Opeth

Baal

"I felt that we couldn't really do more with that sound."

Tužno je to što je Heritage prvi album na kome Opeth zvuči sasvim ograničeno, kao da su pre snimanja jasno postavljene granice unutar kojih smeju da deluju, proračunato i dosadno.

Pa sta hoces, zvuci zanrovski konkretnije, naravno da moras da se ogranicis.

• 2 weeks later...

Mikael has now posted the following message on OPETH's official Facebook page:

"Hi guys! I'm writing from beyond the grave.

"Seriously, I was not in a car crash and I haven't broken my arm. All that happened is I hit my head in MASTODON's tour bus as I was getting a new pair of (red) underwear out from my suitcase.

"Wish the story was more rock and roll, believe me.

"Anyways, I split my head open down to the skullbone and had to be taken to the emergency. They gave me a bunch of shots in the wound, cleaned me up and stapled my head shut with 8 metal staples. Head is sore and if I smile it feels like the wound is gonna burst open again, but I'll be on stage by tomorrow again.

"I feel extremely disappointed that we couldn't play at The Myth in Minneapolis, but paramedics told me I couldn't. We will reschedule the show for our next trip to the USA. So all rumors of me being in a car crash are false. I did crash my head into a car, though, well... a bus, really.

"Sorry for disappointing our fans in Minneapolis but I hope you understand. See you next time."

Kao da nikada niste zaboli glavom u prozor kod kuće. Samo što je on naišao na oštra vrata, cimnuo se zbog nečega, možda zabacio glavu zbog kose pri ustajanju i eto.

• 1 month later...

Mikael Åkerfeldt of Swedish progressive metallers OPETH has recorded some vocals in collaboration with legendary GENESIS guitarist Steve Hackett. Mikael is featured on a re-recording of the classic GENESIS mega-epos "Supper's Ready" from 1972's "Foxtrot" album. More information about the upcoming release will be released soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Asked whether OPETH has begun work on the follow-up to last year's "Heritage" album, Mikael replied, "I've been writing a little. I'm going on a trip soon — next week — on my own, actually, which I've never done before. I'm gonna bring the guitar and write some stuff, hopefully. But I think we're still touring, and we still have another European tour coming up in the fall. And that kind of prevents me from getting too into the work — the creative process. I'm gonna start writing more from real once we finish the tour. 'Cause I don't have much."