Rush

Dragon Lord

According to Musictap.net, Concord Records will release a RUSH DVD and Blu-ray titled "Time Machine" on September 27. The disc will most likely contain footage of RUSH's April 15 concert at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio filmed by the award-winning documentary makers Banger Productions from Toronto in Canada, who have received international critical acclaim for their previous movies "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey", "Global Metal" and the RUSH documentary called "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

RollingStone.com: What's the status of the next album?

Geddy: We're almost finished writing. We wound the machine back up about three weeks ago. After a sluggish start, we've had a very fruitful couple of weeks in terms of writing. I'm very pleased with the direction that the material has taken. And I think we have one or two more songs that we'd like to write, and then we'll start recording in earnest. Hopefully we'll have all of the recording done before Christmas. Then we'll mix it some time in the next year, and then get it out.

RollingStone.com: Wow. So it'll be out sometime early next year?

Geddy: Yeah. I hope it'll be out by the spring anyway.

RollingStone.com: Is the sound of the album similar to "Snakes & Arrows"?

Geddy: I think it's a little different than "Snakes & Arrows". It's not finished so it's hard to say exactly what it will sound like in totality, but I think that the direction of "Caravan" and "BU2B" sort of points in the direction that we're going.

RollingStone.com: With a new album in the spring, will you be touring in the summer?

Geddy: Well, there will be a tour. I can't tell you exactly when. Maybe the summer or maybe the fall. We need some time to organize all that, but we have started to do that at the same time. But yes, there will be a follow-up tour to support the record.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...