Tool

nazgaroth

jao moja zena bejase na tool-u u lisabonu, petak na subotu uvece...sviralisu 2 sata i 15....otvrili sa vicarious, pa posle he pot.......ja kad sam je mrtav pijan zvao iz nocne 32jke u pozadini se cuo jambi, negde oko 2:20am, tj. 1:20 po njihovom....

kaze da je bilo perverzno dobro, stim sto je maynard malo falsirao...ali tool je dobio novog fana icon_biggrin.gif

sta bi sa onom akcijom za prag, ako to bude izorganizovano ja cu sa njom sigurno ici...aj da se prijave judi pa da vidimo sta moze da se uradi.....

Koncert je bio extremno dobar, sve sam pratio iz drugog reda

Setlista:

Stinkfist

The Pot

Forty Six & 2

Jambi

Schism

Right In Two

Lost Keys

Rosetta Stoned

Sober

Lateralus

Vicarious

Ænema

Slike:

http://www.eldoradio.lu/events/eventpics/i...category_id=923

http://gallery.rockhal.lu/tool?page=1

Koncert je bio extremno dobar, sve sam pratio iz drugog reda

Setlista:

Stinkfist

The Pot

Forty Six & 2

Jambi

Schism

Right In Two

Lost Keys

Rosetta Stoned

Sober

Lateralus

Vicarious

Ænema

Slike:

http://www.eldoradio.lu/events/eventpics/i...category_id=923

http://gallery.rockhal.lu/tool?page=1

Kakav si ti srecnik! wallbash.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Novi TOOL nije trebao da bude snimljen!!! Bar ne kao Tool!!

Maynard je zaboravio kako se peva u Toolu, od silnog APC-odsustvovanja iz matichnog benda icon_smile.gif .... Na stranu to, ovaj album, sem toga shto vishe vuche na APC nego na Tool, takodje vishe vuche na rani period Tool-a, nego na ovu potonju BIBLIJU OD LATERALUSA... U svakom smislu muzichki (a i po produkciji) ovo dodje kao nastavak Undertow-a i bled nagoveshtaj Aenime... te bi jedino logichno mesto ovog albuma u diskografiji Toola zapravo i bilo izmedju Undertow-a i Aenime!!

Posle Lateralusa su morali MNOOOGO hrabrije i odgovornije... Maynard pride vishe nema ni ideja za pevanje... na ovom albumu nema ni jedne upechatljive melodije (a i brate da mu od srca alali chovek, koliko je dobrih stvari u zivotu napisao.. i previshe!! icon_rockdevil.gif )

Adam i ekipa (instrumentalisti, dakle)... stvarno mi nije jasno zashto su ovoliko zabagovali... Isti ljudi koji su pisali Laterlus!??! Nije mi jasno...

Sve u svemu... CHUDNO!!

Ako se se u ovom pravcu denuli, kao shto jesu, trebali su priznati sebi da je Lateralus Tool-ov poslednji album i to je to.

pivopije.gif

Poslednjih par dana se intenzivnije premišljam da li da uzmem novi album da poslušam. Čuo sam različitih, napola do skroz pozitivnih, mišljenja, ali uglavnom od ljudi čije mi riječi ne znače ništa. Samo jedna osoba čije sam izlaganje po pitanju novog albuma želio da čujem. Komentar je bio - Nemoj ga slušati. A sad evo još dvije, rođak je druga.

Do daljnjeg ništa.

(Kao neko ko može povremeno da uživa u muzici Toola, ali i da ima zamjerki.)

*ebiga nije to bend za svakodnevo sluskarenje, musik20.gif  dok ucim npr.

icon_da.gif defintivno se slazhem sa ovim. lateralus mi se obavezno vrti dok uchim

shto se tiche novog, josh uvek nisam imao prilike da ga preslusham, ali will do u sledetjih nekoliko dana musik20.gif

konachno sam stigao da preslusham 10 000 days. jedan od konfuznijih albuma koje sam slushao u poslednje vreme (a nisam ih slushao mnogo laugh.gif ), poseduje shirok dijapazon pesama. variraju od opushtajutjih, do onih koje mi predstavljaju logichan nastavak lateralus-a, mada je takvih malo. vicarious, jambi, right in two. to cut the crap, nisam ochekivao ovakav album nakon zhestokog lateralus-a, koji se mozhe slushati skoro svakog dana. shto nije sluchaj sa 10 000 days, kako su mnogi primetili. ali ipak, tool...

icon_da.gif

Edited by korovjov

• 1 month later...

Inace, evo objasnjenja za "Lateralus " album:

Some time after Lateralus was released a minor flurry of interpretive activity arose around the album. In particular, Carey told an interviewer about Keenan's remark that the time signatures of the main riff in "Lateralus" (9-8-7) also represented a step in the Fibonacci sequence (the sixteenth step, as it turns out). This led some Tool fans to suggest that the tracks on Lateralus can be listened to in spiral-like orders: 1,2,3,5,8,13,4,6,7,9,10,11,12 ("The Fibonacci Sequence"), 6,7,5,8,4,9,3,10,2,11,1,12,13 ("The Lateralus Prophecy"), or 6,7,5,8,4,9,13,1,12,2,11,3,10 ("The Holy Gift"). These arrangements are rumoured by fans to produce different storylines for the album, although the band has said nothing official on the subject.

"The Grudge" references the novel The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne in the line 'Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen'.

The cover is translucent and flips open to reveal the different layers of the human body, including a spiritual layer representing vrajna, the transcendental wisdom of enlightenment or union with the divine. Partially obscured in the brain matter on the final layer is the word "God." The artwork was done by artist Alex Grey.

"Eon Blue Apocalypse" is said to be about Adam Jones' Great Dane named Eon Blue, that had cancer and died, according to an interview with Danny Carey.

The fourth track, "Mantra", was alleged to be a slowed-down recording of someone—possibly an old woman—saying "I love you". Keenan has since stated that the song is a slowed-down recording of one of his Siamese cats being squeezed. It has been noted that when the vinyl record is played on a phono player at 78 speed, the track actually sounds like a recording of a mantra being recited.

The songs "Parabol" and "Parabola" are directly connected to each other, making the two tracks into one song in excess of nine minutes. A ten-minute long video was made for the song, but received little airplay due to its prohibitive length.

The eighth track, "Ticks and Leeches", is rarely performed live due to the immense strain the song puts on Keenan's voice. They have performed it occasionally, however, with Keenan utilizing several distortion devices to minimize the difficulty of the song.

On the ninth track of the album, "Lateralus", Keenan's vocals during the verses coincide with the Fibonacci sequence by syllable. The number of syllables progress to the sixth step, then back down to the first step; up to the seventh step, and then back to the fourth step:

[1] black

[1] then

[2] white are

[3] all I see

[5] in my infancy

[8] red and yellow then came to be

[5] reaching out to me

[3] lets me see

[2] there is

[1] so

[1] much

[2] more that

[3] beckons me

[5] to look through to these

[8] infinite possibilities

[13] as below so above and beyond I imagine

[8] drawn outside the lines of reason

[5] push the envelope

[3] watch it bend

[it is interesting to note that the Fibonacci sequence shares a relationship with phi, the golden ratio. The golden ratio is used to describe spirals, which are mentioned several times in the lyrics. Also, in "Lateralus", Keenan first starts singing at 1 minute 37 seconds, which equates to 1.617 minutes (the golden ratio = approximately 1.618).]

Just as "Salival" was initially released with several errors on the track listing, early pressings of "Lateralus" had the ninth track spelled as "Lateralis." The error was fixed in subsequent pressings.

The original title of "Reflection" was "Resolution" before being changed at the last minute. Drummer Danny Carey sampled himself breathing through a tube to simulate the chanting of Buddhist monks. There is also the sound of pianos being smashed with hammers sampled on this track.[1]

Another common analogy is that the album represents the break-down of a relationship and the feelings/thoughts that follow, although many find the lyrics too open to be about one specific experience.

The vocal on "Faaip de Oiad" is a recording of a call from a 1997 conversation on Art Bell's radio program Coast to Coast AM. The caller, in a frantic tone, claimed to have been previously employed at Area 51 and stated that the true nature of aliens were that of "extra-dimensional beings" that have infiltrated the military establishment and plan to destroy the world's large population centers to more easily control the remaining humans. The broadcast was cut short however, when their transmitter failed but Art Bell returned on the air with the use of a back up link system. Supposedly, the same caller called back some weeks later and claimed it was a hoax. "Faaip de Oiad" is Enochian for "the voice of God." Described as Danny Carey's personal percussion piece for the album (as was "(–) Ions" on Ænima), he can be heard drumming intensely in the background along with sounds of static and various electronic debris.

In the song "Lateralus," the line "as below so above and beyond I imagine" is a reference to alchemy and hermeticism.

Disposition, Reflection, and Triad are a trilogy of songs originally planned as a single 23 minute track. They are performed together live. Also the number 23 has an occult meaning.

In "The Grudge," the song is written in 10/8 time and is another example of the wide variety of diverse time signatures employed by the band. The lyrics contain several references to astrology (specifically, the "Return of Saturn"), and to alchemy, "transmutate these leaden grudges into gold".

The cd was mastered using HDCD technology, which can be decoded by listening to the CD using Windows Media Player.

[edit]

Alchemic connections

Some song lyrics on this album can be interpreted as references to alchemy, especially due to the fact that the Philosopher's stone often serves as a spiritual metaphor to evolve from a lower state of imperfection and vice (symbolized by the base metals) to a higher state of enlightenment and perfection. References to this spiritual transmutation are:

"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.

Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold." ("The Grudge")

"Black then white are all I see in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me....Lets me see". ("Lateralus")

If seen in this perspective, the part from "Lateralus" can either refer to the four colors of the Philosopher's stone during different phases of creation, or to the colors of the ingredients themselves (i.e. black = mercury, white = salt, yellow = sulphur, red = stone).

It is also believed that the same line refers to the order in which infants start to see colors.[citation needed]

The infant theory is strongly referenced in the book "The Giver," about a secluded utopian-esque society with many secrets. It is suggested that all within the society are fully color blind. Slowly the main character begins seeing colors, the red of an apple, then the yellow of the sunlight, like an infant awakening to reality.

Some people also believe to have found a relation between Lateralus and the Hermetic Kabbalah,[2]where Black, white, red and yellow refer to the colors associated with various Sephiroth of the Tree Of Life.

Kakvi ludaci. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif