Rain Delay

markomrki

Guest Wonderfall

Zvuči ovo svetski, ali mi je pomalo neartikulisano, kao da pesma nema osmišljen koncept, već je sve nekako nabacano. Spot je...onako. Oni delovi sa borilačkim veštinama su loše odrađeni, neubedljivi, tako da mi se čini da bi bilo bolje da ste se zadržali samo na snimanju benda, pošto je taj segment odlično urađen. Btw, ne znam kada je spot sniman, ali mi te japanese fore malo deluju kao jahanje na trenutnoj medijskoj pretrpanosti Japanom i svime što ima veze sa tim, što mi je pomalo degute. Mada verovatno nema veze s vezom, ali mi tako deluje. U svakom slučaju, cepajte, ljudi. Generalno ste dostigli jedan pristojan nivo, daleko iznad amaterizma koji je karakterističan za domaću scenu, a to je dobar kapital. Nemojte ga prokockati.

• Upvote 1

Meni isto nije jasan taj japanofilski smek, ne razumem koja je poenta, odnosno koja je tematika, moze objasnjenje? :smile:

Sto se tice produkcije, stvarno mislim da diskusija nije potrebna posto (za nase uslove pogotovo) produkcija reze i savija i bas se cuje i sve bombona.

Stuktura pesme je gotivna; nekim rifovima fali malo zivota, onaj kanda breakdown pred kraj mi je slab, thrasherica ok mada treba brze :rockdevil: ; vokali super osim muskog polu-spoken koji me malo tera na kenj.

Sto se spota tice, ne pridajem mu neki znacaj ali izgledao je neozbiljan i blago stupidan tako da nisam ni mogao da odgledam ceo. Mislim da bi ste mogli da popravite utisak sa jos jednim za neku pesmu sa albuma. Znaci napravite nesto sa energicnijim scenama, zivljim svetlom (i mrakom) i manje cudnih grimasa.

Bez obzira na pojedine negativne kritike, cepate svetski i dalje.

Pesma je nastala jos prosle godine, a ima veze sa dve pesme, jer je koncipirano oko Selene Shiseido koja je bitna za ovaj album, takodje ce na albumu biti i pesma Selena. Spot smo snimali pre dva meseca, tako da nismo znali da ce biti ovo u Japanu, ko je pazljivo gledao video bi i jos jednu zastavu levo, tj, Venecijansku. Te dve smo istakli na spotu jer su Japan i Venecija dva velika uticaja na novom albumu. Sad sta da radimo mi sto se desilo to u Japanu, para za nova snimanja nema.

Sto se tice spota reci cu jos ovo i ne mogu vise da se bavim time, jer svi jebo te kukaju kako niko nista ne radi, scena je u kurcu, ti se iscimas napravis nesto odma pljuju i nabadaju na noz. Retko koja konstruktivna kritika. Jel lako prijatelju? Ako jeste izvoli, napravi bolje! Kada nas budu gadjali sa lovom, davali nam HD kamere za dzabe, kranove, studije osvetljenja, ekipe i montazere i budzete koji premasuju gajbu piva, onda ce da bude i bolji spot. On je tu da promovise pesmu i album. Moj prijatelj je rekao da je dovoljna promocija bar da imas neki video za bar vise od pola pesama sa albuma na you tube. Znaci radimo shodno mogucnostima i izvlacimo najbolje iz sebe. Mi smo imali srecnu okolnost sto i album i spot nekako u isto vreme idu, pa smo zajahali na tom talasu. I naravno da cemo da seremo okolo da imamo spot, jer on ide pre albuma.

Zato ajd malo da uzivamo, jer imamo sta da pokazemo i mi i jos dosta njih koji su dosta zrtvovali da bi radili ovo. Konstruktivna kritika je uvek dobrodosla, ostali genericki pljuvaci neka ga duvaju.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

hvala za objasnjenje, jedva cekam da preslusam ceo bum.

mislim da si pogresio oko toga kakva kritika je konstruktivna a kakva nije, jer svaka iskrena kritika je bolja od spustanja ocekivanja i zatvaranja ociju pred nedostacima. uostalom, to ti govori da publika shvata vas rad ozbiljno i da ocekuje max od vas.

niko nije rekao da bi bilo bolje da uopste niste snimili spot meni se cini.

ta "vazno je ucestvovati" spika ti je sranje tebra. metal je rat.

• Upvote 1

Reagovao sam na opste a ne na pojedino, naravno da razdvajam sta je iskreno a sta je nabadanje i proseravanje. Bilo je i toga veruj mi. Svakako se ne osecam nesto napadnut, naprotiv pricamo samo.

Elem, ima jedan lik Rus Leonid, koji je bas zagrizen za nas rad, i on je napisao interpretaciju pesme u kojoj je stvarno lepo objasnjena tematika pesme, evo ko zeli da procita:

Shiseido is the sixth track from Rain Delay’s third album Slumber Recon, released in 2011. It is written and composed by the band’s guitarist/vocalist Dušan Pešić (henceforth referred to as “the author”).

The title derives from the surname of a Japanese/Italian female character, Selena Shiseido, the author’s beloved. The lyrics for this song are written as a dialogue between her and the author. The role of Miss Shiseido is played by the band’s vocalist Bojana Bianca Milosavljević. She sings in Japanese, with a notable European accent, not surprising regarding Selena’s background (see “The Shiseido character” section).

In the first two verses the author promises that he will do many things for Selena in the close future (“I’ll take you to see that postponed air-show.”), while believing in a positive outcome for their future life despite the global crisis on the political, financial and ecological level that occurred in the late 2000’s. After he promises he will take her to Venice, the author mentions the city of Nice, the place where Selena spent her childhood, in the verse “Then, how far can your Nice be?”, which could mean that he wants to take her back to her carefree childhood. He also promises to teach her Goshin Jujutsu, a modern self-defense-oriented style of Japanese jujutsu, which becomes clear knowing that the author is a devoted Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner.

Selena nervously responses in Japanese “ツァイトガイスト見たばかりの 僕らをさまよわせてほしいの” which means “We just watched Zeitgeist and you want us to roam free?”. The mentioned term “Zeitgeist” is literally referring to Zeitgeist, the Movie, a documentary which deeply influenced the author. The term occurs again when the whole band shouts that phrase right before the third chorus. That lyric is written in form of a “ghost lyric”, a piece of text that is in a different color (gray) than the rest of the text, making it less visible. Though the author does not take this controversial documentary as an absolute truth, he recognizes some revelations as credible. One of those theories is about the Armageddon. By demystifying series of “astro-theological“ references this documentary reveals that there will be no Armageddon, no Biblical “End of the World”- just the end of an Age, the Age of Pisces, when in 2150 AD the Earth enters the Age of Aquarius. Knowing Selena’s birth date, one can easily discover that, astrologically vise, she is an Aquarius. So, this shout, this battle cry signifies that her time is yet to come and that she should regard neither this movie nor this world as a threat, but as an encouragement. The following verse “秘密な世活はどうするか” (Eng. “And what about our secret lives?”) depicts her worries about their identities being uncovered. While Selena’s supposed “secret life” and secret work are mentioned in her file (“… she currently works on discovering corruption in various corporate law consulting agencies.”), the author’s supposed secret work can be found in his biography on the band’s official website (“… resolved numerous incidents concerning safety breach in public transport.”). The meaning behind these quotes I have not yet revealed. However, one thing is certain; those quotes surely are formidable allegories for their individual endeavors, rather than joint. Selena’s final verse “自分を私ほど守るように約束して” (Eng. “Promise me that you will protect yourself as much as you protect me.”) is showing her ultimate and most deep concern- the concern for the author’s well being.

The band recorded a video for this track in May 2011. A young director Filip Cerović made a great achievement, although this was his debut work. The video consists of two separate stories- the band’s performance and a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fight. It is clear that they are not happening simultaneously, because the author himself performs with the band, and also fights.

In the band performance scenes there are two flags in the background. The Veneto flag is placed on the left- which is the position of the West on maps; while the Japanese flag is placed on the right- on the East. Those flags represent the author and Selena (played by Bianca). Bianca’s “manga” appearance and clothing are totally in sync with her role of a young, attractive, and modern Asian female, while throughout these scenes the author is wearing a dog tag, the symbol of his fighting spirit.

In the fight scenes, the author is wearing a white gi. In the beginning, he hands his dog tag to Selena. She accepts it with slightly notable concern. In the background is a man wearing a black gi. He gets up, puts his teeth protection and gets ready for a randori (fight). After a brief stand-up, the black gi man manages to execute a double-leg takedown on his opponent. He throws the author on the tatami (floor), with a massive body-slam, although it is illegal under IBJJF rules. He holds the author in a knee-on-stomach position, and attempts a common submission hold applied from this position, the juji-gatame (armbar). He puts his opponent into the submission, and by slowly hyperextending his elbow, causing the author loads of pain. However, at one point luck turns to the author. He manages to roll and evade the armbar, and to swiftly pass the opponent’s guard, utilizing technique rather than strength. Then, from side-mount position, he manages to hook his opponent’s left leg and execute a demanding, yet unexpected grappling move- the rolling back attack, leaving his opponent wondering what has happened. The author takes his opponent’s back, and submits him with a sleeper hold (rear naked choke), and thus forces the opponent to tap out. In the end, Selena puts his dog tag back on. Her conservative gaze only slightly revealed some pride that she presumably must have felt at that moment, which is understandable as emotional restraining is quite common among the Japanese people.

To conclude, this fight is the primary example of the archetype battle between light and darkness, good and evil, where ultimately, despite all misfortunes that life can bring, the good prevails. That moment when the black gi man body-slams the author illegally is nothing else but a metaphor for that the malice and misfortune will never play by the rules.

The main influences on the author were, in this case, Poison the Well (the hardcore sections and male vocals), Slayer (the thrash metal section) and Melt Banana (the fast-paced female yelling in Japanese).

The verse is played by rhythmic strumming of F -5/C, F sus2/C chords, and ultimately, C major chord, all in 4/4 rhythm. The chorus is composed in E Phrygian mode in 17/8 (8/8 + 9/8) rhythm. The bridge utilizes the same chords as the verse, however, in 5/8 rhythm. In the bridge section, right before the third chorus, the bass and the guitars play in 5/8, whereas the drums play in 4/4 rhythm. Basically, Shiseido is a modern hardcore/metal track, with a thrash metal section, and traces of “djent”, mainly due to Rain Delay’s guitarist Željko Zec’s 8-string guitar. Although the band plays in standard E tune, Zec utilizes strings B-flat and F#, which are lower than the E string, to create that impression of a lower tune.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Cinjenica stoji, da RD ne bi mogao da gostuje nigde na TV-u ako nemaju video clip da puste :) Tako cisto funkcionisu stvari u medijima, a sa obzirom da je spot pristojnog kvaliteta za nase srpske standarde, mislim da su napravili pravi potez sto su ga snimili. Retko koji metal bend iz Srbije moze da se uopste pohvali da ima spot, tako da...

Eto, samo gurajte ljudi i sve najbolje!:)

Album bi trebalo da bude gotov kompletno do 15 aprila, i ici ce on line free download izdanje, koje ce pratiti diskovi za one koji zele taj medij da imaju. Sad, mislim da ce prilicno brzo izaci on line, a diskove cim uradimo nedugo zatim. Svakako cemo obavestavati.

Edited by markomrki
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

dobra je stvar, ali deluje kao da nije zamisljena da bude stand-alone, odnosno, da mnogo vise smisla ima kada se slusa sa ostatkom albuma, te zato, kao sto rece Vuk, bez celog albuma je glupo komentarisati.

e da, usput, dobro je prenesen trip zenskih vokala na japanskom, upravo u tom smeku i oni snimaju vokale po onim Jrock cudima i slicno. namerno ili ne, u svakom slucaju plus.

u jebote, pa engine foruma sada stapa vise postova u jedan. haos. nema dosade do jutra :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1