The Ocean

Grobodan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After 2 weeks of creative isolation at the new Oceanland on the Spanish coast, there are about 25 minutes of new material written and pre-produced which are basically one continuous piece of music. Apart from that, there are 4 more songs including a wicked cover track :-)

Loic will start working on vocal pre-productions soon.

Much like when I wrote Precambrian in Australia, I have written these tracks on my own, far away from everything else and everyone else but with the sea close enough to have a strong impact on my flow of ideas. You can actually hear its subtle roar in the guitar tracks if you crank them up on a quiet passage…

The other guys have not been involved much yet because they are busy with their other bands Coilguns and Kunz who will see their debut split CD released on Pelagic in September.

THE OCEAN will hit the studio some time in early 2012 to record the follow up(s?) to Heliocentric / Anthropocentric. More tours to be announced soon, stay tuned!

Robin

• 1 month later...