Watain

Grobodan

Sweden's Close-Up magazine has published its list of the top 20 albums of 2010 based on individual selections from all of its writers. It is as follows:

01. WATAIN: Lawless Darkness

02. KYLESA: Spiral Shadow

03. CRUCIFYRE: Infernal Earthly Divine

04. BRING ME THE HORIZON: There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret

05. THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN: Option Paralysis

06. DEATHSPELL OMEGA: Paracletus

07. IMMOLATION: Majesty And Decay

08. KHOMA: A Final Storm

09. BAD RELIGION: The Dissent Of Man

10. HIGH ON FIRE: Snakes For The Divine

11. DESULTORY: Counting Our Scars

12. DANZIG: Deth Red Sabaoth

13. NEVERMORE: The Obsidian Conspiracy

14. OVERKILL: Ironbound

15. ALCEST: Écailles De Lune

16. WITCHERY: Witchkrieg

17. DEFTONES: Diamond Eyes

18. DANKO JONES: Below The Belt

19. ELECTRIC WIZARD: Black Masses

20. BOMBS OF HADES: Chambers Of Abominations

Close-Up: Congratulations, Erik Danielsson, to the position as number one on the Close-Up Magazine list with the 20 best albums of 2010. Are you surprised?

Erik: "No. Actually, if only half of the boastful outbursts I've made about the album during this year were true it would still end up as number one on your list. What I think about the album and what I expect people to think about it is irrelevant. This just goes to prove that I wasn't very far from the truth myself."

On other albums released during 2010:

Erik: "There have been two or maybe three good albums released during this year, to my knowledge. And that is — apart from 'Lawless Darkness' — 'Devils Poison' by VOMITOR from Australia as well as the Swedish band GHOST's debut album, 'Opus Eponymous'. Apart from that, this year has been very weak in terms of good albums."

On the new NACHTMYSTIUM album:

Erik: "Nope, they are not on my list, I can tell you that right away. I've heard them, we're toured with them and they are cool guys, but I don't like the music.

On THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN:

Erik: "Ah, right. I forgot that one. Forget everything else I've said, and include only THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN.

Close-Up: Are you serious?

Erik: "No. I don't like them.

Close-Up: BLOOD OF THE BLACK OWL?

Erik: "Never heard of.

Close-Up: SHINING from Norway? FURZE? You must like ABIGOR?

Erik: "Nope. Nope. No. I am actually quite turned-off by this cavalcade of excrements. Just goes to prove what I said: there haven't been much quality in the record business this year. But that's just the sign of the times, I guess."

Dalabu :lol: čudi me da je tako lako odjebao DsO...

Nema tu šta da bude čudno, oni su došli i sada ne postoje drugi satanisti osim njih.

A švedski magazin stavio švedski album na prvo mesto, vidi čuda.

Edited by Uncle Lu

Jebote, zali boze ovakav kvalitetan buklet kad pogledas kakav je smor Lawless darkness. Ne znam sto mi je gore - da poslusam prve 3 numere i onda se totalno smorim, il da krenem od cetvrte i smorim se tu do 5. Al umjereno. Stvarno, kurton od albuma. Ima dobrih momenata, al su i to zasrali sa ovim smornim momentima koji dominiraju supreme

• 1 month later...

Swedish black metallers WATAIN were honored with the "Best Hard Rock" award at the Swedish "Grammis" gala, which was held this past Monday night (January 17) in Stockholm.

Commented WATAIN frontman Erik Danielsson: "I always pictured the criteria for entering the [Grammis] awards to be those of mainstream music in general; conformity, insipidity and commercial potential. In other words, I was quite surprised when we even got nominated. But considering all the blood, sweat and tears we have put into this, our life's mission, during the past 13 years, it is by all means an award well deserved. And no matter what the parameters were by which the jury made their decision, the Devil won again!"

He added, "Even if this music genre will always be one with adversity and wild hearted insanity as its very roots, the artistic value must be acknowledged not only on an underground level but in any cultural circumstance, high or low. Acknowledged I say, not necessarily appreciated. And in a country like Sweden it is about fucking time, for here it has been neglected and stupefied by the mass media for years, while legends such as DISSECTION and BATHORY have been writing and releasing some of the most monumental albums in music history. The [Grammis award] that we have won with WATAIN is a step towards rectification in that matter, and a sign that the artistry and infernal creativity that permeates WATAIN and this genre is being taken seriously. For that we are proud and delighted in accepting the award. As for its market-value or importance in a 'music industry context,' we sincerely could not care less."

The band stated from the stage (translated from Swedish), "Strange mood in here... So far it's been a pretty intense year, even though it's still January... We've had earthquakes in South America, we've had half of Australia lying under water, we've had birds raining from the sky... and now we win a Grammis. One doesn't know whether to laugh or fall back, right? ... We'd like to thank our brothers and sisters, dead and alive. It's very much because of you we stand here this evening. Hail Satan."

• 1 month later...