The Devin Townsend Band

• 4 weeks later...

Canadian musician/producer Devin Townsend will release a monumental box set called "Contain Us". The set, which was designed and created by Man Alive's Tom Bejgrowicz (who also conceived the classic and must-have MISFITS "Coffin" box set), is the ultimate collection for every diehard Devin fan. Some highlights of the box are outlined below.

* A 12" x 12", 64-page, perfect bound book featuring a charcoal linen hardcover with ink-less debossing of the DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT logo on the front and applicable titling on the spine.

* DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT albums will be housed within the front cover's pastedown while the four unreleased discs will be in the back's.

* 500 individually-numbered, limited edition copies that include two exclusive items: A. An autographed lithographic print featuring original artwork by Devin drawn exclusively for this edition and B. a 10-inch piece of vinyl featuring two exclusive tracks.

devinbox.jpg

Jos 4 nova diska muzike!? I u to se ne racunaju Epicloud i Ziltoid 2.... Odakle?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166259

With last week's more than highly successful the DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT album shows in London done and over, it's time for the Canadian musician/producer to focus on bigger things. Much bigger things… In fact, the biggest show he's ever done.

Commented Devin: "This last week was probably THE defining moment in my life, let alone my career, in many ways.

"I've had some intense gigs and experiences in music before, but all pale in comparison to the four sold-out shows in London where we played all four DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT records, with four different bands, night after night. Everyone worked incredibly hard, and each of us gave 100% to pull it off, bands, players, management, label, and audience. It was awesome!

"So here's the next big gig: Next October 27th, at the amazing Roundhouse in London, We're putting on the most definitive 'Devin' show to date. A culmination of my ENTIRE career with a star lineup and full supporting cast.

"The show is being called 'The Retinal Circus', (named after an old Vancouver club in the '60s, famous for psychedelic rock shows) and will be more than just a musical performance… there will be an art exhibition, actors, Ziltoid, stilt walkers, fire breathers… you name it.

"My goal has always been to make SHOWS, and this is the first opportunity I have been given to do a high-end production that puts it all together! It's the closest Saturday to Halloween, and the goal is to make something amazing that we can all enjoy… details to come… psychedelic!

"My career has been full of amazing musicians, and there will be plenty of them present at this show, and I'll be playing music that has never been attempted due to the size of the songs and the need for certain things. It will be recorded for a DVD, of course, and it's going to be a pretty intense experience… We have a year to make it perfect, so I just wanted to give you some hints! The VIP package will be available with special goodies among other exclusive things.

"Anyways, I'm back to work here…

"I hope to see you there. I'm beyond excited to have this opportunity; we're not taking it lightly!"

General-admission tickets will go on sale tomorrow (Friday, November 18) via the HevyDevy.com web site, where also 50 very exclusive VIP tickets will be made available. The content for these VIP packages may change slightly leading up to the date but confirmed for now are:

* Meet-and-greet with the full band

- Early entry to the show to get the best seats (might change to reserved seating; to be confirmed)

* Tour of the venue showing the production and everything else that goes with it.

* Have your picture taken with Devin and/or band by a professional photographer.

* High-quality Devin Townsend bag containing:

* VIP laminate and lanyard

* Exclusive VIP t-shirt

* Exclusive VIP tour poster printed on canvas

* Additional goodies confirmed though exact specs to be confirmed

Edited by azal