Savatage

NeSa

Sa myspace Savatage grupe tj. blabbermoutha:

Andy Laudano of HarderBeat.com reports that SAVATAGE/TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA guitarist Chris Caffery recently completed a tour of the U.S. with Germany's Doro Pesch in support of his latest solo CD, "Pins & Needles". He was pulling double duty, opening the show and then playing in Doro's band.

"We've been friends for a long time," Chris explains. "Nick (Douglas), my bass player is in her band. I've played on some of her records and did the DVD with her at Wacken. She needed some help with a guitar player, and I was more than happy to do it. We hooked up, did this tour and everything's been good."

"Pins & Needles" is aggressive, heavy and at times experimental. "I could do what people are expecting and make an album that sounds exactly like SAVATAGE, but that's what Jon's [Oliva] basically doing with his stuff. I'm not here to compete with Jon, I'm just here to do my own stuff."

A lot had been said about SAVATAGE doing something to celebrate the band's upcoming 25th anniversary. There's been speculation that this could be, as fellow SAVATAGE/TSO guitarist Al Pitrelli put it, “the exclamation point at the end of the sentence.”

Caffery is hoping for something more. "Me, personally I don't want to put an exclamation point at the end of the sentence," Chris relates."I hear all the plans that are supposed to happen, and I'm gonna do whatever the band's gonna do, but I would rather the band do a record and a tour and keep doing them. When I hear that there's gonna be an exclamation point and people are going, 'I'm excited,' — then I'm sad. I don't want it to end."

• 3 weeks later...

E jes, ima ovde podforum za Savatage, 'ajd' vucite dupeta, tj kursore...

http://room9.30.forumer.com/

btw

JOP #3- Prepduction is Complete!

Body: Sorry for the delay in keeping our most excellent fans up to date.

Between pre-production, Oliva's TSO obligations, the passing of

our good friend Les Talent.....well let's just say it has been crazy.

So let's bring everyone up to speed on what's been happening.15 songs have been completed and are now in their rehearsal

format for Kevin and I to begin our final preperation's before hitting

Audio Lab in September. He and I will take a week apart to solidify our own idea's before spending a few final day's exchanging idea's and nailing the rythym section to the floor! Kevin and I have been writing, recording and performing together for more than 13 year's. We know how to get it done in the least possible time. But unlike the last record (without all the stupid band turmoil), we will be very well prepared and the bulk of our idea's written in stone. Of course, anything can and will happen once we hit the studio and you can expect a good 20% of our idea's to be spontaneous. We always raise a few eyebrow's at each other after some track's are finished...."Hey, where the f*ck did you come up with that"?......" I don't know, it was actually a mistake.....cool"!

Oliva and company have spent tireless hour's recording, arranging, re-arranging, and more re-arranging. At some point you just have to say "enough" and feel confident that the building block's are firmly in place.............and boy, are they in place! There is so much diversity and texture going into these songs. Some of the material will surprise your sense's and some will just make you smile knowing that Oliva's trademark stamp is still alive and well. There are some very heavy songs, and some bombastic epic's......just what you would expect from an Oliva/JOP record. Now that we have arrived at the start of JOP#3, and the machine is now 4 year's old....it run's like clock-work!.....This recording is going to the most fun and challenging yet!

The title of the CD and artwork concept are complete. AFM has approved all of our idea's with great enthusiasm. The schedule of event's for the next 4-6 weeks will be rehearsal, Drum and bass tracks recorded, and then back to rehearsal for the Bourbon Street show-Oliva's solo gig at PP-Atlanta- and our headling appearance at Prog-Power Europe on Sunday October 7. From there it is all JOP #3 until we turn in the final master to AFM by the end of November. Tentative release date is set for February 28th in Europe.....A US date has yet to be determined.

Hope you are pumped up for the next installment of JOP! We are pulling out all the stops on this one and we certainly have some crazy idea's in mind. We are going to wake-up your senses, your ear's and make you think!

Cheers to you all........See you soon!

\m/

Fanovi omiljenog nam benda Savatage, na forumu room9 distribucije postoji SAVATAGE SERBIA FAN FORUM...

FORUM - SSFF

Na tom delu foruma trenutno se prica o pravljenju MAJICA benda SAVATAGE, i da se osmisli neko vece - pustanje zike istog benda...

PA ono..uclanite se da smislimo nesto konstruktivno tugedr!!!

:D

• 4 weeks later...
I svi fanovi koji vole Savatage - nije mi jasno zasto vas nema na forumu room9.co.nr/

:(:no: :no:

Ja obozavam Savatage, kao i Virgin Steele, Running Wild, Agent Steel...i sad kad bi za svaki od njih postojao fan forum, sta da radim sa zivota ja? Da oblecem forume po ceo dan i da praiseujem bend u nebesa... svako je fan na svoj nachin, a to sto se neko ne prijavi na forum ne znachi da je manji fan od onog na forumu..

Ja obozavam Savatage, kao i Virgin Steele, Running Wild, Agent Steel...i sad kad bi za svaki od njih postojao fan forum, sta da radim sa zivota ja? Da oblecem forume po ceo dan i da praiseujem bend u nebesa... svako je fan na svoj nachin, a to sto se neko ne prijavi na forum ne znachi da je manji fan od onog na forumu..

Pa da, ali ovo je srpski fan forum. U tome je jedina razlika. :D

I nije poenta moja bila da bilo kome kazem da je manji fan, nego svi znate/znamo da toliko vremena provodimo online, a sta je klik-dva vise na jos jedan forum koji bi bilo dobro da podignemo... Pritom tamo na forumu su planovi za majice (kojih verovatno nece biti jer nas je malo) i za Savatage veceri u Beogradu da pravimo ili sta god vezano za isti bend.

Toliko.

Ni ja nisam toliko aktivan clan na Blind Guardian serbian forumu - bend koji isto mnogo volim, pa? :D hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Pa i nismo, bend je nastavio da svira, ali su podeljeni po drugim bendovima, to već znate, ali kao Savatage su svirali kod nas poslednji put.

Jedino što još Jon Oliva's Pain je bukvalno drugi Savatage, jer baš mnogo pesama sviraju starih... :D

• 3 months later...