Porcupine Tree

Vitamin K Experience

Hvala puno, baš me te stvari oko opreme i procedure snimanja interesuju. :pivopije:

Nego:

Hi folks - so the free gift with the Insurgentes double DVD pre-order is almost certainly going to be a CD of archive SW material, pre-PT, pre-No-Man, pre-everything. When I was a teenager I was experimenting with all sorts of things, including songwriting, electronic music, psychedelic and progressive music..etc.. and made hours an...d hours of primitive recordings. Some of this fed in to the early PT cassette releases, but I've never actually tried to compile a whole disc of music from this era. Normally I wouldn't let any of this music out of the archive, since it's pretty primitive and amateurish in many ways, but since the film talks about how I started to make music, and has a few clips of my early efforts, it seemed logical to extend this idea through to this bonus disc. Please don't expect anything of mind blowing musical quality of importance! Just a bit of historical context. I need to compile this when I get back from the current PT US tour, so I don't know exactly how much music will be on there yet, but I hope at least 30-40 minutes or so. The original 2,000 copies of the disc that were going to have this free gift with them sold out very quickly, but now that we know that this archive CD will be the item in question I decided with Burning Shed to extend the offer for the bonus CD at least until the end of August. So please if you want this disc don't wait until it's too late and then get pissed at me that you have to pay silly money for it on eBay! On that subject please note that there are currently 40 copies left of the Cover Version box set, and about 15 copies of the IEM box set left - neither of which will be repressed. Sorry, I know it's been an expensive year for SW related special editions, box sets...etc...but if it's any consolation from October I don't think there will be any releases for at least 6 months or so - after that 2011 should be all about new music.

Edited by Andrija Smith

• 2 weeks later...

Due to some people being disappointed that I changed my mind about including archive experimental material on the free CD to be included with pre-orders of the Insurgentes DVD (in favour of a much more recent piece of music), I have instead uploaded an album's worth of this material to be downloaded for free from the link here. "Tape Experiments 1985-86" does what it says on the box. These are full resolution WAV files, and so of course reveal all the flaws of the original grimy cassettes they were taken from. Enjoy or endure!

Evo da ti skrenem malo misli:

PORCUPINE TREE's Steven Wilson and Mikael Åkerfeldt from OPETH have set "Storm Corrosion" have set as the working album title of their much-anticipated collaboration project.

In a brand new interview with U.K.'s Classic Rock, Åkerfeldt revealed that the writing process for the CD is now well under way.

"I got together recently with Steven at his house, and we wrote a new tune straight away," says Åkerfeldt. "Of course, with the two of us involved, it was 10 minutes long. And it came out so well that we started working on a second one as well."

Although DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy was initially supposed to be part of the project, it now appears that he will no longer be involved.

"To be honest, there's just no room for drums on what we've done so far. I called Mike up, and he was cool about it. He's got so much going on anyway, and I'm sure we will work together in the future."

Guest Administrator

Za DVD : Jedina negativna stvar koju bi naveo je pozorisna publika. Kada krene pesma ljudi cute kao da su je 1. put culi , mrtva publika , nikakvi aplauzi ,nista , zalosno.

Sa FB-a:

Steven Wilson - Official page

A little more about the collaboration album between myself and Mikael - so far we have

25 minutes of music, it seems to us like nothing either us have done before. Mikael is taking care of all guitars

(since he's at least 100 times better than me), and I'm playing

keyboards, percussion and doing orchestrations, both of us singing.

It's pretty dark stuff, in a way heavy music with no

heavy metal elements. (-;

On a related note, the track I wrote for the originally planned Akerfeldt/Wilson collaboration all those years ago when it was going to be more metal

orientated, "Cut Ribbon", is scheduled to finally appear on the next SW

solo album (shaping up to be a very diverse double CD). Steve Hackett just played some fantastic guitar on a track for that one too.