Riverside

Out Of Time

I vise od toga. Harrison je u ovom trenutku daleko kreativniji bubnjar od Portnoya koji prati korake svog maticnog benda - u zabokrecini.

Koliko ja voleo Dream Theater i sve što Portnoy radi, slažem se sa Arkadijem oko ovog. Portnoy je nekako čovek koji sedi iza svih njih, a opet je ispred svojom "agresivnošću" i nekakvom pomamom da uvek bude prisutan. Harisson je, rekao bih, bubnjar iz "senke", ne primećuje se, a opet svojom kreativnošću doprinosi mnogo čemu.

Da se razumemo - i ja sam (bio) veliki fan DT-a. I dalje smatram Scenes From a Memory jedinstvenim muzickim i konceptualnim klasikom i tome slicno. I bas zato je svako spominjanje ovog benda kod mene osenceno nekom dozom rezignacije - ne zato sto ih a priori (ili a posteriori, svejedno) ne volim. Vec zato sto osecam da su dozvolili da se uljuljkaju u jednu stranu svog kvaliteta - a to je virtuoznost - i stoga zanemare svaku primesu kreativnosti. Sto zatim, kao zatvoreni krug, pocinje negativno da se odrazava i na njihovu doticnu virtuoznost tako sto je prestaje biti, postaje repetitivnost. Portnoy je primer - postao je uzasno predvidiv, kao i njihovi albumi.

Ogroman offtopic, ali jbg.

Nikako na Tool, mada su i APC, PT, Blackfield reference takodje dubiozne. Po meni, oni imaju jasno definisan, unikatan atmosferican zvuk od samog pocetka...zaista, od prvog slusanja pa do sada, ne asociraju me ni na sta od navedenog i nenavedenog.

Zaboga, cime sam zasluzila takvu kritiku. Procitaj neciji post i nekoliko puta ako treba pre nego sto iskoristis pojam ''dubiozno''. Molim te.

Da li sam ja rekla da me asociraju na pomenute bendove? Ne. Rekla sam da su divni i da dopunjuju slagalicu (metafora za moje licne muzicke i umetnicke afinitete) ciji su delovi pomenuti bendovi.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Mari

• 2 months later...

U iščekivanju novog albuma, naleteh na ovo, a kako niko nije ništa napisao, ajd' da podelim zdrugarima. :)

Open letter to... at the so-called pre-end stage.

So, step by step, rather fast than slowly, we have finished mixing the material. Fast, because recording an album about haste for two years would be a hypocrisy. Are we satisfied with the final result? Yes. Are we sure? Sure. I think that for many people it will be our best album. And for the others certainly the second best - right after their favourite one. :) We put more emphasis on playing rock - we are a rock band after all. Do you remember the energy on some old rock records, the energy that in one moment just evaporated? Well, we wanted to refer to that somehow. The material is colourful, diverse, there is a lot happening there. I think that when it comes to concerts, this album will turn out the best of all.

Lyrics-wise it is not one story, as it was in the case of the trilogy, told from the beginning to the end, but you may as well say it is. For me those are rather thoughts of all those people who wake up every day afraid that maybe this day their "sell-by date" expires. It will be a story about people who, before having learnt how to use device X, angrily state that it is no longer fashionable. Even worse - no longer usable, and now device Y should be used. An album about those who know that if they don't quicken the pace, they will stay behind. About those who sometimes despite themselves must stop at nothing to achive their aims. About those who realise that one of the most popular diseases nowadays does not only concern screaming kids running amok, but also the majority of adults who simply cannot pull themselves together, organise their lives as they would wish to. Do not confuse it with laziness! It will be an album about chaos, constant race, uncertainty, stress, and... the attempt to survive. How would we present this topic? With ballads? Of course there will be some calmer moments, melodies, but... generally it will kick ass! For example, Szymon's ass was kicked. And usually it's very hard to kick him, because he shields himself.

Some of you will ask: why write about something that is happening all around? Why record an album that will not take us far away from reality? Here I will clear my throat and say that, personally, I wanted to sum up this decade and draw some psychological portraits of the contemporary man (in parenthesis there should be something in Latin now). Moreover, I think that this kind of albums is necessary, even if we only "apply" them to ourselves once in a while like a vaccine to become immune, to survive, but most of all not to let ourselves go crazy in these hybrid and hyperactive times.

And just to finish - I think that just as much as a lot of us want and have to escape the racing reality (as often as possible), it will be - I hope so - impossible to want to escape this music for a long time. And I know what I'm saying, because I'm stuck in this studio with the guys third month in a row. I hope that the results of our work will leak out soon - after all we live in that kind of world now.

Best regards,

Red Roy

Ta-daaaaa:

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/2003/adhdcover.jpg

Exactly 44 minutes and 44 seconds will be the length of the upcoming, fourth Riverside album entitled “Anno Domini High Definition,” the most energetic and rockin’ record of the band. The material recorded in Studio X in Olsztyn will be released worldwide on June 19th, 2009 by InsideOut, and on June 15th, 2009 in Poland by Mystic Production. The booklet layout has again been designed by Travis Smith.

There will be five pieces on the album:

1. Hyperactive

2. Driven to Destruction

3. Egoist Hedonist

4. Left Out

5. Hybrid Times

Some of them will be played at the forthcoming Riverside concert – on April 26th in Studio club in Kraków.

Ako je po artworku, ocekuje nas promena. U svakom smislu.

Meni se svidja cinjenica da album traje (po modernim standardnima) kratka 44 minuta. Mislim da to otkriva da su bili fokusirani na kvalitetno komponovanje pre nego na popunjavanje kapaciteta CD-a po svaku cenu, a mislim da se svi slazemo da je to prioritetnije.

Naravno. Ne sviđa mi se što neki bendovi imaju pritisak od strane izdavača da moraju da popune disk sa cca 60 minuta. Doduše, to nije slučaj sa Dream Theaterom, recimo. Njima po defaultu albumi idu na 60+. :)

S druge strane, primer veoma kvalitetnog albuma, koji pri tom nema taj pritisak dužine, jeste novi album Mastodona.

Ta duzina nema veze isachim. Najbolje je to sam kompozitor da proceni kolko mu treba. Npr. Post-metal bendovi su po difoltu dugachki jer ko bi mogao da zamisli jedna takav album bez psiholdelichnih rifova koji se ponavljaju. Kod proga je druga stvar, i sve zavisi kolko je kvalitetan kompozitor , dal ce znati da napravi interesantnu poduzu pesmu, a da nepostane zamoran sa filerima i ponavljanjima.

• 3 weeks later...
We are glad to inform that the new Riverside album "Anno Domini High Definition" will be released in two versions - the basic one and the extended one with a bonus DVD with a concert recorded in Paradiso club in Amsterdam in December 2008 during the Reality Dream Tour.

Bonus DVD:

Live in Amsterdam

1. Volte-Face

2. I Turned You Down

3. Reality Dream III

4. Beyond The Eyelids

5. Conceiving You

6. Ultimate Trip (excerpt)

7. Panic Room

Exactly 44 minutes and 44 seconds will be the length of the upcoming, fourth Riverside album entitled “Anno Domini High Definition”, the most energetic and rockin’ record of the band. The material recorded in Studio X in Olsztyn will be released worldwide on June 19th, 2009 by InsideOut, and on June 15th, 2009 in Poland by Mystic Production. The booklet layout has again been designed by Travis Smith.

There will be five pieces on the album:

1. Hyperactive

2. Driven to Destruction

3. Egoist Hedonist

4. Left Out

5. Hybrid Times

Some of them will be played at the forthcoming Riverside concert – on April 26th in Studio club in Kraków.

More details concerning the new album can be found on a special website www.annodominihighdefinition.com

Još samo malo. Očekujem da procuri album uskoro. :D