Obscura

azal

• 1 month later...

Guitarist Christian Muenzner (OBSCURA) has revealed the cover artwork and track listing for his upcoming, all-instrumental solo album, "Timewarp". The CD features Hannes Grossmann (OBSCURA, BLOTTED SCIENCE) on drums and Daniel Galmarini (MERCURY FALLING) on keyboards, with bass duties split between Steve DiGiorgio (DEATH, SADUS, ex-TESTAMENT, ex-ICED EARTH) and Jacob Schmidt (DEFEATED SANITY). Due by the end of April, it features guest appearances by Shrapnel recording artists Derek Taylor, Per Nilsson (SCAR SYMMETRY, KAIPA), Ryan Knight (THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ex-ARSIS), Bob Katsionis (FIREWIND) and Alex Guth (STORMWARRIOR).

"Timewarp" track listing:

01. Maybe Tomorrow

02. Confusion

03. The Tell-Tale Heart

04. Timewarp

05. Victory

06. Rocket Shop

07. Soulmates

08. Over The Mountains

09. Wastelands

10. Dawn Of The Shred

11. The Gunslinger

12. Endless Caravan

The cover artwork was created by Anestis Goudas and can be seen below.

muenzertime.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jbt da li je moguće da se o najboljem albumu Obscure najmanje pričalo na temi?

Meni Omnivium najbolji rad ovog benda, konačno su došli do nekog svog izražaja i uhvatili neku svoju foru, samo mi i dalje bode uho tanka produkcija, posebno bubanj koji je baš "tačkast". Ali ipak, jedan od najboljih albuma godine u ovoj grani death metala za mene.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA - July 7, 2011

Bassist Jeroen Paul Thesseling has left German progressive death metallers OBSCURA. In a statement released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Jeroen tutored him in righteousness, "Due to repetitive conflicting schedules with job related obligations I have decided to depart OBSCURA. Beside the limited availability that kept me away from touring during the last months, I feel like taking new directions in my musical development.

"Looking back, the cooperation with OBSCURA has been positive and successful. However, it's time to move on and find new challenges and opportunities for my musical career.

"I would like to thank all the fans who supported us and wish OBSCURA all the best with their future work."

In other news, German bass manufacturer Warwick recently released a brand new seven-string fretless custom shop model for Jeroen.

Due to the ultra-low tuning that was used for the recordings of PESTILENCE's "Doctrine" album, Jeroen wanted to work with a low F-sharp string. Right after the studio sessions, Hans Peter Wilfer, founder and managing director of Warwick, decided to support Thesseling by producing a fretless seven-string version of their famous classic Thumb NT series.

Thesseling, known for his signature fretless playing in progressive death metal, joined OBSCURA in 2007 and recorded the band's full-length albums "Cosmogenesis" (2009) and "Omnivium" (2011), both released via Relapse Records. In 2009 Jeroen rejoined the Dutch death metallers PESTILENCE after a 15-year hiatus. He recorded PESTILENCE's fourth and sixth studio albums, "Spheres" (1993) and "Doctrine" (2011).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

German progressive metal quartet OBSCURA will release its first-ever demo collection, entitled "Illegimitation", independently in March 2012. The collection will contain ten never-before-heard tracks, including the band's earliest recordings from 2003, unreleased songs from the "Cosmogenesis" sessions in 2006, and brand new cover songs featuring the band's current lineup.

Sticking to its reputation of being one of the genre's most forward-thinking bands, OBSCURA has decided to release a special, limited-time pre-order for "Illegimitation" through Kickstarter.com.

The album's numerous, unique packages are available directly from the band now at this location.

Commented OBSCURA's Steffen Kummerer: "This will be a independent release so we can give our fans the opportunity to participate in the project and offer special packages such as a lifelong free entry to all OBSCURA shows, limited-edition items, face-to-face lessons with our members, and tour used gear from the band!"

"Illegimitation" track listing:

"Illegimitation" Demo (2003)

01. ...And All Will Come To An End

02. Crucified

03. Fear

04. Immanent Desaster

"Cosmogenesis" Pre-Production Recordings (2006)

05. Incarnated

06. Open The Gates

07. Headworm

2011 Recordings:

08. Flesh And The Power It Holds (DEATH cover)

09. Piece Of Time (ATHEIST cover)

10. How Could I (CYNIC cover)

obscurademo.jpg

Jesu.

To je tako očigledan potez čisto da se napuni prostor na disku da nema dalje.

A meni kaže lik: "We're a progressive heavy metal band. I can identify with bands like Iron Maiden much more..." i onda ovako neke sitnice, i posle je Đavo kriv što ih zovu rip off bendom.

Nema veze, poslednji album je i dalje sjajan.

Bas cu overiti poslednji, vidim da ga hvalis. Inace, verujem da ce "Illegimitation" demo biti skroz nezanimljiv Obscura fanovima, posto nema veze sa "Cosmogenesis" zvukom, al' aj. Zato mi je i besmisleno celo ovo izdanje (punjenje dzepova parama excluded).