Morbid Angel

nocturnog

Najbolji Morbid Angel album?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AOL's Noisecreep recently conducted an interview with bassist/vocalist David Vincent of Florida-based extreme metal veterans MORBID ANGEL. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the band's new album, "Illud Divinum Insanus", which marks the group's first release to feature Vincent since 1995's "Domination":

"It's awesome, absolutely awesome. I just want the damn thing out, but it's hurry up and wait. That's the story of the business. I wish it was out immediately. We are doing special packaging for it, and that doesn't help my anxiety of wanting to get it out."

"We have grown out of the moniker of death metal. We call ourselves extreme music," he said. "There are too many boxes to put it in — so many descriptors! We play extreme music and it encompasses everything from incredibly fast and articulate fretboard gymnastics to the sickest, most moaning of riffs, to the usual things we do. We take it for a twist."

"We made a masterpiece. I am going to call it that. There is not one bad track on this record. Of course I am going to say that, but I don't normally say such things. It is very unique and very diverse. We didn't go through the normal channels with production, so it's that's much more special because of the decisions we made."

On how his time away from the band affected his contributions to the new album:

"The cool thing is the more time you spend on the planet, the more tricks you learn. I try and apply everything I learn to the music. I go out of my way to live a full and rich and interesting life, and those experiences add to your personality, which is what makes your art. This album is full of personality."

@Lou: nije da nema tu istine, i dalje stojim iza toga, ali neke pesme opasno testiraju moje široke granice. Videćemo još, izgleda da ću ovaj album najbolje slušati par godina kasnije kad zaboravim šta sve ide oko njega.