Megadeth

Earendil

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SLAYER vocalist Tom Araya was advised by his doctors not to perform at tomorrow night's (Sunday, October 11) show at the Thebarton Theatre in Adelaide, Australia due to severe laryngitis. Tom, his band and crew were on route to Adelaide with the full intention of performing but were forced to cancel the date due to doctor-mandated rest.

Co-headliners MEGADETH have confirmed that they will perform an extended set at the Thebarton Sunday night.

The remainder of the shows will proceed as planned, with SLAYER and MEGADETH performing at Challenge Stadium in Perth this Tuesday, October 13, and SLAYER performing a full set — including the classic "Reign in Blood" album in its entirety — at Luna Park Sydney this Thursday, October 15.

SLAYER extends an apology to their Adelaide fans for their cancellation, and ticket holders who no longer wish to attend can obtain a refund from point of purchase.

Commented MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine: "I was saddened to hear that Tom Araya won't be able to perform [sunday night], as you know, and that they are going to proceed to Perth to wait for us and the last show here in Australia.

"I wanted to be as gracious and considerate of the circumstances as possible, so yesterday I sent an invitation to Kerry King [sLAYER guitarist] to come up and play a song from back when he played with us in the early days.

"I know that it would require him coming here to Adelaide, and that the band has already decided to proceed to Perth, but I sent the invite yesterday, and I was really hoping that we could do something for the fans of Adelaide and so that the SLAYER fans could at least see their hero in action; even if it is with us.

"There is still several hours before the show, and I would love to see Kerry walk through the doors and say, 'Alright, let's play 'Rattlehead'!' However, I think that the time has passed for him to be able to comfortably travel here. I have my fingers crossed though."

SLAYER vocalist Tom Araya was advised by his doctors not to perform at tomorrow night's (Sunday, October 11) show at the Thebarton Theatre in Adelaide, Australia due to severe laryngitis. Tom, his band and crew were on route to Adelaide with the full intention of performing but were forced to cancel the date due to doctor-mandated rest.

Co-headliners MEGADETH have confirmed that they will perform an extended set at the Thebarton Sunday night.

The remainder of the shows will proceed as planned, with SLAYER and MEGADETH performing at Challenge Stadium in Perth this Tuesday, October 13, and SLAYER performing a full set — including the classic "Reign in Blood" album in its entirety — at Luna Park Sydney this Thursday, October 15.

SLAYER extends an apology to their Adelaide fans for their cancellation, and ticket holders who no longer wish to attend can obtain a refund from point of purchase.

Commented MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine: "I was saddened to hear that Tom Araya won't be able to perform [sunday night], as you know, and that they are going to proceed to Perth to wait for us and the last show here in Australia.

"I wanted to be as gracious and considerate of the circumstances as possible, so yesterday I sent an invitation to Kerry King [sLAYER guitarist] to come up and play a song from back when he played with us in the early days.

"I know that it would require him coming here to Adelaide, and that the band has already decided to proceed to Perth, but I sent the invite yesterday, and I was really hoping that we could do something for the fans of Adelaide and so that the SLAYER fans could at least see their hero in action; even if it is with us.

"There is still several hours before the show, and I would love to see Kerry walk through the doors and say, 'Alright, let's play 'Rattlehead'!' However, I think that the time has passed for him to be able to comfortably travel here. I have my fingers crossed though."

I sad nemojte da kazete da Dejv nije namerno kljukao Araju,posle svirki s pivom 'ladnim k'o zmija,kako bi ovaj zaradio laringitis,i kako bi Slejer otkazao svirku,a Megadede uskocile u njihov termin.Ko zna kakvu ovo osvetu sprema Keriju Kingu,sva sreca pa ovaj nije zagrizao mamac. :mhihi::mhihi::mhihi:

MEGADETH's new album, "Endgame", sold 45,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD shifted 8,200 units in Canada to land at No. 4 on the country's official chart.

MEGADETH's previous CD, "United Abominations", opened with around 54,000 copies in the U.S. to debut at No. 8.

Dugo mi je trebalo da se javim na ovoj temi (i na forumu uopšte, ako zanemarimo ono što sam o Megadeth-u pisao u shoutbox-u). U besmislene rasprave Metallica vs Megadeth, kao i u okršaje s onima koji pljuju Mustaine-a, neću da ulazim. Ovde sam zbog albuma Endgame, koji sam sijaset puta preslušao u poslednjih mesec i po dana. Ne bih da trošim reči o njemu - u pitanju je, za mene, najbolji i najkompletniji album Megadeth-a posle "svetog trojstva" Rust in Peace-Countdown to Extinction-Youthanasia (pošto je poznato da nisam neki fan najstarijih albuma ovog benda). Ima zvuk, ima priču, hitove na prvu loptu, dovoljno kompleksnosti (ali ne preterano kao kod Death Magnetic albuma, pošto vidim da ih mnogi porede)i ima najbolju baladu koju je Megadeth ikad napravio, a ja bih rekao i jednu od najboljih metal balada uopšte - The Hardest Part of Letting Go... Sealed with a Kiss. Pesma je tako nabijena iskrenim emocijama kako samo jedna prava metal balada može da bude. Primetio bih (ono što dosad niko nije) da se u njoj vidi da je Alice Cooper i dalje veliki Daveov uzor, jer su i atmosfera i tekst pesme, kao i način na koji Dave peva, u potpunosti u duhu nekih sličnih Cooperovih ostvarenja (ko intenzivnije sluša Cooper-a, zna na koje pesme mislim). Sem ove pesme, moji favoriti su 44 Minutes, Bodies i How the Story Ends. Možda je jedina prosečna pesma na albumu Head Crusher - ne znam šta im bi da nju forsiraju uživo i što se baš ona prva pojavila. Sve u svemu, za mene drugi nabolji album godine, posle Grave Digger-ovog Ballads of a Hangman, na kome takođe postoji jedna prejaka balada (Lonely the Innocence Dies), pa mogu da kažem i da se te dve pesme kod mene kolju za pesmu godine.

Dugo mi je trebalo da se javim na ovoj temi (i na forumu uopšte, ako zanemarimo ono što sam o Megadeth-u pisao u shoutbox-u). U besmislene rasprave Metallica vs Megadeth, kao i u okršaje s onima koji pljuju Mustaine-a, neću da ulazim. Ovde sam zbog albuma Endgame, koji sam sijaset puta preslušao u poslednjih mesec i po dana. Ne bih da trošim reči o njemu - u pitanju je, za mene, najbolji i najkompletniji album Megadeth-a posle "svetog trojstva" Rust in Peace-Countdown to Extinction-Youthanasia (pošto je poznato da nisam neki fan najstarijih albuma ovog benda). Ima zvuk, ima priču, hitove na prvu loptu, dovoljno kompleksnosti (ali ne preterano kao kod Death Magnetic albuma, pošto vidim da ih mnogi porede)i ima najbolju baladu koju je Megadeth ikad napravio, a ja bih rekao i jednu od najboljih metal balada uopšte - The Hardest Part of Letting Go... Sealed with a Kiss. Pesma je tako nabijena iskrenim emocijama kako samo jedna prava metal balada može da bude. Primetio bih (ono što dosad niko nije) da se u njoj vidi da je Alice Cooper i dalje veliki Daveov uzor, jer su i atmosfera i tekst pesme, kao i način na koji Dave peva, u potpunosti u duhu nekih sličnih Cooperovih ostvarenja (ko intenzivnije sluša Cooper-a, zna na koje pesme mislim). Sem ove pesme, moji favoriti su 44 Minutes, Bodies i How the Story Ends. Možda je jedina prosečna pesma na albumu Head Crusher - ne znam šta im bi da nju forsiraju uživo i što se baš ona prva pojavila. Sve u svemu, za mene drugi nabolji album godine, posle Grave Digger-ovog Ballads of a Hangman, na kome takođe postoji jedna prejaka balada (Lonely the Innocence Dies), pa mogu da kažem i da se te dve pesme kod mene kolju za pesmu godine.

Dopada mi se ovo što si napisao. S tim što, iskreno, nisam posebno slušao Alice-a pa tako su mi te paralele nepoznate. Sad, album jeste zaista kompletan, tako dobro zvuči, ima koncepciju. Ja ne mogu da poredim ovaj i onaj Megadeth-ov album jer jednostavno, pravljeni su u različitim periodima, i šire gledano a i u različitim periodima Dave-ovog stvaralaštva. Od prve kil-em-all-ovske ploče preko monumentalnih albuma Peace Sells i So Far... ja sam fan tog zvuka. Albumi iz devedesetih, pa sad, neki su mi, kao Risk, slabiji, ali jednostavno, zvuk i muzika se menjaju, pa kako bi bilo da ostaju stalno isti? Ako bilo šta može da se zameri ovoj ploči, možda malo nedostaje producentske sirovosti u zvuku. No, sasvim se uklapa u ovo vreme. Ipak je 2009. a ne 1989.

Terrorizer: Is [MEGADETH's new album] "Endgame" better than [METALLICA's latest CD] "Death Magnetic"?

Mustaine: "Yes."

Terrorizer: Why?

Mustaine: "To me, one sounds like a record and the other sounds like a jam. Plus we have two lead guitar players. In METALLICA you've got one [referring to Kirk Hammett. — Ed], and he ripped me off anyway.

"I was just speaking to Lars [ulrich, METALLICA drummer] about the [Rock And Roll] Hall Of Fame thing [Mustaine was invited to attend METALLICA's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction in April, but didn't get inducted along with his former bandmates. — Ed.], and I said, 'You know what?! I don't give a fuck about you anymore.'

"I used to have this thing that I was secretly pining over one day, getting up there and playing with them again. And I'm thinking, what song would I play? And how could I even stand it?

"I like playing with guys who can keep time.

"I've heard people say that some of the best METALLICA songs they ever heard was when the guy from SLIPKNOT was playing the drums."

Edited by Grobodan
  • Upvote 3

Едитуј, ништа се не види. Видим само да нешто спомиње Металику. :rockdevil:

Сад је ОК, задња реченица к'о да је Тешина. :rockdevil::rockdevil:

Edited by Вуду ПопаЯa