Pain Of Salvation

Ending Themes: On the Two Deaths of Pain of Salvation

From Pain of Salvation

Today at 7:11am

So, you thought you found the content listing of the new DVD online? Well, just forget it; this is the official one, straight from the mouths of Pain of Salvation!

So, we’re looking at a nice 2DVD/2CD box with two entire seasons of the legendary series ENDING THEMES and the second season in a nice politically incorrect “For the Seeing Impaired” version, including audio only. For a more thorough content description, read on…

————————————————–

ENDING THEMES

On the Two Deaths of Pain of Salvation

————————————————–

DVD1: SEASON ONE

ENDING THEMES is the groundbreaking TV series that shocked a whole world (still uncertain which world) when it was first broadcasted. Thought to have been lost forever during the great war (wee bit uncertain as to which one), copies of the original tapes were found hidden under the floor boards of the Berlin Museum of Rather Contemporary Good Films after the wall came down (most likely the Iron Curtain, or possibly a Chinese one). Now, digitally restored into a massive Director’s Cut never before seen on TV or anywhere else, this monumental work of cinematic art is finally available on DVD! Back to shock the world once again, this first season tells us the haunting story of five nearly young boys (wonderfully portrayed by five unknown Swedish actors), preparing themselves for an amazing journey into the unknown on which they will meet deceit, happiness, lies, Belgium, truths, love, and ultimately themselves, in a desperate pursuit of a mutual dream called Music. And as this fragile dream clashes with harsh reality, we watch them grow into five nearly young men. But what happens to a dream, when the dreamers change? Or part…? Alas, the depths of curiosity, as we stumble aching into this classic bildungsroman that is THE FIRST DEATH OF PAIN OF SALVATION.

sixworlds / eightdays

(90 min documentary by Per Hillblom)

• EPISODE 1 / the pilot: foreword

• EPISODE 2 / one: final rehearsal

• EPISODE 3 / two: leaving entropia

• EPISODE 4 / three: should we say ”hi” first?

• EPISODE 5 / four: put a lock on your mouth

• EPISODE 6 / five: suspicious minds

• EPISODE 7 / six: stay humble

• EPISODE 8 / seven: busy with metal

• EPISODE 9 / eight: onehundredandsixteendecibel

• EPISODE 10 / epilogue: the first death of

extras

• Commentary Track (time-warp commentary by Per and Daniel)

• Somewhere in Europe (tour slideshow with commentaries)

• The Non-Making of (bloopers)

• Dea Pecuniae 3D (three versions of Dea Pecunia video/audio)

• Sticky Fingers (Lars Ardarve gig slideshow)

• Easter Egg / Hidden Menu

• Sneak Preview

————————————————–

DVD2: SEASON TWO

In this second season of ENDING THEMES we follow Daniel (wonderfully brought to life by Daniel Gildenlow, who also played other Daniels in Meet the Flower Kings, Transatlantic and “BE”), who meets with his jolly friends to perform music in Amsterdam (filmed on actual location in Amsterdam), but they all have emotional scars to deal with, after the somewhat sore break-up with former bass player and family member, and jolly friend, Kristoffer (here played by Simon Andersson, nominated somewhere for Best Newcomer), as hinted at in season one. Meanwhile, their jolly friend Léo Margarit (beautifully portrayed by Johan Langell, who won a Granny for Best Male Actor With Sticks for his part in “BE”) is fighting his own demons, haunted by enticing visions of a mythical nirvana called Svenssonliv. This really gets to his jolly friend Johan (Hallgren, who is actually played by himself!). And how many Johans can there be in a band, or a series? And what might happen if he knew that his jolly friend Fredrik (Hermansson, who also played one of the unknown Swedish actors in season one) is secretly christened Johan too? The plot is thickening in this second season of the groundbreaking series Ending Themes, as we slowly approach THE SECOND DEATH OF PAIN OF SALVATION.

touching you harder

(live in Amsterdam)

• EPISODE 1: Scarsick

• EPISODE 2: America

• EPISODE 3: Nightmist

• EPISODE 4: ! (Foreword)

• EPISODE 5: Handful of Nothing

• EPISODE 6: New Year’s Eve

• EPISODE 7: Ashes

• EPISODE 8: Undertow

• EPISODE 9: This Heart of Mine / Song for the Innocent

• EPISODE 10: Chain Sling

• EPISODE 11: Diffidentia

• EPISODE 12: Flame to the Moth

• EPISODE 13: Disco Queen

• EPISODE 14: Hallelujah

• EPISODE 15: Cribcaged

• EPISODE 16: Used

extras

Including off-key vocal harmonies and other fun stuff!

————————————————–

Season Two

THE SECOND DEATH OF PAIN OF SALVATION

[for the seeing impaired]

CD1: touching you harder

01: Scarsick

02: America

03: Nightmist

04: ! (Foreword)

05: Handful of Nothing

06: New Year’s Eve

07: Ashes

08: Undertow

CD2: touching you even harder

01: This Heart of Mine / Song for the Innocent

02: Chain Sling

03: Diffidentia

04: Flame To The Moth

05: Disco Queen

06: Hallelujah

07: Cribcaged

08: Used

————————————————–

ADDENDUM

Impressive 52-page full color book with texts, lyrics, photos and lots of other nice stuff…

/Pain of Salvation

Nije los ovaj fazon sa epizodama :D

Chudi me da bash nigde nemogu danadjem gde moze da se pazari taj DVD, ima li neko link za neku virtualnu prodavnicu or something?

Tako jest da preformulishem pitanje, svugde nalazim ovaj 2DVD digipack edicije, nigde ni rechi o tom 2DVD/2 CD box.

Edited by Lunar

Chudi me da bash nigde nemogu danadjem gde moze da se pazari taj DVD, ima li neko link za neku virtualnu prodavnicu or something?

Tako jest da preformulishem pitanje, svugde nalazim ovaj 2DVD digipack edicije, nigde ni rechi o tom 2DVD/2 CD box.

Da sachekash izdavanje istog?

... mozhda...

• 1 month later...
Aj ste rekli neki DimBurgeri, ali DF... mada ako nishta likovi su kul kolko sam cuo. Jebesh ti blek metal, ako im pevach nije gay, nisu trve :mrgreen: ucite od Gorgorotha. kako serem. Ali najbolja scena sa POSa su mi zbunjene face 'iskrenih' metalaca na 'Disco Queen' :mrgreen: prajsles. da ne bude oftopic, mogli bi da opale opet neku turneju, Daniel ionako mnogo voli Budimpestu, pa taman i ovde da svrate...

ma ne moraju ovde da svrate... lep je poduhvat oticji u Budapest i gledati ih na brodu... savrsenstvo... samo kad se setim...

taj hotel, Deak Ter... ahahah...

a za Disco Queen, da vish kako svi djuskaju kad Todor ili Miss.Boen puste to u vrtoglavici...

inache za sve ljude koji vole POS, PT, i bendove slicnog zvuka... SVRATITE PETKOM U VRTOGLAVICU TJ VERTIGO (bivshi Dolar)...

Todor i Boen pustaju super muziku... posto na drugim mestima koja su veca, a slicna se slusha Judas Priest vec 10 godina, Metallica and shit...

znate liste napamet! :)

tako da eto, Vertigo je ok bar sto se mjuze tiche... a u prostoru se nalaze i dve shipke pa navalite da igrate uz iste... ahahahhhah...

kafa i cigara, pich.. i gitara!

METAL! \m/

Mislim da je official release DVD-a negde krajem Februara?

PoS je odlican bend i drago mi je da je "Scarsick" ispao dosta bolji od predhodnoh albuma, koji je nakon fenomenalnog "Remedy Lane" bio dosta losiji... Ali uzivo - oh my god, hvala qurcu pa sam bracu gledao dok su bili zajedno!

Neznam da li je nesto posebno, ali postoji bootleg snimak "Pos Unlugged" koji je radjen od strane italijanskog fan cluba, skinuo sa Emule - slika odlicna, zvuk vise od OK, meterijal kao na unplugged albumu...

Video sam da na YouTubu imaju nekoliko pesama sa tog koncerta, medjutim DVD ima i dosta backstage materijala...

Pain of Salvation lifting their embargo on USA

Vocalist Daniel Gildenlöw of Pain Of Salvation has posted the following blog after Barack Obama's inauguration:

"We congratulate the people of USA on the Inauguration of their new President. We have waited for this day a long time, as have most of the world. Obama continually strikes us as the bravest and most promising US president that modern times have seen, and we nod our heads in agreement and respect for some of the things he expressed in his speech. Thus, with Barack Obama, in that very speech, offering an open hand to those willing to unclench their fists, Pain of Salvation will be first in line to offer our unclenching.

Therefore, let it be known that on the 20th of January 2009, after almost five years, Pain of Salvation are officially lifting their political embargo on USA. Our position on border control finger print scanning remains unchanged, and we will keep fighting against it and do what we can to oppose and fight it; but today we see an American nation of hope and want of change, and good should be met with good. Hence, we reach out to accept your hand. Not unconditionally, because real love is demanding: something to work on every day. But with our deepest and most sincere hope for a new start."

Pain of Salvation lifting their embargo on USA

Therefore, let it be known that on the 20th of January 2009, after almost five years, Pain of Salvation are officially lifting their political embargo on USA. Our position on border control finger print scanning remains unchanged, and we will keep fighting against it and do what we can to oppose and fight it; but today we see an American nation of hope and want of change, and good should be met with good. Hence, we reach out to accept your hand. Not unconditionally, because real love is demanding: something to work on every day. But with our deepest and most sincere hope for a new start."

Joj bre Daniele... :rolleyes: