Converge

darthmoog

Fenomenalan novi, svaka im chast jel sam bio prilichno skeptichan posle No Heroes (i to je okej album ali sam mislio da ce da se ponove). Inache one dve poslednje stvari me nekako podsecaju na The Ocean kada su spori sa Precambriana.

riff iz dark horse-a je pobedio na ovom albumu sigurno...zaraza nevidjena.

odlicne su i ove dve poslednje,pogotovo cruel bloom,koja me je bas me prijatno iznenadila.

kul su jos dead beat,cutter,axe to fall,slave driver...skoro da nema lose pesme ;)

sve u svemu,jedan od boljih albuma ove godine...mozda ga metnem u top 5 ove godine.

"Speaking of your vocals, is that you singing on the last song “Wretched World?”

I did sing on “Wretched World,” but the lead vocal is a friend, Mookie Singerman from Genghis Tron. All of Genghis Tron perform on that song with us, and Brad [Fickeisen] from The Red Chord and J.R. [Connors] from Doomriders and Cave In also play on that. That song, there is actually three drummers at the end, as well as Hamilton [Jordan]’s guitar work from Genghis Tron. It’s a pretty significant song. There is a whole lot of stuff going on. You can hear me in and out of there, but Mookie does a lot of multi-tracking with his voice so there his voice is in there with my own. I think he does three or four tracks just to build to the sound he was going for with that. It sort of has a bizarre Pink Floyd vibe to it by the time we get to the end of it. I think any more instrumentation could have been some clutter. I think there is a perfect balance in there as it is. I’m in there doing the intro prose that is at the beginning for the first two minutes, and then I’m in the end of the song. So he does the loop."

Nisam ni znao da toliko guest muzichara ima na toj pesmi. :D

• 1 month later...

CONVERGE, HYPNOS and MY DYING BRIDE have been confirmed for the 15-year-anniversary edition of the Brutal Assault festival, set to take place August 12-14, 2010 in Josefov, Czech Republic.

I plus Devi, Diablo Swing Orchestra i Kanibali = I'm so there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Some bands issue updates — Converge issue extensive, quarterly reports. Today’s most recent update includes tour dates the band will soon be playing with Trap Them and Burning Love. After the jump, you can peep them all.

The band will be releasing a split 7-inch EP “with our friends in the legendary Drop Dead. The split 7-inch EP will be self-released by both bands, and distributed to retailers/distros by Deathwish Direct and Armageddon. If all goes well, look for the release to be available at the U.S. shows” that follow at the end of this post.

They also spent much of the winter on their next album. “The album will be released by Epitaph/Deathwish sometime down the road (that means no date is ready to announce yet),” the band says, but demos have been recording and the writing sessions bore lots of fruit.

There will also be a new Converge DVD sometime soon. It is now being edited. “If the Hard Drive Gods smile on us, we hope to get through this process soon and have it released this year. Also Deathwish will be repressing our Unloved And Weeded Out collection as a 12-inch LP soon. The vinyl versions of Axe To Fall, No Heroes, You Fail Me, and Jane Doe are available now on Deathwish.”

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...