Sepultura

aleksej

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@ Talvi:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-02-11/news/for-reasons-unknown/1

The Cavaleras and Davenport made the four-hour drive from Heathrow to Donnington. Sepultura guitarist Andreas Kisser knocked on their hotel room door shortly after they arrived.

"Andreas told me to come out in the hall, and he said, 'I'm sorry to tell you Dana has been in an accident,'" says Gloria. "I said, 'Please don't tell me he's dead.' He got a blank look and said, 'I'm afraid so.' Then I started screaming."

Heavy-metal legend Ozzy Osbourne, also booked to play the festival, lent the Cavaleras his private jet so they could fly home immediately.

Friends and family had already gathered at the house when the aggrieved trio landed. Max Cavalera and Metallica bassist Jason Newsted holed up in Dana's room, making a mix tape for the next day's memorial service. Gloria went to the funeral home to see her son.

"I just--I remember Dana in the coffin," she says. "He was covered in plastic. It's very hard. You don't ever plan on making funeral arrangements for your son."

Max laže, kao i obično, ne vidim kako misli da se ujedine, a napada ih, nimalo fer, sve vreme, prošli put je izjavio da je zapelo kod para kada je Kisser u pitanju, sada ispada da nije. Neka svako tera svoju stvar, ionako su sve uprskali pre 13 godina i to ponajviše Maxovom glupošću

Edited by bernad panasonik

Teško da je to dokazivo. Oni su se odmah nakon Doningtona vratili na sahranu u Feniks, a onda je Gloria bez konsultovanja ostale trojice otkazala sve koncerte u naredna dva meseca. Kada je malo kasnije Igoru dete zamalo umrlo usled prevremenog porođaja, turneja nije prekidana. Tokom cele Roots turneje, još pre Doningtona, Max se odvajao od benda, izbegavajući komunikaciju, atmosfera je bila loša pa su Paolo i Igor povremeno odlazili u bus u kome su bili roudiji. Glorija je trebalo da bude otpuštena još krajem 1994., ali je Andreas nagovorio Igora da to ne rade, jer puno učinila za bend.

• 3 weeks later...

Brazilian/American thrashers SEPULTURA have inked a deal with Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser: "We are happy to be at Nuclear Blast, especially in the year we are celebrating 25 years of history, and it is a great honor for us to join forces with the most metal label in the world. I am sure this will be a great journey for both of us and we are already working on new material while on the road.

"Let's go for another 25 years!"

Added Nuclear Blast A&R manager Jaap Wagemaker: "Yes, you got that right! Another great thrash band has joined the Nuclear family!

"We have been following the band around Andreas and Derrick [Green, vocals] for quite some time now and every time when we saw them play live, we were equally impressed by the sheer energy that they create on stage!

"After inviting the band to come to Donzdorf [Germany; Nuclear Blast's worldwide headquarters] and having some talks with them, we soon found out that we are all on the same page regarding what would be best for the future of SEPULTURA!

"After 25 years of forging high-class thrash metal, the band is more alive than ever and we at Nuclear Blast are very happy that together with SEPULTURA we will work on another successful chapter in that history! A new album will be out in 2011 and judging from what we heard from the band, the best is yet to come!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SEPULTURA members Andreas Kisser (guitar) and Paulo Xisto Pinto Jr. (bass) were interviewed for the summer 2010 issue of U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the possibility of a reunion of the band's classic lineup, featuring Max Cavalera on guitar/lead vocals and his brother, Igor Cavalera, on drums:

Paulo: "No. There's no reason to have a reunion. The only reason to have a reunion would be the money and that's it.

"We have no contact [with Max], no nothing.

"In Brazil, there's a saying, 'zero on the left,' which means nothing. For me it's like that — gone.

"He [Max] left the band because he wanted to.

"'Keep going with your life, leave me alone; I have nothing to do with you anymore. Do your thing, let me do my thing.' And that's it. I don't care.

"Whatever he is doing; if he's happy, good.

"I am happy with [what the current lineup of SEPULTURA is doing] and that's what I'm sticking to.

"We don't want to go and fuck up this lineup."

On Max's claim that everyone was into the reunion but that Andreas wanted more money:

Andreas: "It's not money. Money could be on the table — as it was — but we have to enjoy ourselves.

"Like I say, we are not slaves of our situation; that I have to go there because I was part of something successful ten or fifteen years ago.

"I have a lot more fun playing with SEPULTURA today than ever.

"We have everything very much organized. We don't have band managers like we used to. We have a much clearer situation of the business.

"We took our road, the hard road, but it was a learning road.

"Max is a really great riff player. As a singer, he has a voice that is very characteristic. He is very charismatic on stage.

"He left [and] we respect that. We took the burden. He took all the good.

"Why would he want to come back now? If you are so happy doing the stuff you are doing, be that.

"I've heard so much stuff that Max has said over the years, but, as I said, money is not an issue.

"The first time they approached us was some ridiculous offer, and me and Paulo had to share ten percent of it all or something stupid like that.

"I am not going on stage as a puppet. I am a musician, for life.

"If we are going to do this, then we have to do it properly. I am not going to practice one day to do one show, one gig after so long, disrespecting our history, disrespecting our fans, just to be there to fulfill some expecations of management, of booking agents. And they want to talk about money? They don't have to show their faces, we have to."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Revolver: SEPULTURA in their current lineup recently announced they'd be playing the album "Arise" in its entirety. But weren't you the primary writer for SEPULTURA around then?

Max: At home I did the same style of writing I do with SOULFLY. I give credit to the guys. Igor came up with a lot of the original beats, like to "Territory". As we got better, he played better. The only musician that didn't improve much at the time was Paulo [Jr., bass]. I think the first album he recorded for was "Roots". Everything else was me and Andreas [Kisser, guitar] doing the bass because he couldn't really play that good. But we were friends, so we were like, "Yeah you can stay in the band, we won't kick you out. When we play, we'll just turn you really down so nobody hears."

To se znalo i pre, stoji odavno na Sepultribe sajtu, i Paolo je pricao o tome. Meni je zanimljivije da Max nije, kao i obicno, propustio priliku da slaze, posto je Paolo odsvirao bas i na Chaos A.D. albumu. Takodjer, Jr trenutno svira puno preciznije nego Max koji kao da je izgubio sav interes za sviranjem gitare. O Maxovom sviranju gitare najbolje svedoci Primitive Future sa Rock In Rio festivala 1991., tonac je pojacao njega, a zaboravio Kissera, onakvog drljanja bi se postideli i crust bendovi. Izjava mu je maliciozna, kao i uvek kada prica o Sepulturi, ispada da je on napisao sve, pa onda bio velikodusan. Vecina textova na Arise je Kisserova. Kad je toliko superioran autor zasto vec decenijama pravi jadne, jedne te iste, ploce. Novi album stize u aprilu za Nuclear Blast, kada idu na americku turneju sa Belphegor, Keep Of Kalessin, Hate, Neuraxis, Bonded By Blood i zadnjih par termina sa Nevermore.

Edited by bernad panasonik
  • Upvote 2

Maks opet serenda, neumoran je:

Sonic Excess: The classic SEPULTURA lineup reunion is always a subject, and it almost happened. Why did it fall though? I also heard that you will join SEPULTURA for Rock in Rio III. If this is true, will Igor be joining you?

Max: I have not heard anything about that, as far as trying to get SEPULTURA back together. I did call Andreas, and I had a real good talk with him. It sounded like he wanted to do it, and I had Igor onboard for the reunion. I think the only person preventing it is Paulo. I don't know why, but I think Paulo is really against the reunion. People should ask him why he is so against it, because I think it would be a great think for the fans to see the original lineup. SEPULTURA was one of the most important bands in the metal scene, and it would have been really cool to do it. I don't need a reunion, because SOULFLY and CAVALERA CONSPIRACY are doing great, but I would like to do it for the fans to show them we had this kick-ass band. We can do it again, but people should ask Paulo why it doesn't appeal to him.

Max vs. Paolo pt.2

Sonic Excess: The classic SEPULTURA lineup reunion is always a subject, and it almost happened. Why did it fall though? I also heard that you will join SEPULTURA for Rock in Rio III. If this is true, will Igor be joining you?

Max: I have not heard anything about that, as far as trying to get SEPULTURA back together. I did call Andreas, and I had a real good talk with him. It sounded like he wanted to do it, and I had Igor onboard for the reunion. I think the only person preventing it is Paulo. I don't know why, but I think Paulo is really against the reunion. People should ask him why he is so against it, because I think it would be a great think for the fans to see the original lineup. SEPULTURA was one of the most important bands in the metal scene, and it would have been really cool to do it. I don't need a reunion, because SOULFLY and CAVALERA CONSPIRACY are doing great, but I would like to do it for the fans to show them we had this kick-ass band. We can do it again, but people should ask Paulo why it doesn't appeal to him.

Razmere njegovog kretenluka su kosmicke :). Stalno prica o reunionu i stalno ispljuje ovu dvojicu. Ko bi normalan hteo reunion posle toga?!?