Sigh

Lunar

Dr. Mikannibal (saxophone, vocals) of Japan's SIGH has revealed via her Facebook page that she has been forced to terminate her pregnancy at three months after the heart of her unborn child with bandmate Mirai Kawashima (vocals, keyboards) stopped beating. "I'm having a curettage surgery today," she wrote.

jbg

• 5 months later...

Now we're working on our tenth full-length album, which we hope to start recording sometime in the middle of 2014. So far 10 tracks are almost done. We have to keep arranging them until we're 100% satisfied with the result though. This will be a bit more straight than "In Somniphobia", but still it's eerie and scary with lots of horror soundtrack touch. The title will be "Graveward".

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

OK, finally the long journey to finish up Sigh's new album "Graveward" is done. Here are the artwork and the information. Release date will be announced soon!!! Please spread the word!!!

2 and a half years were required to finish up Sigh's 10th studio full-length album "Graveward", which embraces everything from vintage keyboards such as Minimoog and Fender Rhodes to real orchestral instruments.

Each song ended up in having more than 100 tracks and the total amount of the sound data exceeded 100GB.

"Cinematic Horror Metal" should be the best phrase to describe this most layered grandiose album in Sigh's history.

Inspired by a little chat with Fabio Frizzi, well-known for his legendary works for Lucio Fulci's movies like "The Gates of Hell" and "The Beyond", "Graveward" was composed as a homage to Italian zombie flick classics, Hammer Horror Films, and King Diamond.

Of course the musical influence is as wide as ever including aforementioned horror soundtrack composers (Fabio Frizzi, Goblin, James Bernard, Jerry Gold Smith, and John Carpenter), and their roots (Schoenberg, Webern, Stravinsky, Bartok, and Charles Ives), left-of-center rock / metal artists (Celtic Frost, King Diamond, The Beach Boys, Magma and Frank Zappa), Free Jazz (Sun Ra, Albert Ayler, and Peter Brotzmann) and some Central Asian traditional music.

"Graveward" welcomes various guest musicians including Matthew Heafy from Trivium, Fred Leclercq from DragonForce, Niklas Kvarforth from Shining (Sweden) Sakis Tolis from Rotting Christ, Metatron from The Meads of Asphodel and so on. The cover artwork was done by Costin Chioreanu, who worked with Ihsahn, At the Gates, Deicide and Ulver.

11025934_10153203608019276_1624073283226349908_n.jpg?oh=45156ede330959794f5981bd6afbcd2f&oe=558F1016

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

U najavi slabiji od In Somniphobie, ali i Mirai je sam pre 3 godine izjavio da ni sam ne zna hoce li snimati albume vise jer je sve ideje istrosio na proslom, u tom nekom fazonu. I ono, kidanje su stvarno ove dve nove (druga fenomenalna) ali, jebiga, mislim da im je prosli vrhunac. U svakom slucaju ne ocekujem neki ultra zesci bum tako da mogu samo pozitivno da se iznenadim.

Upravo slušam novi Sigh... ja ne znam kako ovo ni da probam da opišem :haha: kad čujete ovog iz Dragonforce, mislim da je on na trećoj pesmi, neki power glas, bonus kao da se nagutao helijuma pre snimanja :haha: Stigao sam do treće i morao sam da se javim jer ne znam kako dalje :haha:

Nema šta da se plašiš, ovaj album je nedvosmisleno Sigh. Sad i ja pričam posle prvog slušanja a mislim da posle jednog slušanja ni Mirai ne može da opiše Sigh album ali i meni se čini slabijim od prošlog. Moji omiljeni Sigh albumi su Imaginary Sonicscape i In Somniphobia so go figure, što luđe to bolje, ovaj je mirniji, više HM, možda sam biased ali meni zaliči i na Necrophagiu (konkretno pesma za spot) ali ovo "mirniji" shvati kroz prizmu ljudi koji jedu ovnujske kurčeve i bube dok snimaju :haha: znači ima nekog utišavanja i pojačavanja volumena, helijumskih vokala, drum and bass upadica i sličnih mindfuckova... ma Sigh, kad se isluša malo detaljnije vagaćemo i pozicionirati.