Space Eater

RNA

Ej, vi iz Space Eater-a, nemate pojma...

...koliko ste dobri. hahahahahaha :) :) :)

Odlican album. Nisam ovo hteo da kazem dok ga ne preslusam dva puta. Total support!!!

Just to show that they aren't going to be pigeonholed by anybody, the most wonderful Ihate Records, generally famous for their excellent doom roster, goes and pulls a release straight out of the left field. Now, if I tell you that this is a thrash release, it may have some of the more cynical of you reaching for the “next” button, but bear with me. This isn't some kind of Day-Glo shorts, water cannons and beer bongs kind of outfit, nor a group of tiresomely coiffeured young whippersnappers with too much time for Master of Puppets.

Space Eater, (which brings on shades of Hawkwind to me, moniker wise, though I note from the accompanying blurb that the band took it from an...erm...Gamma Ray song), are a fantastic outfit from Serbia. This really brings to mind all the best moments of those rather unsung second division of thrash bands from back in the heyday of the genre in the eighties. Eschewing the rather more traditionally trod paths of their retro inspired peers, you're not going to find ne'er a trace of Metallica or Slayer here, rather the erratic, progressive touches of Heathen and Forbidden, with more than a dash here and there of the guitar heroics of prime Testament. After the now obligatory atmospheric opening track, thrasher-proper “Bombs Away” erupts from the disc, all rumbling, churning rhythm interspersed by the melodic guitar lines. Vocally, this is probably more authentic than any band influenced by the old school of thrash than any I have heard this year. Cleanly sung, the vocals are powerful, high pitched and not aversed to the odd high pitched WaAaAiLlLlL!

The track listing is an absolute storm. This is a band that has existed since 2003 (or 2002, depending on where you look on their bio), and they have obviously honed their skills since then. There isn't a single wasted note here, not a filler track to be heard among all ten on the shiny silvery disc. The composition and musicianship on display here would shame many more high profile acts, and hearing the frankly stunning “Overkill” (not a Motorhead cover) should be high on the priority list for any metal head who dares call themselves a thrasher. With tracks sounding like they could easily have been culled from classic albums such as “The Legacy” and “The Ultraviolence”, this is one experience that you can't afford to miss. The production is powerful and has a wonderful clarity, and to my ears is mixed to absolute perfection. The song writing and composition is beyond reproach, and the musicianship truly first class.

I was beginning to wonder if any truly excellent bands would be borne from this newest wave of thrash. It seems as if the first of the new Kings has risen to the throne. All hail Space Eater. Bow you dogs! Bow!

E ovo se zove recenzija!!!

(skinuto sa www.metalteamuk.net, kasne malo Englezi, al' oprastamo im)

Ми смо још поноснији на вас, другари. :rockdevil:

@ Fарлота

Усудио сам се и ја да даунлоадујем албум, и сад идем да се штекнем у струју и да слушам ("у струју", значи сјебани mp3 плејер, морам да га слушам прикаченог на USB).

Odlican album, kao sto sam i pretpostavljao. O SE oduvek imam najbolje misljenje i tu se necu ponavljati. Stoji da je malo zbuk umeksan na nosacu zvuka u odnosu na live nastup, sto je naravno logicno, ali niej se nista izgubilo na koncepciji. Zamerka mi je da je nedovoljno iskoriscen potencijal 2 gitare iako ima odlicnih solaza i par lepih terci, mislim da je bilo prostora da se jos malo razdvoji zvuk 2 gitare. Bass je po meni odlicno uklopljen, Karlo je mag na svom instrumentu :) Bole na visini zadatka, bubnjevi su mozda mogli biti malo pojacani, ali sve u svemu, nema vecih zamerki :)

Pohvale za raznovrsne pesme, promene ritmova i odlicnu atmosferu. Moj favorit je za sad Operaphobia .... ima najvise elemenata koje ja volim da cujem.

Sudeci po Kerrazy-ju za Space Eater ce cuti thrasheri shirom sveta, a nasi thrasheri ce pazariti potpisane primerke na nekoj od nardnih svirki :pivopije:

Respect za trud koji se isplatio. SUPPORT !!!! :pivopije:

Vidimo se na svirci nadam se .. ispao sam iz tokova zbog posla :(

Mis'im sta reci, kad ovakve (i onakve sa kerrazy-ja) reci hvale dodju od nekrunisanog kralja beogradskog thrash-a moze nam samo biti mnogo milo em drago, hvala Soli!

Ne brini za tokove, i mi smo malo ispali, Bosko nam je u vojsci od septembra pa cekamo da se malo stabilizuju njegove obaveze tamo pa da moze cesce na vikend da izlazi da se konacno organizujemo da malo sviramo, nismo od 10. avgusta... ali bice.

Jos jednom, hvala svima!

Suicidal life - Join The Army :twisted:

Ai ... jel redovna ili pederska vojska? Ako je redovna palo je shishanje :rockdevil: Da vidimo Boleta oshishanog lava kako slamuje bez kose :) Ja znam kako mu je :) ...

E da .. i da mu vojnicki dani brzo prodju .... mmislim da ce posle ove vojske pesme malo vise vuci na narodnjake :D

Suicidal life - Join The Army :twisted:

Ai ... jel redovna ili pederska vojska? Ako je redovna palo je shishanje :rockdevil: Da vidimo Boleta oshishanog lava kako slamuje bez kose :) Ja znam kako mu je :) ...

E da .. i da mu vojnicki dani brzo prodju .... mmislim da ce posle ove vojske pesme malo vise vuci na narodnjake :D

Ma u regularnoj, jebo ga bas! Osisan...

Преслушао сам оно што сам скинуо с нета, додуше само једном, али за неки први утисак је довољно. Музика је феноменална, стварно ми се свака песма свиђа с те стране, али ми се вокал никако не допада. Чини ми се да је то превише танко за овакву свирку и да било много прикладније неком power бенду.

Guest ZzombieE

Го преслушав албумот и ептен многу ми се свиѓа и планирам кога ќе доаѓам у Београд (на некој концерт и сл.) да си го купам. :)

Само ме интересира позадината на текстот за "Bombs Away", конкретно овие стихови...

This particular nation you can't slay

We shall stay here with our pride

This holy land's your final stop

Света земја? Српски национализам?! Или? Нешто што најмногу ми смета во металот (или треш сеедно) е национализам по било која основа! That's not metal!

П.С.

Јас го поставив албумот на Kerrazy, како и што може да се примети од никот/аватарот. :)

П.П.С.

Извинете што пишувам на македонски. ;)

Keep thrashin'! :rockdevil: