Iron Maiden

Black Knight

Tačno tako Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner su odsvirali samo jednom i to u Beogradu 86e. E to je bio iron maiden koncert a ne ovo sad u ponedeljak

ili sam omatorio ne znam ni ja šta mi je .

Ako smo opet kod Beogradkog koncerta jel ima neko taj snimak iz 86 e?

Mislim da si omatorio, pogotovo ako si gledao taj koncert iz '86. A sta reci kad je to bio prvi koncert za najbolji album njihove karijere? Moralo je da bude sjajno!

Nikada, nakon "Fear of the Dark" ne bih pomislio da cu ikada reci ovo sto nameravam - novi album Iron Maiden je super!

Ja sam to rekao nakon sto sam cuo "Brave New World", iako ni sam nisam neko vreme verovao u to. Taj album s vremenom dobija na tezini.

A sta reci kad je to bio prvi koncert za najbolji album njihove karijere?

Apsolutno se slazem...

Jebem mu mater, ja nisam bio ni rodjen kada je taj album izasao... U stanju sam da ga slusam SVAKI dan, koje je to savrsenstvo.

BTW, jos 2 JAKO zapostavljane pesme- Caught somewhere in time i Deja-Vu, koje su icon_rockdevil.gif

Jednom prilikom mi je brat rekao da je nekako ispalo da se Maiden fanovi dele na one kojima je najdrazhi album Somewhere in time i na one koji najvishe vole Seventh Son Of The Seventh Son. Ja sam medju ovima koji najljube Sedmog sina.

Inache, Maideni su jedini bend chiji svaki album (do Fear of the Dark) volim i na tim albumima ne postoji pesma koja mi se ne svidja. Postoje njihove pesme koje volim i one koje obozhavam.

Evo mali review koncerta na kome je bio nas drugar iz dijaspore Dudi...

Quebec report

Well l was right - what a gig. If any audience on the rest of the tour matches all our good friends in Quebec l will be surprised but delighted! Sold out a few days ago, the 10,500 capacity venue was rammed and rammed with the loudest Maiden fans on the planet. Everything worked today - on stage sound was good for the band, lights looked superb, band played really well, all production worked precisely - all ok as it should be after the three warm up shows (dont get me wrong, not that these warm up shows werent important, every show is, its just you have to start somewhere and iron out the gremlins a bit).

We arrived in Quebec from Philly at about 2am. l went to bed as work to do in the morning but all the band except H went out and had a good time at a local bar. l was up early and pretty well spent all day doing emails and the same the following day until going to the show at about 5. Its a very busy time for me with the album and tour doing so well - enjoy every minute of it though. Very exciting time.

The evening before the show Jan, Ian, Dick and Gaddsy went out for dinner and were walking to the restaurant when an unmarked police car pulled up having recognised Jan and being Maiden fans like most of this city l think. They got chatting and Ian asked them for a lift to the restaurant. They agreed but as they couldnt all fit in the the policeman called his policewoman wife to come and assist - which she did in a marked car!! Ian suggested they arrest Jan and cuff him and put him in the car. Just then a passing fan asked for Jan's autograph - Jan responded saying he was just being arrested, the fan just looked at him and said "well can you sign it before they handcuff you"!!! l will put pics up recording the Gers arrest. Anyway they got to the restaurant and apparently had a great meal after signing more autographs.

After the show last night we all ended up in the hotel with the Beavers - you may recall the "where beavers dare" T shirt l put up amongst the pics the other day. Basically the beavers are a Maiden loving club of about 50 great guys in their 20s who come to most of the Canadian shows and make a special T for the event - they print one each and some for me and the band, which l wear with pride. The shirt for this tour is brilliant as you will see when l get the pics - "these beavers dont run"!! They had all booked into the hotel and were all in the bar so we took a group shot with Dave, Steve, Jan and the beavers which they are sending me to post here. We all had a good laugh in the bar. Like most Maiden fans they were a great group of guys (and a gal!) and l spent most of the time chatting to them. They took pains not to be too enthusiastic and gave the band some space and l definitely respect that. Its cool spending time with fans but not if they get too much in your face and too pushy. They even bought me a beer or two - thanks fellas.

Anyway its diary and email time again after a good breakfast. We leave for Montreal about 3 - should be another great show tongiht. l believe its now sold out with about 13,500 more wonderful Quebecois - will they be as good as last night?? As that great man said "only time will tell"!!! See y'all later.

- Rod

Apsolutno se slazem...

Jebem mu mater, ja nisam bio ni rodjen kada je taj album izasao... U stanju sam da ga slusam SVAKI dan, koje je to savrsenstvo.

BTW, jos 2 JAKO zapostavljane pesme- Caught somewhere in time i Deja-Vu, koje su icon_rockdevil.gif

slazem se za te Dve pesme....

Tako je! icon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

U principu jedino sto me malo nervira na albumu je Harris-ovo guranje nosa u svaku pesmu...konkretno mislim na pesmu The Legacy...po meni ta pesma je imala potencijal da bude jedna od najboljih i najzrelijih...medjutim tacno se prepoznaje Harris-ov (ne)kreativni "napad" oko 5:28 icon_smile.gif ...znaci covek (sve do tog trenutka) vrhunsku pesmu skenjava tako sto odlucuje da ubaci jebeno najneprikladniji i najbudjaviji copy-paste riff koji mu je u tom trenutku pao na pamet icon_smile.gifno.gif ...a uveren sam da su malo sacekali i pustili da odlezi ili da je barem pustio nekoga da malo "sudeluje" oko tog dela pesme da bi na kraju sve ispalo kako treba...pesmu uvek slusam do tog trenutka icon_smile.gif ...steta...

riff je vaN konteksta totalno plus je skoro isti k'o montsegur....

maiden je tu akutno oboleo od dream theater sindroma koji se svidja samo obolelim prog rock/metal fanovima.... icon_smile.gif

Kad smo radili Maiden obrade u bendu After Life, koncerte smo uvek otvarali sa 'Caught Somewhere In Time'. Ta pesma je jebeno genijalna, uz 'Aces High' moj favorit!

Ima finih slika na maidennorway.com

Inace, ima nesto u ovoj "podeli" na sit fanove i 7th son icon_mrgreen.gif

Je l'? Ne znam, ja volim oba albuma, samo "Somewhere In Time" malo vise, iako sam "Seventh Son..." cuo prvog i prirastao mi je za srce.

In a live interview with the "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM conducted on Friday (Oct. 13), IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain defended the band's decision to play their new album, "A Matter of Life and Death", in its entirety on MAIDEN's current tour.

Said Nicko: "You're never gonna be able to please everybody all the time.

"When we finished recording this record — that was way back in March/April of this year — when Kevin [shirley, producer] had finished putting everything together and we listened to the record from top to bottom, it's one of those moments where — we're not sure who said it — but it was one of those magical moments when everyone was like, 'We've gotta do this live.' More than likely it was Steve [Harris] that said something. Nobody knows who it was that came up with this idea of doing it, but it doesn't really matter, because we all were in agreement. And we went, 'This is too good. What do you leave off this record?' In the past, we've always done five or six songs off a 10- or 11-track album. And so you kind of normally had two-thirds of the record performed live — I mean, 'Dance of Death', we did six tracks off the album — but this is historically the first time we've EVER ventured into doing something like this.

"For me, my personal feeling, and it's very well documented, I'm sure, is that I think that this is the best album I've ever made with this band. So I was delighted — it was a challenge, it is a challenge every night to play these songs, because they're very intricate, there's a lot more progression… there's lots of reasons what makes, for me, this album to play live a challenge. But we decided to take the bull by the horns and say, 'Look, we're not really worried…' Because we knew — and believe me, we sat and we said, 'You know we're gonna get flak for this from a lot of our older fans and even some of the newer fans who wanna hear the older classic songs.' But this is the wonderful thing when you've got 14 records that are all magic that all have great songs on them. So, let's just say, there's an average of 10 songs [per album], there's 140 tunes to choose from over a wonderful career of 25-plus years. The older fans and newer fans all go, 'I wanna hear my favorite, I wanna hear this…' but to do this, it is bold, and we just decided, 'Look, this is what WE wanna do as a band.' And we took the decision, and we knew we were gonna get various amounts of flak for it. And to be honest with you, I wrote a little [tour] diary [entry] the other day and I stuck it on the site and I said, 'Look, for you guys out there, stop freakin' whining. Just come and enjoy it. This is what we're doing because this is what WE want to do.' And it's not about not doing what our fans want. Because our fans made this record No. 9 — it was a Top 10 album — we've never had a Top 10 album in America. So there's a lot of people who are very happy to hear this album in its entirety. There are gonna be the people that are whining and moaning and groaning about it… Well, too freakin' bad. You're gonna get what get.

"Listen, if you look at it this way, and this is the way I look at it: You do an IRON MAIDEN set. We've got it split into thirds. We're doing two-thirds of the set new stuff; one-third is the old stuff. So you're getting two-to-one new. OK? That ain't bad. The great thing about it is that you know full well you're always get 'Iron Maiden' — it's the show closer, it's the signature song for the band. That will always be played last, and that's usually when you'll get the feature of whatever the theatrics we have on the stage — the entertainment side. We'll always have the album theme with a special effect come out — you're always gonna get that. One thing you always will have is 'Hallowed be thy Name', because I… myself and Steve, it's both our favorite IRON MAIDEN song to play live. And I made a deal with Steve years ago, and I said, 'If there's ever a time when you decide you don't want to do this song, you're gonna have to go get a new drummer.' Those two songs you will always have — always. There may be a time when we drop 'Hallowed' — possibly. But songs like 'The Trooper', 'Number of the Beast'… We've got 'Fear of the Dark', '2 Minutes to Midnight', and people go, 'Oh, I don't wanna hear '2 Minutes…' I'm fed up with it.' You're never gonna please everybody. But, of course, you don't wanna make somebody upset. They come all the way to see you, and they spend a lot of money to come down and have a good night out, and then they go, 'Oh, I'm disappointed.' I've read some e-mails that people have sent it, saying, 'I hope they change the setlist by the time they hit Europe.' Well, I've got news for you. Sell you freakin' tickets. Go scalp 'em. 'Cause we ain't changing the setlist."

Faca icon_smile.gifpivopije.gif