Asphyx

Grobodan

Neizvjesno je oko Asphyxa. Poznato je da ne idu na turneje, Baayens je ucitelj u skoli tako da ima slobodno vrijeme samo za praznike, vikende,raspust itd. Svi koncerti u zadnje vrijeme su bili rasprodani, onaj aniverzeri sa Desasterom je u roku dva dana otisao. Ovdje realno vise od 250 ljudi ne bi doslo, tako da se ne isplati raditi nista.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Шејтанов Чобан

Ови људи су објаснили новим албумом,једно време нисам могао да заспим док не преслушам

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

On July 9, reformed Dutch death metal outfit ASPHYX will release the "Abomination Echoes" deluxe seven-inch box set exclusively through CMDistro.com.

Featuring artwork from Ketola (WATAIN, KAAMOS), the set contains six seven-inch EPs, including:

* "Enter The Domain" demo

* "Crush The Cenotaph" demo

* Rehearsals

* "Mutilating Process"

* Promo '91

* Live in Holland '89

Also included is a 20-page booklet with lyrics, introduction by Metalion (Slayer magazine), liner notes by the band, old flyer designs and more. The set also includes a previously unreleased track, "Priest Of Mendes".

Click here to pre-order the box set.

ASPHYX recently entered Sonic Assault studio to record two new songs. One of the cuts, "We Doom You To Death", will appear on the upcoming split seven-inch single with Finnish doom/deathsters HOODED MENACE. ASPHYX says, "The title says it all...it's brutally doomy and heavy." The second track is a cover of the song "Bestial Vomit" from the 1988 demo by the mighty MAJESTY from the U.S. ASPHYX comments: "Since MAJESTY is a big influence of ASPHYX, we thought it was a good idea to honour that excellent demo this way."

ASPHYX recently parted ways with bassist Wannes Gubbels and replaced him with Alwin Zuur (PULVERIZER, ESCUTCHEON).

ASPHYX's new lineup made its live debut at this year's edition of the Hammer Of Doom festival on February 6 at Posthalle in Würzburg, Germany.

ASPHYX 2010 is:

Martin van Drunen (vocals)

Alwin Zuur (bass)

Paul Baayens (guitar)

Bob Bagchus (drums)

• 3 weeks later...

"Live Death Doom", the new DVD and double CD from the reformed Dutch death metal outfit ASPHYX, will be released through Century Media Records on the following dates:

Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Friday, August 27

Spain, Italy : Tuesday, August 31

Sweden, Finland, Hungary: Wednesday, September 1

Rest Of Europe: Monday, August 30

With a total playing time of approximayely 225 minutes, "Live Death Doom" will contain ASPHYX's two-hour-plus July 4, 2009 performance in Essen, Germany as well as a one-hour-plus documentary about the history of ASPHYX and "tons of krushing additional bonus material. The main live show's audio (which is the same as the CD content) was mixed and mastered by producer Dan Swanö (BLOODBATH, EDGE OF SANITY), who had previously worked with ASPHYX on the band's 2009 comeback album, "Death...The Brutal Way". The glorious "Live Death Doom" old-school artwork was created by Axel Hermann, who was also responsible for the artwork on the group's classic 1990s releases. The DVD was coordinated and edited by Oliver "Bomber" Barth.

A trailer for the DVD can be viewed below.

Commented the band: "So, finally, after over 23 years, here's the first ASPHYX live album. And our dedicated fans worldwide who've experienced us live know what that means: Heavy old-school death doom metal played the way it was meant to be…and still should be today! Headbanging, grinning, drooling, spitting, sweating, passion, loud volume, stagediving, beer, honesty and brutality. No makeup or fancy queercostumes, no superfluous attributes, no technical rubbish, no compromises. This is how we are, this is how we want you to have us!

"We are very proud of this release. Very damn fuckin' proud, as this is exactly us! We would never have brought it out if we weren't 100% behind it…but it would never have been possible without our incredible loyal fans, of which we are even more proud!

"We'll see you all somewhere, sometime again at one of our shows on this planet and then raise our beers and horns together."

asphyxdvd.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlUu63w5PRY&feature=player_embedded

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I da, cast mi je predstaviti i link ostaviti:

Martin Van jebeni Drunen interview Metal Sound

As an old fan, I really need to ask you about your opinion on Pestilence reunion album „Resurrection macabre“ and new line up. Have you spoken with Mamelli recently? I know that this may be touchy subject for you.

Well... it’s not much for me to say about that. Someone played me the songs that were re-recorded old songs beacuse I was just at the party with someone and he puts it on, I go „what’s this?“ and he goes „oh, that’s your ex-band“ and I went „well, why the Hell they recorded „Out of the body“ and „Chemotherapy“ again? That’s bullshit.“ I mean, they are classic, you should just keep them the way they are. So I think it’s just the stupid thing from the band to cover themselves, I would never do such thing. I mean, the song „The rack“ – it’s there like it is. What would be if Black Sabbath do „War pigs“ or something again? You can never get that feeling like you had in those days. When I played with Pestilence on the festival, they tried to avoid me, meeting me... you know, like if they’re scared or something, I don’t know. I’ve heard from other people that their live performance is not really long so... People said also that when we played with them on With Full Force festival we completely blew them off the stage! Asphyx is like a machine, headbanging and everybody’s going berzerk and I’ve heard that Pestilence is pretty much static on stage, there’s not much going on so... From what I’ve heard from other people, I don’t think their union is quite a success.

:rockdevil:

• 1 month later...

Reformed Dutch death metal outfit ASPHYX recently entered Sonic Assault studio to record two new songs — a cover version of the MAJESTY classic "Bestial Vomit" and the new song "We Doom You To Death". The MAJESTY cover will appear on the upcoming split seven-inch with Dutch death/thrash band THANATOS and will feature lyrics in Dutch dialect while "We Doom You To Death" will be included on a split seven-inch single with Finnish doom/deathsters HOODED MENACE.

• 5 weeks later...

Dutch death metallers ASPHYX will enter Sonic Assault studio in January with engineer Frank Klein Douwel to begin recording the first four songs for their forthcoming album, "Deathhammer". Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Reign Of The Brute", "Vespa Cabro", "We Doom You To Death", "Asphyx-Minefield" and "Deathhammer". Axel Hermann will create the cover artwork while Dan Swanö (BLOODBATH, EDGE OF SANITY) will take care of the mixing duties.