Shining

Grobodan

• 1 month later...

Following an announcement on the band’s Facebook page recently, Sweden’s SHINING has revealed the artwork for the upcoming split with MORTUARY DRAPE as well as posting a teaser for the SHINING track. Titled “In the Eerie Cold Where All the Witches Dance” and set for release on Primitive Art Records, the 7” vinyl will contain an exclusive track from each of the bands. The two tracks will only be released on the split and will not appear on any album. The teaser for the track can be heard above and at http://soundcloud.com/shining-official/shining-teaser-from-in-the

Commenting about the SHINING track on the original announcement of the split, frontman and founder Niklas Kvarforth said: “In 1998 a song was written which was intended for inclusion on our first album. However, somehow we were not able to record it properly, whichforced us to re-record “Endless Solitude” instead. At the next Abyss session we faced the same problem and after that, the then-titled “One With The Endless”, was left out as we were certain the song had a curse written all over it. Quite recently, we gave it a third shot, and this time the curse was embraced instead of the opposite. A strange phenomena reinventing itself in every way possible, and, for some odd reason, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t write any suitable lyrics, and once again considered leaving it be. I did however have a very close friend of mine in the studio who not only came up with a new lyrical theme for the song but was also given my full blessings to sing it

SHINING_intheeeriecoldwhereallwitchesdance_7vinyl_zps3ad70476.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DARK ESSENCE RECORDS is set to release an album with different SHINING songs that hark back to an earlier era for the band. Rather than simply re-issue the original tracks, SHINING has decided not only to re-record the songs, but re-record them using a number of different vocalists. The album, which will be available in both CD and LP versions will be titled “8 ½ – Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd” and will appear in September of this year.

Commenting on the idea behind the album, SHINING founder and frontman Niklas Kvarforth had this to say: “Some of you may remember that five years ago we revealed that we had plans to re-record our debut album and then have six different vocalists doing their own interpretations of the songs instead of merely having them singing on the already set paradigms. You may also be aware that recently we have been working extremely hard to reclaim our birthright by releasing older bootlegs through our web-shop in an effort to put an end to this fucking bootlegging bullshit that has been infecting our aura for as long as we’ve been around. So we thought that since the new SHINING full-length album is still in the making now would be the right time to combine a bit of both those projects.

“8 ½ – Febedrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd” consist of six songs from the “Livets Ändhållplats” and “Angst” era in their original pre-production versions, with newly recorded bass and guitars on top and the malevolent brilliance of Lars Fredrik Fröslie’s keyboard magic, which sadly we didn’t start using until the sixth album. Six vocalists whom we all find both inspiring and “otherworldly” have blessed the album with their madness, some of them even in their native languages. At first, my initial thought was that it might turn out a bit too strange. But after hearing some of our classic songs in French, Hungarian and Norwegian I am certain the whole concept will please not only our loyal fan-base but even the contemptuous ones as well”.

Martin Kvam of DARK ESSENCE RECORDS, one of Norway’s leading Extreme Metal labels said: “We’re very pleased to be working with Niklas Kvarforth on this special SHINING release. DARK ESSENCE RECORDS have always aimed to work with both innovation and tradition in the extreme metal genre, and this release is a perfect example of that. “8 ½ – Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd” looks back, but at the same time, it also brings new life and new elements to these classic songs.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The long-awaited details about which vocalists would be featuring on “8 ½ – Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd”, the new album from Sweden’s SHINING, have been announced today, and not unsurprisingly Niklas Kvarforth has chosen some of the most iconic frontmen from the Extreme Metal genre, as well as a some perhaps surprising choices, to take part in the project. Track listing on “8 ½ – Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd”and featured vocalists as follows:

1. Terres Des Anonymes featuring FAMINE of PESTE NOIRE

2. Szabadulj Meg Önmagadtól featuring ATTILA CSIHAR of MAYHEM, TORMENTOR

3. Ett Liv Utan Mening featuring PEHR LARSSON of ALFAHANNE

4. Selvdestruktivitetens Emissarie featuring GAAHL of GOD SEED, WARDRUNA, EX GORGOROTH

5. Black Industrial Misery featuring MANIAC of SKITLIV, EX MAYHEM

6. Through Corridors Of Oppression featuring KVARFORTH himself

The six songs on “8 ½ – Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd” date back to SHINING’s “Livets Ändhållplats” and “Angst” era and are in their original pre-production form, with the addition of newly recorded bass and guitars as well as Lars Fredrik Fröslie on keyboards (ANGST SKVADRON, WOBBLER, ASMEGIN), which the band didn’t start using until their sixth album. Set for release on DARK ESSENCE RECORDS on the 23rd September “8 ½ – Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd” will be available both in CD and limited edition black or white 12” vinyl versions, with liner notes by Niklas Kvarforth. All three versions are now available to pre-order from Dark Essence Records at http://karismarecord.../artist/shining or direct from the band at http://www.shininglegions.com/.

SHINING founder and frontman Niklas Kvarforth has wanted to do this project for many years now, and he allowed all the vocalists free reign to interpret the songs as they wished and also to sing in their own native languages. Something that Dark Essence’s Martin Kvam feels fits right in with the label’s ethos of mixing tradition with innovation. “With “28 ½ – Feberdrömmar I Vaket Tillstånd” SHINING has really encapsulated what we enjoy doing most as a label, looking back as it does to an earlier period, but with a completely fresh approach and different interpretation of what have now become classics in the field of Extreme Metal. SHINING fans are certainly not going to be disappointed when they hear what this album has to offer.”

SHINING-frontPR_zps7cd41311.jpg

koji all-star

pobeda je što Atila peva na mađarskom :D

Edited by Talvi

in their original pre-production form, with the addition of newly recorded bass and guitars as well as Lars Fredrik Fröslie on keyboards

Znači, samo su bubnjevi sa originalnog snimka? :haha:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://soundcloud.com/season-of-mist/benighted-spit

samo da izbace ovo toliko izfurano riganje tj najpametnije bi bilo da su niklasa pustili sve da izvristi jer lezi na ovo ludilo 1/1.inace odavno me nije nista ovako na prvu loptu oduvalo,niklas pod hitno mora da nadje neku dobru furacinu da vristi,prejaka kombinacija.

• 3 months later...
Shining signs with Season of Mist. Statement from Niklas Kvarforth: "After a long period of negotiations and discussions that lasted almost eight years, I have now chosen to grant Season Of Mist the privilege of releasing the next SHINING album. We have also once again decided to work with Andy La Roque and record at his Sonic Train facilities. The ceremony is set to begin in September, and thus my ninth child can be expected in early 2015".