Paradise Lost

Jbg, ode Jeffo!

Steta, bio je stvarno sjajan bubnjar... A i cool lik...

Statement from Jeff - 13th Aug 2008

Dear everyone,

I guess no one would have seen this coming but as of the end of August I will no longer be drumming for Paradise Lost. I have decided to hang up my sticks altogether. It is an incredibly hard decision to have had to make as drumming has been my life for as long as I can remember and through good and bad has been my living for nearly 20 years. It is going to be very difficult I am sure and after four and a half years I will miss Nick, Aaron, Steve, Greg (and Milly) very much but in my heart I know that it is the correct thing for me to do.

So why am I leaving, well, to be honest it is a difficult thing to explain in a few paragraphs, but here goes.

I am sure you are aware that the record industry is struggling and I for one have become increasingly disillusioned with the music business as a whole. I feel incredibly lucky to have travelled so much in my career. I have so many fantastic memories and have had a ton of priceless experiences. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime and I wouldn't change anything. However to have survived in this business for so long has meant great sacrifice and I have had to move the goalposts over the years to help make things happen and try and survive through some pretty hard times. More and more is being taken away and it is getting harder and harder to make excuses for why I do this.

We toured so hard this past year, we were basically away for five out of six months and are still out as we speak. In past years I wouldn't be bothered but as a 37 year old man with a family now for me it has just been too tough. My sons are 1 and 3 and being away from them has just been too painful. I asked myself if I could see myself leaving them again for a three month stretch and the answer was no; I couldn't. I realised there was no point in having a family if I wasn't there and that is how it has to be. Sad as it is, losing my brother two years ago showed me that there is no point in having regrets or feeling that you should have said more or done more. Carpe Diem and all that.

Coincidentally whilst I was thinking about my future I confided in my best friend who ended up offering me a job which will provide me with a good career and future which for a 37 year old man with nothing but drumming behind him was an offer too good to pass up.

I appreciate the timing of my departure is terrible but September 1st was the start date for the job and I must go through with that.

I feel with In Requiem I have gone out on a high. It has been a fantastic two years recording and touring for the album and to tour America with Nightwish the way we did fulfilled a life long dream for me. Not a day goes by now without me thinking about that tour and it will always be with me until the day I die.

I thank everyone involved with Paradise Lost and I wish you heartfelt good luck for the future. I also thank all the great musicians I have played and toured with since 1986 and especially all the fans who have made it all worthwhile. I am sure everyone will understand and respect my decision.

Thank you

Jeffo

Samo sto sam gledao ovaj novi DVD Paradise Lost-a i prvi utisak je stvarno odlican. Super atmosfera, svirka je bila na nekom mestu veoma slicnom nasem KST-u osim sto je prostor malo siri, setlista je fenomenalna, svirali su Gothic, nisam mogao da verujem. Obavezno pogledajte DVD. Evo setliste i slicnih gluposti....E da, DVD je odlicno uradjen, artwork izgleda veoma dobro.

Paradise Lost - The Anatomy Of Melancholy

Release date: 23 May 2008

01. Intro

02. The Enemy

03. Grey

04. Erased

05. Red Shift

06. So Much Is Lost

07. Sweetness

08. Praise Lamented Shade

09. Pity The Sadness

10. Forever Failure

11. Once Solemn

12. As I Die

13. Embers Fire

14. Mouth

15. No Celebration

16. Eternal

17. True Belief

18. One Second

19. The Last Time

20. Gothic

21. Say Just Words

+ Interview With Paradise Lost

+ Fans At The Koko

+ Lost In Europe (2007 Tour Report)

+ The Enemy

+ Praise Lamented Shade

+ Over The Madness - Documentary Trailer

- The live show was filmed and directed by Paul M Green and his Dash Productions team

- Jens Bogren mixed the captured live sound at Fascination Street Studios in Sweden

- Yhe cover artwork was done again by Greek artist Seth.

DVD je stvarno odlican, a posebno mi se svidja sto nije previse budzen i "prereziran", dosta su dugi kadrovi, koncert se gleda bas lagano ko koncert a ne kao spot... Za razliku od Harrisovih rezija sa 200 kadrova u minutu, glava da te zaboli...

Zanimljiv je i dio sa publikom posle koncerta...

Intervju s bendom nije nista specijalno, par zajebancija, odgovori u njihovom klasicnom (polu-smorenom/polu-komicnom) stilu... Ali i to je bilo zanimljivo vidjeti (mada nije materijal koji se gleda vise od 1-2 puta)... Takodje, tu su i spotovi za The Enemy i Praise Lamented Shade i trailer za film "Over the Madness"...

Zvuce extra, utegnuto, cak i Nick je vise nego solidan (za njegove standarde), a meni je (iznenadjujuce) najbolji u onim pjesamama gdje je "pustio" grublje vokale... Greg ko i obicno jede malu djecu... Set-lista vrhunska (mozda je falilo neko BAS iznenadjenje, ali i Gothic je vise nego dovoljan), sa izuzetkom toga sto fale Enchantment i Hallowed Land, al jbg... Na kraju jos ima i Isolate kao hidden, nije navedena na spisku pjesama... Ukupno 21 pjesma + intro,malo li je?

Atmosfera ponajbolja na ocekivanim stvarima, a po samom zvuku i izvodjenju meni su highlights:

Red Shift (iako mi uopste ne spada u omiljene pjesme)

So Much Is Lost

Sweetness (mozda i najbolje zvuci na cijelom DVD)

Praise Lamented Shade

Forever Failure, i naravno

Gothic

E da, i artwork je fenomenalan (ja imam onu ltd.edition 2DVD/2 CD u paketu)! Seth je opet uradio odlican posao...

Sve u svemu - vrijedi svake pare i preporucujem ga svima, a posebno onima koji su "digli ruke" od Paradise Lost u posljednjih nekoliko godina...

Edited by Descender

Ne znam, ali imajuci u vidu to koliko ovdje kasne pojedina izdanja, cisto sumnjam....

Ovo ltd. izdanje je bas luksuzno i izgleda perfektno, a uopste nije bilo skupo, platio sam ga svega 26 EUR, ali u Svedskoj...

Standardno DVD izdanje u toj prodavnici je kostalo svega 19 EUR.

• 4 weeks later...

Jel bi bio neko od promotera zainteresovan da dovede Paradise Lost kada krenu ponovo na turneju?

Bend trenutno pise nove pesme, i najavljuju jos tvrdji i zesci album od In Requiem-a. Posto znam da ljudi ovde uglavnom vole njihove metal albume ( ja licno podjednako obozavam svaki njihov album, od prvog do zadnjeg), eto prilike da ih neko dovede.

Jel bi bio neko od promotera zainteresovan da dovede Paradise Lost kada krenu ponovo na turneju?

Bend trenutno pise nove pesme, i najavljuju jos tvrdji i zesci album od In Requiem-a. Posto znam da ljudi ovde uglavnom vole njihove metal albume ( ja licno podjednako obozavam svaki njihov album, od prvog do zadnjeg), eto prilike da ih neko dovede.

Frubi, interveniši! :)

Bilo bi super da ih ponovo dovedu! Velika sala SKC-a! :muzicar:

Nego, da li neko ima audio/video snimak sa koncerta Paradise Lost-a iz Beograda?

To bih i ja voleo imati, tim pre što me nažalost nije bilo na koncertu ...

Dakle ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Gothic metal icons PARADISE LOST are currently preparing the recordings for their highly anticipated follow-up to 2007's extremely successful "In Requiem". Vocalist Nick Holmes comments as follows:

"The album as yet untitled will feature around 10 tracks, among the titles are "First Light", "As Horizons End", "Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us", "Frailty" & "My Last Regret" - these are subject to change without notice!

We are very happy with Rhys Fulbers work on the last album ["In Requiem"], but after working on 3 albums together we decided it was time to go for a different approach. After hearing the work he did with our "Anatomy Of Melancholy" Live DVD we decided that Jens Bogren was the man for the job. In February we will venture to Sweden to begin recording the album in Fascination Street Studios, Örebro, Sweden.

There is no full time replacement for Jeff as yet, but as far as the album is concerned, the drum stool will be occupied by another Swede - Peter Damin. Sweden hails some of the best metal musicians in the world and Peter is no exception, we really look forward to working with him and his input on the album.

Our approach this time has leaned even more towards the heavier side of things, even more so than the last. It is vital not to lose touch with our musical trip over the last 20 years. Our music may have had different facelifts, but it has always been "dark" and the new album will be no exception. Musically and lyrically.

Writing a new album is always exciting, we never get bored of writing music, and for me, it is the best part of being in a band. Each album is like a challenge to better ourselves, or at the very least, do something that's different to everyone else. We strive to make the ultimate modern Gothic Metal album, and for me that has nothing to do with the common trend of "romance" & "roses". It should be music to be murdered by."

• 1 month later...

Greg o predstojecem albumu u Terrorizeru:

"We're deliberately trying to make this release uncommercial... I do not think anybody else is doing music like this at the moment ..".

Inace, snimanje pocinje ovih dana, a trebalo bi da izadje u septembru. Ko ce docekati...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...