Iced Earth

Iced Earth Diskografija  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dakle kad kazem nadrndani heavy nikako ne mislim na power, to ipak vise vuce na thrash, dobro to za goth atmosferu tu sam malo pretarao, hteo sam da kazem da su neki albumi dosta mracni, u dark sagi eto mozda question of heaven vuce na power, ali meni taj album ima vise tresagije... Jebiga metjua ne bi uopste svrstao u standardne power vokale, moguce da ima uticaja...

Pa da, to i pricham sve vreme, manje-vishe... Iced Earth nije power metal, vec heavy sa thrash, goth, power, bla bla elemntima... najvishe se vidi kroz tematiku i vokal (i bubanj, morala sam da prochitam i neshto o samoj muzici icon_razz.gif)... nema da brinesh, gitare nisu 'power' icon_wink.gif

Ma prva tri abuma su cista odlicno napucana thrashijana,i to niko ne moze da porekne,ovo ostalo je malko smeksan zvuk,sto zbog produkcije sto zbog balada na albumima.U svako m slucaju,Schaffer je kao i pokojni Schuldiner uvek imao dobre muzicare u bandu.I to je svakako doprinelo zestini i kvalitetu koji Iced Earth ima.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has posted the follwing message on the band's official web site:

"I know I've been really lame with the updates and I'm sorry about that. We've let things get pretty lax here at IcedEarth.com and we're going to be making some changes in this in the not-too-distant future.

"As some of you are aware, I'm not really the Internet type of guy and only use it for my email, and even that I avoid often (which does annoy my business associates at times; but hey, that's what phones are for!), so I spend as little time as possible on a computer; unless it's my studio computer and I'm spending a LOT of time on that one. Tim [Owens, ICED EARTH singer] enjoys surfing and all of that stuff so he's going to be involved in the IE site a lot more in the future. You'll be seeing some big changes in the site with the release of the next IE CD.

"Which actually brings me to the next bit of news... I'm completely consumed in the writing process of what will be by far the most ambitious album(s) IE has ever done. Some of you probably know that the next two releases will comprise the full concept album of the 'Something Wicked' storyline, Part 1 & Part 2. I know it's taken quite some time to get this beast on its way to fruition, but it IS finally happening, and I really feel the time is right. The goal is to make this our most epic, dynamic, most melodic and heaviest CD ever. Because of the depth and detail of the story it would be impossible to do it on one CD, there simply is not enough time, so I'm writing both parts at one time so that the continuity is there. If I were to wait a year or two to start writing part 2 I would be in a completely different frame of mind and it wouldn't work nearly as well, so the best thing is to do all the writing at once. We'll get Part 1 recorded, mixed and released and then finish part 2 which will come out about 6 months later. That's at least the preliminary plan. We are still pretty early in the process but things are starting to move along nicely.

"I know it's been some time since the release of 'The Glorious Burden' and I ask you to please be patient because what's coming next is going to blow you away. This is the album that IE fans have been waiting for.

"I want to apologize to the European fans for not making it over there for a headline tour on the last album. My back problems got too intense to be on the road and that really screwed things up for everyone, myself, the rest of the guys in the band, our crew, the promoters etc. We would have toured a lot more than we did had I not had these problems. The great thing is that the last surgical procedure I had in October of 2004 seems to have worked to make the pain much more tolerable. I did very extensive therapy for many months and am committed to being in the best shape of my life by the time we tour again. It's good to be enjoying life for the first time in a very long time.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you that have picked up the DEMONS & WIZARDS 'Touched by the Crimson King' CD. Sales have been excellent worldwide and again have exceeded myself and Hansi's [Kürsch, BLIND GUARDIAN and DEMONS & WIZARDS frontman] expectations. It outsold the first release in mere months in many territories (including the U.S.), around the world and charted high in several European countries. The normal mode of operation is to get out and push the CD by doing live shows but due to Hansi's activities with BLIND GUARDIAN and my writing schedule for the next IE release it will probably be a while before we do any live shows. We knew we had a small window of opportunity to get this one recorded and released and were aware that touring was going to be done at a later date from the beginning. We felt it had been too long since the first CD was released so we opted for this plan instead of waiting another two years to get the second CD out. We will be doing a live CD at some point here in the States, probably NYC, and that's sure to be quite an event!

"2005 was a very special year for me. My daughter was born and it's been by far the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. After so many years of ass-breaking work to keep this band alive and successful, it was time for me to take care of #1. So I devoted my time to my health and my family and it was great. My batteries definitely needed recharging. Things are in perspective like never before and I feel more determined and more focused than ever. I can say in full confidence that this is coming through in the music.

"Contrary to some rumors, IE is still very much alive and will be coming back with a vengeance, stronger and more driven than ever to spread our brand of metal. Tim, Bobby [Jarzombek, drums] and I are very much looking forward to getting these CDs in the can and getting back out to see you all again.

"I haven't concentrated until recently with filling the open positions as there are plenty of very talented musicians out there that would love to be a part of the IE legacy. We get hit with demos and email constantly from a lot of great players, even when we're not looking. I'm checking out a few people and announcements will be made when the decisions have been made.

"I'll leave another post here in the near future with some titles and updates on the writing and happenings in IE world."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Allentown, Pennsylvania's 91.7 FM WMUH radio station has announced that Ernie Carletti, formerly of SLIKHELVETIKA, has been added as the second guitarist for ICED EARTH. He was allegedly auditioned just over a week ago by ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer and was accepted as a member. At press time, there has been no official confirmation from the band regarding Carletti's addition to the group.

According to Carletti's official bio on ErnieCarletti.com, Ernie is "a master guitarist who not only performs live, but is a renowned instructor residing in Maryland, USA and instructing in diverse performance styles including classical, rock, jazz and metal.

"Mastering his craft beyond 18 years and teaching in excess of 15, Ernie's skills are currently in demand by more than 100 students weekly in the Elkton, MD and Wilmington, DE areas. In addition to personal student sessions, Ernie offers email; video and member download instruction to students world-wide via ErnieCarletti.com.

"In 2005, Ernie struck a deal with famed guitar luthier Bernie Rico Jr. to produce and market two Carletti signature guitar models, the 'Dr. Jekyll', and the 'Mr. Hyde'. In February of 2006, Ernie was personally invited by Rico Jr. to appear as a featured artist in Rico Jr.'s booth at NAMM, the annual international music conference held in Anaheim, CA. Here Ernie had the distinct pleasure of jamming with legendary guitar God Larry Coryell — dubbed as the 'Godfather of fusion' — who has recorded more than 70 albums in 35 plus years of being a true Renaissance musician."

As first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET early this morning, ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has now confirmed the addition of guitarist Ernie Carletti, (formerly of SLIKHELVETIKA) to the group's ranks. Schaffer's statement on the matter reads as follows:

"I just wanted to make a quick but significant announcement. After auditioning some very good guitar players I've made a decision. The man who will be handling the majority of the guitar solos on the next record as well as touring with us on 'The Wicked World Tour' is an awesome player named Ernie Carletti.

"As has been the case in the past we may have a few guests do a solo or two on the epic that this way comes, but the majority will be handled by Ernie. He is a world-class player and truly one of the best guitarists I've had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with. We're going to make a good team, I'm sure. We were introduced through Bernie at Bernie Rico, Jr. Guitars who is the son of the BC Rich founder/legend Bernie Rico. If you want to see some amazing top quality hand built guitars go to www.ricojrguitars.com and see what this master builder has been up to the last few years. I'll be auditioning bass players as well very soon so there will be announcements made in the not-too-distant future for that position.

"The writing is moving along well and I'll have a few details for you on the next post, but for now I've gotta run... so much to do, so little time."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has sent the following announcement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"I just wanted to make a quick and exciting announcement that I think many of you will be very happy about. Brent Smedley is coming back to ICED EARTH for the recording and touring of the 'Something Wicked' saga Parts 1& 2, and beyond.

"For those of you not familiar, you can hear Brent's amazing drumming on the 'Alive in Athens' CD, which in my opinion is the best thing about the recording. I can tell you that on a personal level this makes me very happy. Brent left the band about seven years ago due to personal issues and I've missed him ever since.

"WELCOME BACK BROTHER!! The machine-gun-tight rhythm section is back!!!!

"I wish Bobby Jarzombek [HALFORD, SEBASTIAN BACH] the best of luck in his future endeavors; it was a pleasure jamming with him in the short time that we did.

"Due to a personal situation, Ernie Carletti will not be able to participate in band activities. I will be making a significant announcement concerning the guitar and bass player positions very soon. Also, the writing is going well and things are on track. I will post some details soon on www.icedearth.com. As challenging as this gigantic story is to tell in music, I have no doubt that it will be the pinnacle of ICED EARTH's work thus far"

Steta za Jarzombeka..htedoh da chujem legendu kako ce i studijski da odradi posao u IE..mislim posle Christyja ochekivalo se da slichna zivotinja dodje za drumze..

ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has sent the following announcement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"The new ICED EARTH guitar player is an absolutely fantastic player from the U.K. named Tim Mills. Tim is the owner/founder/visionary of Bare Knuckle Pickups, which is an incredible company providing state-of-the-art handwound pickups from England, which is how I met him. I highly recommend any and all serious players to check out his website and try a few of his pickups; they absolutely rule. The web address is www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk. As for his playing, it's awesome, very melodic, very tasty and he has great original ideas and songwriting abilities as well. He's here now and we're really inspiring each other and coming up with some great parts together. It's been a very long time since I've felt this kind of chemistry and I'm very psyched about it. It's an ingredient that's been missing for a very long time, so it should bring some very cool results.

"It's a good thing I always call Tim Owens 'T' — that will help with the 'two guys in the band named Tim' factor... ;-)

"There's more good news coming soon!"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ICED EARTH guitarist/mainman Jon Schaffer has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Again I have to apologize for the delay in updates. I've been extremely busy with writing and preproduction for the new ICED EARTH CDs.

"I also lost the one person that was my true mentor and inspiration throughout my life, which was very difficult. My father, Tom Schaffer, died unexpectedly of a massive stroke in October. He was 67, and died two weeks before his 68th birthday. It's hard to imagine what my life would have been like without my Dad's influence. I would not be who I am today, that's for sure. Fortunately, he was able to travel with the band a few times, and he really enjoyed meeting and talking with the fans. He was there for the 'Alive in Athens' recording and was dubbed Papa Earth by some of the fans in Greece. I will miss him very much.

"Obviously, this had a huge impact on me and brought the writing to a halt for about a month.

"I'm back on track and we are going to start recording on February 1st. We will be releasing a single/EP in June '07 that will feature the 'Something Wicked' trilogy re-recorded and a track that will be an alternate edit of a song that will be on 'Something Wicked Part 2' that now has a working title of 'Come What May'. The label was wanting me to do something with the original trilogy to reintroduce the story. So, what we have in store for you is very cool. You will hear 'Prophecy', 'Birth of the Wicked', and 'The Coming Curse' in a new way that will be a very killer way to kick off this massive epic.

"I don't want to give you any details to spoil the surprise, but trust me, it's going to be awesome.

"'Something Wicked (Part 1)' will be released in the September/October '07 time frame and Part 2 will follow in January/February '08.

"This is by far the most epic task I've ever taken on as a songwriter and I really feel like it will be worth all the sacrifice when it's finished. I've been working nonstop for over a year now and it's coming together in a very special way. I've just about finished all the musical arrangements and am now focusing on writing the lyrics/vocal melodies. I'm in the final stretch now...

"Tim Mills has contributed a few really cool pieces of music and has shown a real interest in the whole 'Something Wicked' story, and a real passion for being involved with the band. All this while owning and operating his own company (Bare Knuckle Pickups). I'm impressed, it's a rare quality, believe me.

"Also, the bass player on the next record is a local boy from Indianapolis whose name is James 'Bo' Wallace. Bo is a killer player and a great personality. I went to see him perform several months ago and was impressed with his abilities, energy and passion. He played with MA KELLEY for many years and released several records on a few different independent labels. Without a doubt, Bo is a great bass player and I'm happy to have him working with ICED EARTH.

"Here's a list of working titles for the upcoming epic. There will likely be changes but this gives you an idea of where things are going."

"Something Wicked - Part 1"

01. Overture

02. Something Wicked (Part 1)

03. Invasion

04. Man's Motivation

05. The Setian Massacre

06. Ghost Dance Ritual

07. Reflections

08. Ten Thousand Strong

09. Execution

10. Order of the Rose

11. The Clouding

12. Infiltrate and Assimilate

13. Retribution From the Shadows

14. Something Wicked (Part 2)

15. The Domino Decree

16. The Division of Religion (Man Needs God)

17. Novo Ordo Seclorum (Cycle Of A New Age)

"Something Wicked - Part 2"

01. The Sacred Flames

02. Behold the Wicked Child

03. Minions of the Watch

04. A Gift Or A Curse?

05. I Walk Among You

06. My Burden, My Honor

07. Ancient Rage of the High Priest

08. A Gathering Threat

09. Time Marches On

10. Sacrificial Kingdoms

11. Something Wicked (Part 3)

12. Divide Devour

13. Conspiracy / A Charge to Keep

14. Come What May (Mankind Is Lost)

Jes da ima da se nachekamo do izlaska...al nadam se nekoj ubici kad ga ovako najavljuje.

I ja mogu to da postujem da je objavio album kad je npr. izasao "Burnt Offerings". Medjutim nije, nego je bio proizvod talasa ljigavog kvazi-patriotizma nastalog usled dogadjaja 11. septembra 2001.