Slipknot

Guest kArLo

evo neki

Donnie Steele

Donnie Steele, ex Slipknot Guitarist

Donnie was the original guitarist for Slipknot. Even before Josh. He recorded on ALL of the songs on the CD. He quit the band for personal reasons ( he found God, and felt there was a conflict ) while Slipknot were still finishing up the mixing. Mick wasn't even on the album,

sliku nemam

Josh

Josh Brainard, commonly known as Gnar to his band mates, was one of the original Slipknot guitarists, alongside Donnie Steele. Josh was asked to join the band after playing with Anders, Joey and Paul for several years. Originally Josh was the topping to the music produced, adding back up vocals, a touch of melody and his work on the guitar was placed over what was already there, being mainly noise and wah pedal stuff. Later on, however, Mick took on the 'noise' role and this caused Josh to take on a more rhythmic guitar role. Josh was present for both MFKR and the self titled album, being in both the recordings. Most people are unaware that Josh recorded all but one of the songs on the self titled album, the song he does not appear on being Purity which contained his replacement Jim Root. The reason Josh left the band is between him and Slipknot, they are still good friends and he didn't leave because of touring and being away from his family, this is simply a rumour. Josh is now part of a new band, that of Undone who can be checked out at the following address: www.undone1.com

user posted image

Cudless

Cuddles, otherwise known as Greg Welts is the ex-Slipknot percussionist. He had a similar role to that of Chris Fehn who replaced him. Cuddles, although looking mundane and stoned (see below) was like Sid, in the respect that he was one crazy mother fucker. During shows he smashed up sets and even threw his drum kit into the crowd. Cuddles became part of the band following the departure of Anders Colsefni and much against the advice of family and friends. Before joining the band Cuddles was the groups tattooist and is responsible for the tribal S tattoo on Anders' leg and several other tattoos. Cuddles also drummed for another band, The Havenots which also included Joey and Paul. Despite not being within the group during the time MFKR was recorded, Cuddles appears on the inside tray. He was the naked guy, and was thanked at the back of the album. Cuddles has been the only guy to ever be sacked from the band, this was due to his lack of dedication to the position he took on and the lack of contribution besides the parts Anders previously delt with, he played his last show during the summer of '98 shortly before the signing to Roadrunner Records. Following his movement away from the band and the firing from Axiom piercing studio, Greg left Des Moines. He currently owns a tattoo shop in South Dakota named "The Ultimate Prick" - there are rumours that this has been shut down now.

user posted image

Anders

nders Colsefni was the original Slipknot vocalist, following friend, Shawn asking him to rejoin the band in '95 following earlier thoughts in '93, using the fact that the band would play a series of genres including rap, jazz, metal and even disco. As a result Anders, a relatively inexperienced vocalist, had to adapt to the new music by changing himself and his style - so he did. The driving force of Anders' voice was the basis of Slipknot and it defined what Slipknot were about, fans were blown away by him. In 1996 Anders performed on the album MFKR where his talent will remain stored. Many fans of Slipknot today criticise Ander's voice, despite a role in the band very similar to that of Max Calvera of Soulfly (previously Sepultura). A year after the release of MFKR, Corey Taylor was brought in to produce a more radio friendly voice to the band, pushing Anders into the position of percussionist. Anders however wanted to put his heavy metal voice to a good cause and as a result left Slipknot to create his own breed of heavy metal band.

user posted image

itd.

BOZE HVALA TI NA NOVOM SLIPKNOTU!!!!!

Ja sam zatecena....

Slusam ga i jos cu ga se naslusati.... za sad me razbija The Nameless... ma sve... i The Virus of life.... ma, album je zapravo tematski, ne treba ga seckati....ne znam.... SVAKA CAST

Dosta off-topikovanja, AMAN! icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

"Blabbermouth.net reports, Olivier Rouhet of Rock Hard France sent us the following report from the 2004 edition of Fury Fest, a three-day event held June 25-27 at the Park Des Expositions in Le Mans, France:

"Headlining the last day of the Fury Fest Festival in Le Mans (France), Slipknot had to endure the hostility of French so-called music 'fans'. Before going on stage, a majority of the audience (hardcore and black/death metal fans) organized themselves in order to sabotage the Slipknot show. It started before the band went onstage with a non-stop 'Slipknot, enculé' (Translation: Slipknot, fuckers).

"When [drummer] Joey Jordison went on stage, the battle started: a large part of the audience started throwing anything [they could find] on stage (the security crew allowed bottles in the venue!). Pretending to defend the integrity of music, those so called 'fans' ruined the show. Slipknot played 48 minutes (they were supposed to play 90) and it must be said that it's a very courageous move as any band would have left the stage after one song.

"The rumors provoking the furor was that Slipknot had a very long soundcheck in the morning (this is true) but nobody can believe that this was a spontaneous move. The people there had planned to ruin the Slipknot show: a real silly move. If you don't agree with Slipknot, the best way is to leave the festival. By provoking violence, the fans have given France a bad name.

"During 'People = Shit' chorus, Corey sang (it depends who you talk to !) 'You are full of shit' or 'people throw me shit'. As Rock Hard France is a sponsor of the Fury Fest, we can only condemn the attitude of all these so called 'fans.' The Slipknot show for the opening of Metallica (23rd June) at Le Parc Des Princes was perfect.

"Some days ago, I had the chance to talk by phone with [singer] Corey [Taylor] about his love for France. I just hope that the attitude of those hooligans in Le Mans won't affect the relationship with true fans of music.

"To sum up everything, let's say that it's everybody's right to dislike Slipknot, but it's a shame to ruin a show, for the band and the fans, and the best way to show his dislike is to boycott. Shame on the Fury Fest audience. For the first time, young French people organized a good festival. The audience ruined it. No surprise if bands don't play in our country anymore (not being Parisians, this kind of stuff would not have happened in Paris). Slipknot is a good band. If you don't like them, don't look at their show, and don't ruin the fans' pleasure."

In related news, Slipknot have replaced David Bowie on the bill of this year's Roskilde Festival in Denmark. "With David Bowie no longer on the programme, we had to think fast," the festival organizers write on their web site. "After hours of hard work, we are finally able to announce a new act for the programme: Slipknot will play Roskilde '04. Slipknot have just been on a very successful tour, including a super gig with Metallica in Copenhagen, and they accepted the job on the spot when we contacted them in the times of trouble. Slipknot's desire to play Roskilde '04 was so strong that they agreed to make last-minute changes to their already tight schedule: Slipknot will be playing the T-Mobile Park in Prague Thursday night, 1 July. Immediately after the concert they will pack up their gear and jump on the bus to travel the 1,600 kilometres to Roskilde. And as if that wasn’t enough, Friday night, immediately after their Roskilde gig, the band will jump on a plane to go to the With Full Force Festival in Leipzig where they will be playing the same night at 1:00."

icon_biggrin.gif

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Novi album je stvarno ooodlican! icon_da.gif Ujedno po mom misljenju ovo im je i najbolji album. Zvuce metalskije, usviranije i upevanije. Izbacili su ne potrebni skrech i repovanja skoro da nema sto je jedan veliki +. Moze se reci da vise nisu Nu metal mada ja ih nikad nisam ni kapirao kao nu.

Posle dosadne IOWE icon_spava.gif ovo je zakon... malo su i smeksali rekao bih (nema vise mnogo buke oko nicega), i poceli su smisljenije da rade pesme. Tri balade... i to kakve!!! Ima svega 1-2 pesme koje mi se ne dopadaju ostalo je za svaku pohvalu! Svidja mi se sto su i promenili produkciju pa im sada gitare zvuce odlicno. Nadam se da ce ovaj album zacepiti usta velikim metalcima koji tvrde da Slipknot ne zna da svira, (recimo) sa onim Yngwie Malmsteen solazama icon_smile.gif koje nisu bog zna kol'ko impresivne ali ih je svakako interesantno chuti. Samo neka nastave u ovom pravcu u kom su krenuli! icon_rockdevil.gif