! It's still Lemmy! He is a one-off. We will never see his like again."

More info is expected to drop soon.

Tata ima probleme sa ritmom vec duze vrijeme i trebo je vec odavno "pod noz"

Mislim da sam prvi put cuo za to jos na Wakenu tamo 2004 kad su svirali

Ali boli ga kurac i dalje moze da pije jer je dobio najnoviji model ICD-a za razliku od Slash-a koji ima stari i ne moze da se opija

• 3 weeks later...

Track list for "Aftershock"

Message from Phil Campbell: “Better prepare yourselves big time, because our mind-blowing new record Aftershock will be coming out. Lemmy is on the mend and we are gonna be touring our asses off. Business as usual real soon!”

Set for release in the autumn:

01. Death Machine

02. Heartbreaker

03. Coming Back To You

04. Going To Mexico

05. Courage

06. Queen Of The Damned

07. Lost Woman Blues

08. Crying Shame

09. Paralyzed

10. Dust And Glass

11. Coup De Grace

12. Silence When You Speak To Me

13. Knife

MOTÖRHEAD was forced to end its performance at the Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany earlier today (Friday, August 2) after only six songs due to frontman Lemmy Kilmister's health.

According to people attending the concert, MOTÖRHEAD spent less than half an hour on stage — 45 minutes less than scheduled — including drawn-out pauses between tracks and an unusually early solo spot, presumably to allow Lemmy enough time to gather his strength to perform.

After MOTÖRHEAD left the stage, Wacken Open Air co-founder Thomas Jensen announced to the shocked audience that the concert was over.

Bill Peters, host of the long-running "Metal On Metal" radio show and head of Auburn Records, was in the crowd during MOTÖRHEAD's set. He said: "[Lemmy] did not look or sound good at all and could not continue the set.

"Phil Campbell did a guitar solo before 'The Chase Is Better Than The Catch' while Lemmy left the stage. The solo ended but Lemmy did not return. There was eerie silence on the stage for several minutes. Lemmy came back to play one more song (my favorite MOTÖRHEAD song) but left the stage immediately after it ended. Wacken festival organizer Thomas Jensen came onstage and announced to the crowd he did not know what to do or say about a situation like this. It seemed very serious to me. Hopefully I am wrong."

baš umorno izgleda lik, skroz

stvarno bi trebali da uzmu malo dužu pauzu ako treba umesto da se ovako muči i zajebava, kul je što on hoće da se što pre vrati u akciju ali je i tužno kad vidiš ovako ove prekide koncerta i sranja

makar oni ne moraju više nikome da se dokazuju i pravdaju, njemu se može da kulira dokle hoće ako nikome drugom ne

baš umorno izgleda lik, skroz

stvarno bi trebali da uzmu malo dužu pauzu ako treba umesto da se ovako muči i zajebava, kul je što on hoće da se što pre vrati u akciju ali je i tužno kad vidiš ovako ove prekide koncerta i sranja

makar oni ne moraju više nikome da se dokazuju i pravdaju, njemu se može da kulira dokle hoće ako nikome drugom ne

pa to je njemu zivot, nek umre na bini, verovatno i to zeli.

nema lik porodicu, decu, unuke, jedino sto zna je taj rock n roll. bolje nek samo udara pa da umre u stilu. ili to ili da se ocisti od alkohola i da ode na selo da zivi jos 10-15 godina u mizeriji.

da, kad odgledaš taj film malo stekneš uvida u njegov život i ono, ne mislim sad da bi on kad bi uzeo neki odmor otišao na selo i pecao, tj. možda i bi, ali bar ja to ne zamišljam tako :haha:

više mi se čini da je on prerano posle operacije krenuo opet na turneju, a to realno zna biti cimanje i za mnogo mlađe ljude od njega. ne mora on nužno sad da se odmah povlači iz muzike skroz, prosto neka uzme koji mesec odmora, neka se zajebava po onom njegovom stanu u LA-u i opušteno

• 5 weeks later...