Dream Theater

bu

Ma covek razbija, kad je mogao one ludaje od Vai-a da svira onda moze sve :)

Evo nesto:

Sad vec nisam siguran da ce se Portnoy vracati, Mangini je bolji i mislim da ce se to osetiti na ovom albumu, pogotovo sto mislim da ce, kroz produkciju, ici na to da potenciraju bubnjeve da se vidi dobitak.

Dakle, samo je ostalo pitanje "chemistry"-ja da li ce ostati, tj da li ce moci da rostiljaju zajedno, piju pivo, izvode bahanalije, svinguju zene itd...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ha, ha, kakav car! Trebao ih je još sve poslati u kurac :)

Derek Roddy

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Default Re: Dream Theater's new drummer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post

Hey Derek. My wife and I watched todays episode together, and we both thought you came off a little bit unsure and shy. Were you intimidated, or nervous? I know I would of been, but then again I am not in the same league as you guys. :)

Not at all....actually it was quite the opposite. I was really comfortable around them and with the "process".

The whole thing with all us guys audition footage is....you're seeing 5 minutes (of what some editor thinks.... is creating "drama" for reality TV)

What you didn't see are the 2 hours and 55 minutes of kick ass jams, tunes played exact, etc......

Another thing that needs to be considered in my case is.....

I auditioned for DT because I was asked.......not because I wanted to be the new DT drummer.

Too much commitment for me to stop what I have going on in my life.

I have a snake collection (over 100 animals) that has generated more income than DT would be able to pay me.

This drum thing is fun and all but, it doesn't make up even half of my yearly income.

For me to consider that gig....meant I had to move out of a really big passion (and security) to do something......I've done already (touring) and am doing still through education and my own projects.

One of the questioned asked by RR was "how would getting this gig change your life"

My answer was....."I'm not looking to change my life."

Cheers,

D

• Upvote 3

Progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER have tapped Andy Wallace (AVENGED SEVENFOLD, WHITE ZOMBIE, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, SEPULTURA, SLAYER, NIRVANA) to mix their new album, tentatively due in September via Roadrunner Records. The band's keyboardist, Jordan Rudess, said, "We are all REALLY excited to have [Andy's] magic touch!"

Hajd' da vam skratim muke :

''Most of the bands that play extreme metal are playing for 500 bucks a night. That doesn't even cover the cost of gas right now. If you've got four members, a sound guy and merch guy.......You're going to come home with nothing. That's the problem I see with bands nowadays. It seems that everybody is looking for the "ticket out of life" and band members will go on tour so they don't have to deal with real life. It's an escape for most people. But these guys don't understand that your life is the same after a tour....it's just 6 weeks later. Bills are still due! One day they will "wake up" and have NOTHING and will be 45 years old.''

''club.kingsnake: I know you are a snake fanatic and you actually breed Pythons. Have you had times where your two jobs/hobbies clashed making you want to chose one or the other?

Derek Roddy: When I lost all of my Blackheaded Python eggs this year... It really made me look at what I was doing. I could no longer see spending thousands of dollars to go on tour when I have thousands of dollars in snake eggs in a incubator. At 34 years old, one can't afford to keep losing thousands every time you want to tour or as I like to say "escape your life."

I don't rely on either one of those things to carry me through life as I have a good job and also give lessons. Both the drums and reptiles are a hobby that just so happens to be profitable. It DID suck losing the BHP eggs this year though. Wasn't going to sell anyway. Haha.''

''Derek Roddy’s passion for drums started one year after his love for snakes began. His dad was always really into wildlife. Derek doesn’t recall a time in his life where he didn’t have a pet snake. So he grew up surrounded by them, on his room and also in South Carolina where he grew up. Snakes are the animal Derek enjoys looking at the most, but his favorite pets are actually cats.''

''Besides being fascinated with Snakes, Derek Roddy also breeds them. This brings him a lot of enjoyment and some good money from time to time. There is more to his life than drumming. He hasn’t been focusing on earning money with drumming and music,''

Izvori:

http://club.kingsnake.com/index.php?/archives/147-Interview-One-of-Best-Drummers-in-Extreme-Metal,-Derek-Roddy.html

http://www.drumlessons.com/drummers/derek-roddy/

I evo vam malo fotki, najedite se :D :-p

http://www.derekroddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=141

Edited by MyNameIsMisery
  • Upvote 1

Ha, ha, kakav car! Trebao ih je još sve poslati u kurac :)

Derek Roddy

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Default Re: Dream Theater's new drummer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post

Hey Derek. My wife and I watched todays episode together, and we both thought you came off a little bit unsure and shy. Were you intimidated, or nervous? I know I would of been, but then again I am not in the same league as you guys. :)

Not at all....actually it was quite the opposite. I was really comfortable around them and with the "process".

The whole thing with all us guys audition footage is....you're seeing 5 minutes (of what some editor thinks.... is creating "drama" for reality TV)

What you didn't see are the 2 hours and 55 minutes of kick ass jams, tunes played exact, etc......

Another thing that needs to be considered in my case is.....

I auditioned for DT because I was asked.......not because I wanted to be the new DT drummer.

Too much commitment for me to stop what I have going on in my life.

I have a snake collection (over 100 animals) that has generated more income than DT would be able to pay me.

This drum thing is fun and all but, it doesn't make up even half of my yearly income.

For me to consider that gig....meant I had to move out of a really big passion (and security) to do something......I've done already (touring) and am doing still through education and my own projects.

One of the questioned asked by RR was "how would getting this gig change your life"

My answer was....."I'm not looking to change my life."

Cheers,

D

meni zvuči kao neko ko plače što ga nisu primili u bend u kome bi da svira za pare.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

mozda ce ti drugacije zvuceti kad si skines sa roditeljske sise jednog dana.

sve što mogu da ti kažem je da nisam na roditeljskoj sisi, i da određeni bend ima pravo da bira bubnjara na osnovu svojih kriterijuma, kao i da ovaj roddy može pasivno agresivno da plače što ga nisu primili.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER have set "A Dramatic Turn Of Events" as the title of their new album.

"A Dramatic Turn Of Events" track listing:

01. On The Backs Of Angels

02. Build Me Up, Break Me Down

03. Lost Not Forgotten

04. This Is The Life

05. The Shaman's Trance

06. Outcry

07. Far From Heaven

08. Breaking All Illusions

09. Beneath The Surface