Edguy

• 3 weeks later...

Solidan album, ali objektivno gledano, ubedljivo najslabiji Edguy cd.

Tesko ga je uopste porediti sa power periodom.

Ako ga stavimo pored albuma sa kojima ide po stilu, HC i RR moj utisak je ovakav:

-fali par jacih pesama kao sto su Navigator, Sacrifice, Asylum, Piper itd...

-album je prekratak (uvek slusam HC sa dodatnim pesmama sa 2 singla (18 pesama) i RR sa Superheroes EP (16 pesama). Navikao sam na 75min a dobio 45, pa samim tim fali dosta stvari i album se cini nekompletnim.

-humor je definitivno jedna stvar koja izdvaja Edguy od ostalih slicnih bendova, a na ovom albumu je po meni podbacio

-gitara nema taj jebacki zvuk kao na HC i RR, iako odavno koketiraju sa Hard Rockom, ovde su preterali

-album mi je dosadan sam po sebi, i tesko mi je da ga preslusam u celini, prija mi na shuffle kada su u plejlisti i prethodna 2 albuma. Vidi se da ima otpadaka koji nisu prosli na Avantasia: Wicked Symphony i Angel of Babylon, sa par stvari koje su sklepali na brzaka.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bio neki pre-listening party, neki lik sa Edguy foruma je bio tamo, evo utisci:

Robin Hood

The album starts with a mid-tempo song that sounds so typically Edguy as it can get. Powerful choirs and keyboards, the middle part is a bit calmer, almost spherical, and contains something like a little audio play where you can hear battle noises and alike in the background, you feel put into a respective scene -corresponding to the title- in a deep, dark forest and Tobi slips into a kind of narrative chanting. Then the song turns hard again with an Edguy trademark refrain. This song easily could have been on the Hellfire Club as well, and I could observe pleased nods from the journalists.

Nobody's Hero

It's quite a fast song which in parts even comes across as aggressive. The bridge lets you prick up your ears, the song lives from the changes of mood from melodic to aggressive. A very dynamic piece of music.

Rock Of Cashel

A very rocking start which encourages you to bang your head. The refrain gets something fresh by the keyboards in the background and the middle part with flutes, lutes etc. and a Celtic touch transfers you to the medieval age. This is really lively, it is fun, and the medieval mood continues for the remainder of the song.

Pandora's Box

It starts with a Country-/ Western sound which all in all is a bit more "evi" than the other songs. Very great refrain, almost anthemic. This song has got the blues and the country rock which later turns up again is just fun. Quite a long song and I just can't get the grin off my face. In my opinion the best song so far! It is probably the most uncommon song on this album but at the same time one of the best!

Breathe

A really fast start with guitars and keyboards, the sound shoots to your feet immediately and you are tempted to tap your feet and move your head. That' how we want to hear Edguy! This is the fastest song so far, the speed only slows down a bit during the solo and then in the middle part where you only hear vocals and guitars. Then the hard stuff is back on. Very melodic and just breathtaking! Also one of my favourites.

Two Out Of Seven

A mid-tempo song with a slightly "trendy" start but then it gets almost progressive. For me it's the song which is most difficult to categorize, somehow I can't find a real access yet. The lyrics seem to be about album critics in music magazines and at the end there is a sample of Tobi's typical Humour.

Fire on the downline

It's got a very calm beginning which lets you expect a ballad. However, the song evelops into a pretty rocking one with just temporary ballad-like background. The refrain sounds almost like a typical power ballad but overall the song is much too hard to be classified as such. At the end it even gets really heavy.

Behind The Gates To Midnight World

This song sounds really dark and evil! Very heavy with calmer parts here and there. The "evil" sound gets moderated from time to time, just like in the very melodic, almost melancholic refrain, just to give you the real blast again immediately thereafter. Fantastic! Tobi in this song changes his singing style often and shows the variance of his voice and what he's able to do with it. Sometimes he sings evil and dark, then again light and clear. The solo sounds almost spherical and at the end there's a small progressive touch to the sound. That will puzzle all the headbangers, hehe! A great song, also one of my favourites.

"Age Of The Joker" offers a great mixture of styles and it unbelievably versatile, there are some small or even bigger surprises and the album lives from all the different influences. Tobi all in all sings less low-pitched, less "evil" than on Tinnitus Sanctus, but with more variety. The whole album is really diversified and shows a dazzling array that I did not expect. I am really thrilled! Prepare yourself for something!

Most likely in total there will be nine songs on the album and we were allowed to listen to the eight described above (which hadn't been mastered but that didn't reduce the pleasure at all!).

Izbacili su novi sajt http://www.edguy.net/eng/index.php

Konacno je izasao i ceo tracklist (do sada smo znali za 8 pesama):

1. ROBIN HOOD

2. NOBODY'S HERO

3. ROCK OF CASHEL

4. PANDORA'S BOX

5. BREATHE

6. TWO OUT OF SEVEN

7. FACES IN THE DARKNESS

8. THE ARCANE GUILD

9. FIRE ON THE DOWNLINE

10. BEHIND THE GATES TO MIDNIGHT WORLD

11. EVERY NIGHT WITHOUT YOU

Izlazi 26.avgusta

the album has a running time of well over one hour

"The "Age of the Joker“ album is a really solid, well composed, filled with variations, work. It will most certainly be a highlight of the year for all Heavy Metal fans. Much better than "Tinnitus Sanctus“ and with an interesting 80s rock touch. Edguy follows its own way, and this is good!“ Rock Hard (F) / Francois Blanc

Edited by DBrave
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Imate na sajtu kratke klipove sa 4 pesme, meni najvise zvuci kao nastavak Rocket Ride stila.

Najavljen je i bonus disk, na kome ce konacno biti Standing In The Rain, to je pesma koja je trebala da izadje jos pre dva albuma, ali je stalno bili visak po izdavackoj kuci...

• 2 weeks later...

German melodic metallers EDGUY have just returned from the video shoot for "Robin Hood", the opening track from the band's forthcoming album "Age Of The Joker". Video director Oliver Sommer (AVANTASIA, NENA, HELLOWEEN) and the band decided to satirize the Errol Flynn film "The Adventures Of Robin Hood". The miniature epic was shot in the forest with a large number of additional actors, starring German TV comedian Bernhard Hoecker in two different leading roles.

Commented EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet: "When you decide to do things like that, of course, you have to be aware that you will most likely make a fool out of yourself. We had to wear tights and looked a bit like four idiots and one transvestite. But we have come to a point we don't care so much anymore. We feel like being in a luxury position where the record label gives us a lot of money to waste for really silly things like sneaking through the forest and looking like idiots.

"The shooting was one of the funniest days in our career, and that means something. Although it was hard work — the rain, the mud, soaking wet tights, angry horses, carriage, a lot of travesty, sword fighting and hurting smile muscles. You gotta check it out!"

The "Robin Hood" single will be released on August 5 and will be available as a digital download and on green vinyl.

The video version of the song was cut down to five minutes, but the album version has a running time of more than eight minutes.

edguyrobin.jpg

edguyrobinvideo.jpg