Hail Metal

Bendovi potvrdjeni za novi ND tribute:

BURST

CRETIN

CYNESS

EXHUMED

GORE BEYOND NECROPSY

HELLNATION

INHUME ("Instinct of Survival", "From Enslavement to Obliteration")

MISERY INDEX

MUNICIPAL WASTE

MURDER CONSTRUCT ("No Mental Effort")

PHOBIA

PIG DESTROYER

REALIZED

REGURGITATE

RELEVANT FEW

RETALIATION

ROTTEN SOUND

SAYYADINA

VOMITORY ("Mass Appeal Madness")

koji burst??? ima ih vise. jel onaj iz sHvedske?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NAPALM DEATH To Enter Studio In May

Birmingham, England's fathers of grindcore NAPALM DEATH will be embarking on North America's "The Enemy of God II" tour in late February with German thrashers KREATOR. Vocalist Barney Greenway had this to say about the upcoming trek: "Looks like we're coming back to North America to make a load of noise again. 'The Code Is Red…' was such a well-received album and we're disappointed that this is only the first time that we're getting to a lot of places, but we try our best, you know.

"What are the shows going to be like? Well, we will totally go for it, as ever, and hopefully you'll all enjoy. It'll be chaotic, spasmodic and hopefully a beautiful thing. There should be quite a bit of 'The Code…' stuff in there as well. There's also the small matter of the follow-up to 'The Code…', which we are each working on in our own little corners of the world. I have a few songs ready to go lyrically but nothing concrete to share with you right at this moment, unfortunately.

"I've been thinking about the general theme of the album a lot and what I'd like to project in this age of being dragged down paths of religious oppression is the spirit of free-thinking. I mean, believe what you want to believe if it makes you happy, but I still don't believe that mass governance via religious theories is wise, especially when the world is so fragile. The whole idea, just for example, of stickering school textbooks that try to explain the scientifically proven evolution of mankind with stickers that say 'This is not necessarily the truth' is entirely counter-productive.

"Anyway… we hope to hit the studio mid-May for a late-year release. See you all soon Stateside. Peace, love, equality."

NAPALM DEATH Frontman Reveals Working Album Title, New Songtitles

Zach Palmer of Doomsday Music recently conducted an interview with NAPALM DEATH frontman Mark "Barney" Greenway. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Doomsday Music: You guys have been playing for nearly 20-25 years, somewhere in that area. Do you ever get to the point where you just want to go home and sit down?

Barney: "You know what? Well, it's been 25 years this year, NAPALM DEATH in its entirety, which is obviously a long time, especially for a band that is so outside of the mainstream. I get your point, of course there's times where I am tired on tour and I feel a bit under the weather or whatever, but at the end of the day, we've got to keep this band going. It's got to keep moving around and the only way to do that is for us to get out there and do what we've got to do; keep playing as much as we can, do the albums, make sure they are good, make sure that every one moves along a little bit more, pushes the thing along. That's what we've got to do basically. I think it's human nature to say, 'Aw fuck, I really don't want to do this today,' but once you get out there and you get into it, you forget what you were thinking earlier on in the day, so it's all good to me. I take it in my stride and I'm happy to be doing it and I'm happy to be going this long and all the rest of it. It's a good experience. It's a good feeling."

Doomsday Music: In the press release that was released, I think it was yesterday, you mentioned that you hope to go back in the studio sometime in May?

Barney: Yeah.

Doomsday Music: And at the current time, I believe you said you don't currently have anything other than a few lyrics written?

Barney: Well, that was mainly said because I actually do have about four or five songs, and as much as I have got those, we actually haven't come together yet as a four piece unit in a rehearsal studio, so things could always change, but the stuff that I have got I'm really happy with, the titles are really good, they are definitely ready from my end. I can give you some of those titles if you want.

Doomsday Music: Sure, yeah definitely!

Barney: "Yeah, OK. Let me try to remember all of these. There's a track called 'Persona Nongrata'. That's obviously a Latin term, and what it means is someone that becomes a lesser being. It's actually a legal term that stretches back quite a few years and the whole concept of that is that some people are just born into this world and just because of their circumstances they are persona nongrata, in other words, pointing out what a real unfair situation that is to be in. So there's that one, then there's… it's like a two part song really. The second half is called 'Smear Campaign' and obviously a smear campaign is something that is like, it could be a verbal or basically a series of actions taken out that basically dirty someone's name or reputation. I'm thinking that I want to use that for the title of the album actually, because the way that's being used, the whole concept is, what I'm trying to get across with this album is the theme is religion basically. I know a lot of people go down that route, but I think increasingly we see governments of assorted countries being governed on a religious basis, and to me that is just going to take us down paths that we really don't need to be going down. I think for the good of the world, especially as fragile as it is at the moment, to try and govern people on theories, on these sort of unproven theories, it just doesn't wash. Doing things in the name of God, well, surely you should be doing things in the name of man, you know? [Laughs] Not in the name of God, so that's my whole point basically, so there's going to be a whole series of images around that if that comes up to be the album title. So there's that one there. There's another track called 'Call That an Option?' with a question mark on the end, and an 'option' being the nuclear option, which Britain is certainly pushing and I believe America is too. They're trying to say that we should enter another nuclear age where we relying on nuclear fuels for consumption. Now bearing in mind Chernobyl etc. etc., I don't think that's a good way to go particularly. And there's a second part to that as well. You've got the situation in Iran at the moment, and I've got a very simple comment to make on that. It's not saying that these guys should have nuclear weapons because these guys shouldn't, it's actually saying no nuclear weapons. Any nuclear weapons are no good at all. But by the same token, how can you criticize a nation for trying to develop a nuclear arsenal when you yourselves are holding arsenals so big and with so much potential to wipe people off the face of the earth, how can you sit there and criticize other people for trying to even the balance a little? You can't do that! America and Israel and many other countries, the very people who are most vocal in opposing what Iran is doing right now are the very people who are holding some serious fucking weaponry. Now, surely that is hypocrisy of the highest order."

Read the entire interview at www.doomsdaymusic.com.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NAPALM DEATH Begin Recording New Album

British extreme metal pioneers NAPALM DEATH have entered Foel Studios in Wales, England to begin recording the follow-up to last year's "The Code Is Red… Long Live The Code", tentatively due before the end of 2006 via Century Media Records.

Commented NAPALM DEATH vocalist: "After working our arses off on new stuff for the last couple of months, we kind of slipped into the studio when no one was looking. This thing is already sounding totally immense — even better than 'Code...', from where I'm standing. It's fast and furious, as you'd expect, but we're also throwing a few curveballs in, in true ND tradition. Can't wait for everyone to hear it."

NAPALM DEATH's new CD, tentatively titled "Smear Campaign", will include the following working songtitles, among others: "Persona Nongrata", "Smear Campaign" and "Call That An Option?"

NAPALM DEATH toured North America earlier this year with KREATOR, and in fall 2005 supporting SUFFOCATION. The band recently recorded a cover of SICK OF IT ALL's "Who Sets the Rules" for a 20th anniversary tribute album that will be released later this through Century Media Records.

Edited by The Watchtower

• 3 weeks later...

NAPALM DEATH's New CD Is 'Surpassing Last Album For Heaviness, Speed And Diversity'

Bassist Shane Embury of the British extreme metal pioneers NAPALM DEATH has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Still here at Foel studios in Wales [recording the new NAPALM DEATH album] and all's going extremely well. The songs are starting to take their shape and already it's surpassing the last album for heaviness, speed and diversity.

"Got the final cover art through today as well from our trusted artist Mick Kenney of ANAAL NATHRAKH/MISTRESS fame and it's looking good. This time we have opted for a more old-school album cover and have decided for a change in how you see the band's logo. So it comes across more like one of our shirts, I guess, but it stands out more, I think, than the last couple of covers we have done. The lyrics in the booklet have all been painstakingly written out by Barney [vocalist Mark 'Barney' Greenway] and that gives the booklet a nice feel also."

NAPALM DEATH's new album, tentatively tititled "Smear Campaign", is scheduled for release later in the year via Century Media Records. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Rabid Wolves (For Christ)", "In Deference", "Atheist Runt", "When All Is Said and Done", and "Sink Fast, Let Go", and "Morale". A guest appearance by THE GATHERING frontwoman Anneke van Giersbergen is also included.

• 1 month later...

Pojavio se novi album. Malo je grinderskiji od poslednjih albuma, mada naravno ne moze da se uporedi sa prva 2. Vratili su se i oni sream vokali, sto je dobro. Sad sam tek pustio, pa ne mogu reci nista vise, ima i nekih malo melodicnijih neobicnih delova ... .. moram cuti jos i Deicide i Vader danas ....

Edited by solicitor

Ja nesam veliki fan NDa..ali mi se podosta svideo novi album. Ima odlichnih pesama sa thrash feelom u njima kao sto su "Warped Beyond Logic", "Well All Is Said And Done" i "Identity Crisis"..tako da...meni je onaj "blazi" deo pesama sa albuma dosta legao, ali nisu loshe ni one teze tipa Fatalist, Short Lived itd...

podobro izdanje..uz novi Vader za sada mi ispunjava death metal apetite

Jebo mater nemam ovde net da skinem novi album, kada se vrnem u bg ovo moram da nabavim pod obavezno. Jos ne cuh novi vader sad.gif. Znaci ova godina ima da bude prejebana, novi Terrorizer,Vader,Napalm,Suffocation,Spawn of Possession,Deicide(izgleda obecavaju!) i jos pun kurac dobrih d.m albuma !

Jebo mater nemam ovde net da skinem novi album, kada se vrnem u bg ovo moram da nabavim pod obavezno. Jos ne cuh novi vader sad.gif. Znaci ova godina ima da bude prejebana, novi Terrorizer,Vader,Napalm,Suffocation,Spawn of Possession,Deicide(izgleda obecavaju!)  i jos pun kurac dobrih d.m albuma !

novi napalm razbija. icon_rockdevil.gif kakve su sanse da dodju opet u srbiju, jel su skupi, zahtevni...

Edited by djuk

Ja koliko znam nisu skupi, ne znam kada ce na turneju, trebali su za vreme exita da nastupe kod nas , ali niko nije smeo da rizikuje da ih dovede.

Jeben bend uzivo u p.m :)hahaha.

ako nisu skupi dovucite ih kad krenu po evropi, na njih ce doci i metalci i coreri i punkeri. odlicni su i uzivo i studijski icon_rockdevil.gificon_rockdevil.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oct. 18 Newcastle University Uk

Oct. 19 Southampton TBA UK

Oct. 20 Bradfort Rio UK

Oct. 21 TBC TBC UK

Oct. 22 Haarlem Patronaat NL

Oct. 23 Bochum Matrix Ger

Oct. 24 Fulda TBA Ger

Oct. 25 Berlin So 36 Ger

Oct. 26 Bremen TBA Ger

Oct. 27 Flensburg Roxy Ger

Oct. 28 Leipzig Conne Island Ger

Oct. 29 Praha TBA Cz

Oct. 30 Budapest TBA H

Oct. 31 Zagreb TBA Cr

Nov. 1 Wien TBA Aut

Nov. 2 München Backstage Ger

Nov. 3 Stuttgart Universum Ger

Nov. 4 MontdIdier Coolness festival France

Nov. 5 Kontich / Anterpen TBA Belgium

Nov. 7 Bielfeld Movie Ger

Nov. 10 Saarbrücken Ger

Nov. 11 PARIS or GRENOBLE TBC France

Nov. 12 Belfort La Poudriere France

Nov. 13 Marseille TBA France

Nov.14 Euskadi/Asturias/Cantabria TBA Spain

Nov. 15 Madrid TBA Spain

Nov. 16 BarcelonaValencia TBA Spain

Nov. 17 Pau L'ampli France

Nov. 18 Nantes TBA B

Nov. 19 London Underworld Uk

SRANJE, NE DOLAZE KOD NAS wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Oct. 18 Newcastle University Uk

Oct. 19 Southampton TBA UK

Oct. 20 Bradfort Rio UK

Oct. 21 TBC TBC UK

Oct. 22 Haarlem Patronaat NL

Oct. 23 Bochum Matrix Ger

Oct. 24 Fulda TBA Ger

Oct. 25 Berlin So 36 Ger

Oct. 26 Bremen TBA Ger

Oct. 27 Flensburg Roxy Ger

Oct. 28 Leipzig Conne Island Ger

Oct. 29 Praha TBA Cz

Oct. 30 Budapest TBA H

Oct. 31 Zagreb TBA Cr

Nov. 1 Wien TBA Aut

Nov. 2 München Backstage Ger

Nov. 3 Stuttgart Universum Ger

Nov. 4 MontdIdier Coolness festival France

Nov. 5 Kontich / Anterpen TBA Belgium

Nov. 7 Bielfeld Movie Ger

Nov. 10 Saarbrücken Ger

Nov. 11 PARIS or GRENOBLE TBC France

Nov. 12 Belfort La Poudriere France

Nov. 13 Marseille TBA France

Nov.14 Euskadi/Asturias/Cantabria TBA Spain

Nov. 15 Madrid TBA Spain

Nov. 16 BarcelonaValencia TBA Spain

Nov. 17 Pau L'ampli France

Nov. 18 Nantes TBA B

Nov. 19 London Underworld Uk

SRANJE, NE DOLAZE KOD NAS wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif