MORTIIS Remasters Early Albums For Upcoming Reissue Campaign

Taking time out from writing and demoing for the planned 2006 follow-up to

"The Grudge", MORTIIS spent Valentines Day, February 14 lovingly remastering the three early albums he calls "Era 1".

MORTIIS flew to Nottingham, England and upgraded the following three classic early-period releases at Rubber Biscuit Studios:

"Fodt Til A Herske"

"Crypt Of The Wizard"

"The Stargate"

All three releases are due for an April 2006 reissue campaign and come packaged in lavish collectors' slipcases with extensive expanded liner notes, including in-depth interviews with MORTIIS by Tommy Udo (Metal Hammer) about the making of each meisterwerk.

"Soul In A Hole", the first-ever DVD release from MORTIIS is packed full of exclusive interviews, videos and a full live set filmed during MORTIIS' mammoth seven-week European tour in support of "The Grudge" album. It includes MORTIIS' unparalleled videography to date with clips shot as far a field as Death Valley, New York and London, plus never-before-seen interview footage, including Mortiis speaking candidly about the recording process, live shows and the reason for the mask. The DVD is available in all good stores plus at the Earache webstore.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Kasno Joker na temu stize,ali posto sam noob ovde ne mogu a da ne izrazim svoje odusevljenje muzikom Mortiis.Od industrial ere Smell Of The Rain je za tri duzine ispred The Grudge,bar po mom ukusu,dok iz ambienatlne ere mi SVE jako prija usima,doduse Stargate je malo ispod ostalih ali dobro...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Elem, ovaj album je sasvim solidan. Prva pesma vuče na Pretty Hate Machine, druga na The Fragile - klavijature u pozadini i gitarska melodija kao da su sišli sa tog albuma. Posle toga, Mortiis već pokazuje nešto drugačiji materijal, "Sole Defeat" ima ritam kojeg se The Prodigy ne bi postideli... Veći deo albuma je instrumentalan i ima svakakvih zvukova. Jedna od pesama pri kraju ponovo podseća na NIN, čini mi se da je u pitanju "Impossible To Believe". Sve u svemu, Mortiis se očigledno ne stidi svojih uzora i uspešno barata mnogobrojnim uticajima, pritom gradeći odličnu zvučnu sliku i atmosferu.

Nosati trol u intervjuu kaže da je u pitanju materijal koji ne odgovara konceptu koji su zamislili za The Great Deceiver, ali koji im se sviđa, tako da su to objavili kao sitnicu koja će služiti da popuni vreme do novog albuma. Inače, moći će besplatno da se skine sa njihovog sajta.

Evo i tog intervjua. http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/529/20166/Mortiis-to-giveaway-new-album-for-free.html#axzz11bSFLKYh ;)

Edited by Uncle Lu