ManOwaR

Protagonist

Mislim da nema posebno organizovan odlazak na Magic Circle festival...

Znam samo da postoji organizacija za odlazak na Metal Camp (kol'ko sam cuo Aca Seltik iz Orthodox Celts-a organizuje to...mada moze biti i da sam pogresno cuo,ne znam).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MANOWAR and friends salute Ronnie James Dio

Metal heavyweights MANOWAR will honor the legacy of Ronnie James Dio with "Magic - A Tribute To Ronnie James Dio".

MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio said "Heavy Metal has lost a great artist and a true gentleman. I had the privilege of being his friend and I, along with other friends and admirers, wish to honor him."

In addition to MANOWAR, the musical salute to the man who inspired heavy metal musicians all over the world, features performances by HolyHell, Metalforce, Awaken, Avigal, Crosswind, Dean Cascione, Harlet, and more.  

The enhanced CD, part one of a two part tribute, will feature newinterpretations of classics like 'Holy Diver', 'Heaven & Hell', 'I Speed At Night' and 'Catch The Rainbow' among others.  

For news and release dates go to

www.magiccirclemusic.com or www.manowar.com

EDIT:e jebem mu mater,na znam zasto nece da napravi razmak izmedju redova kad pritisnem 'enter'

Edited by LazaGNR

Neeeeeeee!

Former MANOWAR Drummer SCOTT COLUMBUS Discusses His Departure - June 1, 2010

U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine recently conducted an interview with former MANOWAR drummer Scott Columbus. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Classic Rock: You've recently issued a press release announcing you are playing some dates with former MANOWAR guitarist Ross The Boss.

Scott Columbus: Ross and I have been in pretty close contact over the years and recently over the past year we've been talking about playing together again. Talk turned into reality and we're playing a bunch of shows over the summer in Europe and the United States and we're going to have a good time.

Classic Rock: Where does this leave your current status in MANOWAR?

Scott Columbus: My current status is… (pause) Well, if you look at their website my picture is still up there, I don't know why. I'm not currently in the band MANOWAR anymore.

Classic Rock: When did the split occur?

Scott Columbus: I'd say it was about April 2008. When Mr. DeMaio [Joey DeMaio, MANOWAR bassist/mainman] and myself agreed to disagree on a few points of interest. That leads us up to today. You know what? I had a long and wonderful career with MANOWAR; I have no regrets, it's just life moves on.

Classic Rock: Would you classify the reasons for the split personal, financial or musical?

Scott Columbus: Yes [laughs]. My answer is yes to all of the above.

Classic Rock: MANOWAR has stated that you are still in the band and just taking time off for personal tragedies. What is your take on that?

Scott Columbus: Well, you can refer to a few questions ago when I agreed to disagree with Mr. DeMaio. In other words, maybe that's a question he will answer if you ask him. I am not in the band. Period. There you go.

Classic Rock: You left the band for a period in the early '90s and MANOWAR contributed the time away to your son's health problems. Was this the case?

Scott Columbus: It was the very end of 1989 leading into 1990. I was officially gone in 1990, the first time. I can just tell you and the world that my son was never sick. So you can deduce from that what you may. However, that's what I'll tell you [concerning the official statement].

Classic Rock: Have you had any contact with the band since your departure in April of 2008?

Scott Columbus: Yes, I speak quite often with the singer [Eric Adams] who is a dear, dear friend of mine. He and I hung out on the road all the time for many years, so I speak to Eric all the time. Joey [DeMaio] I speak to periodically. Some of the ancillary people I speak with because we've always had a great relationship, so why let something professional interrupt something personal. I tend to make friends for life. Once people get to know me they realize I wear my heart on my sleeve, there's no bullshit about me. I can do a lot of things very well but one thing I really suck at is lying.

Read the entire interview from Classic Rock.

columbussolo.jpg

Bilo mi je malo cudno kad sam pre par godina (sad vidim da je to bila 2008.) video da nema Columbus-a na bubnjevima,a nisam znao da vise nije u bendu.Tek kasnije sam video na Metal Archives.

Sta ja znam,nekako sam navikao na njega.

Daleko od toga da mi se Hamzik ne svidja,al Columbus je vec dugi niz godina u bendu i najstalniji je deo postave pored Eric-a i Joey-a.Navikne se covek na to :)

I eto...progovorio je covek kako stoje stvari u vezi njega i benda.

Pretpostavljao sam da je to u pitanju (to sto je rekao u intervjuu).

Ako si gledao film Guča, ima i tamo jedan.

Nisam odmah provalio da si to ti postovao,mislio sam da je sasvim neki levi saban napisao to :)

Nego,nisam gledao taj film,pa ne znam za to.

Anyway,as usual,ima problema sa copy/paste-om iz e-mail-a,ali sad sam nasao jos jedan izvor,pa evo copy/paste-a odatle:

The Magic Circle Festival Activities Tent! 

Wednesday - June 02, 2010

The Magic Circle Festival Activities Tent will be open on Friday, July 9th and Saturday, July 10th. It will be conveniently located in the middle of the campground and is certain to be party central.

The Magic Circle Festival Activities Tent will be the best place for you to have a great time, meet with your friends and most importantly, make lots of new friends who would die for metal just like you (and MANOWAR, but you already know that)!

In addition to plenty of beer and food, tent will feature activities for the fans by the fans. You'll be able to leave a message for MANOWAR on the 'Wall Of Metal', which will be located inside the mega tent. If you prefer to leave a video testimonial, the Manowar Video Team will be at the tent at select times throughout both days to interview fans. The footage will be given to the band and could possibly end up on a Manowar DVD! How cool is that?

There will also be Heavy Metal Karaoke, an Air Guitar Contest and the Manowar Lyric Game featuring lots of great prizes for the winners! So, start practicing!

In addition to these already stellar activities there will be sexy strippers and pole dancing shows, a sword fighting show and demonstration, and Wolfgang Hohlbein, Germany's best selling fantasy author and collaborator with MANOWAR on 'The Asgard Saga' project, will host a reading session (in German and in English) from his book THOR. Hohlbein will also be available for a Question & Answer and an Autograph Signing Session with fans. For more info on 'The Asgard Saga' project, visit www.asgard-saga.com

Are you into Norse Mythology? If so, get ready for the Norse Mythology Trivia Game; you'll be able to win great prizes!

Wanna prove that you are a true warrior of metal? Participate in "The Warrior's Triathlon" which includes beer drinking, Eric Adams-style screaming and an endurance test!

Witness what is probably the most popular and hottest fan event at Magic Circle Festivals: The Miss Manowar Contest! A real treat for the male audience! Open to the most beautiful and sexy female heavy-metal fans in the world: Manowar Fans! As usual there will be an incredible collection of prizes for the winner!

At the end of each night the tent will host the Heavy Metal Disco, so you can party with your friends, drink beer and enjoy the greatest heavy metal classics until dawn.

Don't miss out! The Magic Circle Festival Activities Tent is where the action is! If you would like to participate in any of these events, sign up NOW to guarantee your spot! Send an e-mail to [email protected] and include your:

- Full name

- Date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY)

- City

- Country

- Mobile phone number

- And specify which contest(s) you would like to join in (Karaoke, Air Guitar, Manowar Lyric Game, Norse Mythology Trivia, The Warrior's Triathlon or Miss Manowar Contest).

The number of participants will be limited, so sign up early!

(You must be 18 or older to participate in The Warrior's Triathlon or in the Miss Manowar Contest)

You'll also be able to sign the Official Magic Circle Festival Guestbook (and even include a photo of yourself in the book if you bring it with you!).

Also, unfortunately, we will not be able to offer the Ultimate Fan Package at this Magic Circle Festival, but don't worry; the UFP will be back on future tours and festivals.

And by the way, admittance into the Magic Circle Festival Activities Tent is free.

For a detailed schedule of all the activities, click HERE. To buy your ticket for the Magic Circle Festival @ Metalcamp, click HERE.

:rockdevil:  :rockdevil:  :rockdevil:

Ko ode na Metal Camp,a ne ode na ovo - taj je picka,taj nije metalac,i treba ga spaliti na lomaci  :rockdevil:

• 2 weeks later...

Oces i ti jedan? :)

(EDIT 2:you've been warned now :twisted: )

Sta bre diktator,lik je dosao da flame-uje ovde.

EDIT: pravila su jasna:ne svidja ti se bend - zaobidji temu i gotovo.

A ne da filozofiras i/ili flame-ujes. 

Edited by LazaGNR

Magic Circle Music Present: "Magic - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio"

Dio'scontributions to heavy metal are profound and indisputable. Heparticipated in no fewer than six of the most critically important hardrock and heavy metal albums of all time, including Rising, Long LiveRock 'n' Roll, Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules, Holy Diver and The Last InLine.

RonnieJames Dio lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th, 2010. It isone of the greatest losses ever suffered by the heavy metal community.

MANOWARand Magic Circle Entertainment have decided to honor one of metal'sgreatest legends with "Magic - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio," a new CDfeaturing Magic Circle Music artists and friends performing some ofDio's most inspired work. 

"Magic -A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio" is especially poignant because Dio hailsfrom the same fertile upstate New York soil as MANOWAR. "Heavy metalhas lost a great artist and a true gentleman," says MANOWAR bassistJoey DeMaio. "I had the privilege of being his friend and, along withother friends and admirers, we wish to honor him."

MANOWARcontributes a powerful rendition of Dio's signature song, "Heaven AndHell." Jack Starr's Burning Starr and the Magic Circle All Star Band(with Shmoulik Avigal and Joe Stump) contribute the classics "Catch TheRainbow" and "Long Live Rock 'n' Roll" and his cousin and former Elfguitarist David "Rock" Feinstein delivers a song inspired and writtenfor Dio titled "Far Beyond." The album is rounded out by severaltenacious, up-and-coming bands, such as female-fronted HolyHell,featuring the voice of Maria Breon (called by many "The Female Dio") aswell as Metalforce, Awaken and Crosswind, all of whom embrace Dio'slegacy in their own inspired interpretations of his songs on "Magic."

Intribute to Dio's legacy, famous fantasy painter and illustrator KenKelly, the man behind many of heavy metal's most classic album covers(including some by MANOWAR) has reworked his iconic Rainbow "Rising"artwork for "Magic."

"Magic - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio" is from the hearts of these musicians. It is not only their privilege, but also their duty, to honor Ronnie by singing his praises while singing his songs.

"Magic - A Tribute To Ronnie James Dio" will be released on Magic Circle Music's

online store Kingdom of Steelon June 18th, in Germany on July 16th, in the US and Canada on July20th and further international territories in the forthcoming weeks.The album will also be available at the merchandise booth of allupcoming MANOWAR live appearances, starting at the Sonisphere Festivalin Sofia, Bulgaria on June 23rd.

Track Listing: 1) MANOWAR - Heaven And Hell 2) HOLYHELL - Holy Diver (Live In Norway) 3) METALFORCE - The Last In Line 4) MAGIC CIRCLE ALL STAR BAND - Long Live Rock 'n' Roll 5) AWAKEN - I Speed At Night 6) CROSSWIND - A Light In The Black 7) DEAN CASCIONE - Never More 8) FEINSTEIN - Far Beyond 9) HARLET - Straight Through The Heart 10) JACK STARR'S BURNING STARR - Catch The Rainbow

• 2 weeks later...