Primal Fear

Baal

Pazite ovo,zanimljiva vest...

News from the Primal Fear official site on Oct. 9th 2004 has some fans worried about the band's future. Speculations on what this means for the band's sound have already begun. Thoughts of a metalcore / nu-metal version of the band have many worried already. Hopefully the changes will not be in that direction! Here is what the site had to say:

"...the band is in early stages to make plans for the new album recordings & mixes. Fact is, that the guys have plans for a complete rework of their sound & image....and still be Primal Fear 2005 - watch out for some updates on the songwriting and the recording process in the near future here!"

Ma to je samo medijska igra tako su i Rhapsody planirali da sviraju black sympho metal pa ništa. Jednostavno moraju nešto da promene pa tu promenu šire i na stvari koje se ne tiču muzike već medijske pažnje i popularizacije.

Biće to PF album sa nekin novitetima jer sa zadnjim albumom definitivno upadaju u klopku ponavljanja.

Pozdrav!

Za mene su oni uvijek bili i ostali odlichan bend. A to su dokazali i sa ovim zadnjim albumom Devil's ground, koji je mozda i najbolji koji su do sad uradili. Metal forever je prava metal himna uz odlican tekst. Jedina stvar koja mi se ne svidja i koja je bezveze otpjevana od ralfove strane je Formula one. Ostale omiljene sem Metal is forever su: Under your spell, Nuclear fire, Church of blood itd.

Nadam se da su ovo samo shpekulacije i da nece mijenajti pravac.

Primal Fear mi je jedan od omiljenih bendova.Ne slažem se kad ih neko upoređuje sa Judas Priest jer obe grupe sviraju različite stilove.

Znači JP je klasičan NWOBHM dok je PF klasičan Germany Power Metal, to što je RS pevački idol Rob H. i što on pokušava da ga malo kopira što voklano i stilski nemože se odma dati konstatacija da su kopije JP.

Nuclear Fire icon_rockdevil.gificon_rockdevil.gificon_rockdevil.gif

Pozdrav!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Primal Fear - Seven Seals

ARTIST........: Primal Fear

TITLE.........: Seven Seals

LABEL.........: Nuclear Blast

URL...........:

GENRE.........: Metal

QUALITY:......: 235kbps avg / 44100Hz / Joint Stereo

RIP DATE......: 2005-09-15

RELEASE DATE..: 2005-10-24

Tracklist:

----------

01. Demons And Angels 5:32

02. Rollercoaster 4:28

03. Seven Seals 3:54

04. Evil Spell 4:32

05. The Immortal Ones 4:19

06. Diabolus 7:54

07. All For One 7:53

08. Carniwar 3:17

09. Question Of Honour 7:26

10. In Memory 5:07

Total 54:22

Radi se o sasvim solidnom albumu na osnovu jednog preslusavanja u ovako umornom stanju. Heavy metal standard, melodicno, cvrsto, refreni koji se lako pamte, daklem na prvi pogled album koji ce se svideti ljubiteljima heavy zvuka. Nema tu nisat spektakularno ili novativno, nema izmisljanja tople vode, sto meni ni malo ne smeta ako je muzika sama po sebi dobra.

Meni se za sada posebno svidela pesam "Evil Spell" koja je brza i strasno zarazna icon_rockdevil.gif

Videcemo kako ce se vremenom pokazati, za sada mogu samo konstatovati da ga vredi imati.

• 2 weeks later...

Skinuh i ja novi album,i mogu reci da je mnogo dobar.Iskreno,ocekivao sam vise,ali tek sam jednom preslusao ceo album pa cu konacan sud dati kada se utisci slegnu.Ovako na prvo slusanje mi se najvise svidela "Rollercoaster"...sjajna stvar.U svakom slucaju,tipican Primal Fear,nema filozofije...sto je i dobro!

Vanish,ne slazem se sa tobom da su im poslednji albumi prosek...naprotiv,sjajni su.

• 2 weeks later...

Ljudi Seven Seals osobama koje slusaju metal jedino moze da se ne svidi ak'su maloumn! Drvlje i kamenje..ali mrtav ozbiljan sam. Ovaj album je najbolji PF do sada! Konachno da izbace nesto a da pola njega ne podseca na Prieste icon_da.gif

SAm album se razlikuje od prethodnih, ima mnogo vishe atmosfericnih delova, songwriting je u pm kvalitetniji nego na(njihovom najgorem) "Devils Ground"! Ima headbangera, sing along delova kolko oces!(Ralf nikada nije bolje pevao nego ovde), lepih leadova...nema sta nema! icon_smile.gif

DAkle od mene 10/10..i jak konkurent za najbolji heavy album godine

WE ARE THE IMMORTAL ONES

WE WENT TO HELL AND BACK AGAIIIIIN!!!!

Edited by Vanish To Perfection

Pa,dobro,makar si bar malo blizu istine,imamo slican ukus.

Ako je bar upola dobar kao prva 3,puna kapa.

xexe,evo jedne fine recenzije...

Look, let’s get one thing straight right from the start of this review: Primal Fear are cheesey. In fact, they’re officially cheesier than the entire works of Dio, Saxon and Manowar being dipped in a giant fondue set. That being said, some of my favourite albums of all time have reeked of stilton: “Painkiller” wasn’t dairy free, and nor was “Ace of Spades”, truth be told. Consider then, if your metal nostrils can stomach the stench of all things cheese based, and if they can, read on.

That out of the way, I really enjoyed this album a tremendous amount. I first saw and heard Primal Fear at the first Bloodstock festival (I was there to see Skyclad, honest), and had

only heard that they sounded a bit like the Priest. They impressed me quite a bit, but being predominantly a death, thrash and doom merchant myself, I never really delved into their catalogue, which on the showing of this CD has quite clearly been my loss. This is extremely well crafted metal, forged in the fires of antithesis to trends and popular scenes.

Opener “Demons and Angels” is a raging, barnstorming opener, full of fury, aggression, and bizarrely, keyboards that I actually like. The temperature really rises with the second track, “Rollercoaster”, with its amazingly 80s influenced chorus and pop hooks bouncing off great riffmastery and pounding drum work. The reason that this level of cheese actually works is that there is an absolute stone cold iron metal core running through every song. In the past, I have heard it whispered among the long haired that Primal Fear were the German Judas Priest. Obviously, I can’t comment on their past catalogue, not having heard it, but I can see where some of the comparisons have come from. The fantastic twin guitars of Naumann and Liebling are almost on a par with the be-studded ones, and of course the fantastic voice of Ralf Scheepers is uncannily like Rob Halford, and even (dare I say it) better! He’s vocally pretty akin to Halford on his solo albums, lower in the register than old Priest stuff, with a delivery equally at home to high range screaming and low, high powered singing. The drumming of Randy Black (ex-Annihilator) is particularly driving, and I must say wonderfully produced. It really is the best drum sound I’ve had to review all year long. It goes without saying that the basswork of Matt Sinner (who you may know from, uh, like Sinner and stuff), is exemplorary, and stands out brilliantly on what I suspect is going to be a controversial song on the album.

The title track, “Seven Seals”, with its bass heavy, synth driven intro, ballad like verses and soaring, triumphant melody laden chorus is likely to turn hard metal fans away in their droves…and ordinarily, I would expect to be repulsed too, but it’s nothing but a massive compliment to these guys songwriting ability that no only can I stand it, but I actually like it! How have they done it? They have almost convinced me to check out some more power metal releases, but my only fear is that other bands wouldn’t have the necessary skills to make me want to listen! Suffice it to say that the rest of the CD rocks in similar fashion, veering between full-grown thrashers with power choruses like “Evil Spell”, to plaintive, thoughtful tracks like the penultimate “Question of honour”.

Fuck it, I think this is great. Me and Power metal eh? Who’d have thunk it? I’ll be wearing dresses next…

Edited by grave

• 2 weeks later...

Zaisata prijatno iznenadjenje od PF,nisam verovao da ce bend koji mi je u poslednjih nekoliko godina postao sinonim za prosecan i by the book metal izbaciti ovako svez album.Tokom celog albuma kvalitet se drzi na veoma visokom nivou,ali sve odlazi u neslucene visine sa pesmom EVIL SPELLS!Bogovski,ne zezam se,hocu svi da je pustite sad i da poludite. icon_rockdevil.gif

Moja ocena 8,5 jako kao celik/10,sa tendencijom rasta posle vise slusanja.

NABAVITI!