Judas Priest

JUDAS

• 3 weeks later...

ROB ZOMBIE Guitarist JOHN 5: 'ROB HALFORD Changed Heavy Metal' - Dec. 16, 2006

In a recent issue of Classic Rock magazine, ROB ZOMBIE/ex-MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5, who played with JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford in the ill-fated TWO project, spoke about his first experience meeting Halford and his impressions of The Metal God, both from the perspective of a metal fan and a fellow musician.

"I loved going to concerts when I was about 13, and one of the bands I used to see was JUDAS PRIEST," John 5 said. "One time, I remember I was waiting outside their hotel in the rain after a show — and I saw Rob Halford coming towards me. So I was like [hysterical fanboy voice]: 'Rob Halford! Rob Halford! Nice to meet you!' He just walked straight past, and left me standing there in the rain. So I always gave him a hard time about that later on, when we started playing together in TWO.

"When I first heard Halford's voice, I just thought, 'This guy is incredible.' I even realized that when I was a little kid. He was in a class of his own. He has such an incredible voice, he's such a great writer, and he's a great person on top of that. He's one of the nicest guys I've worked with. He doesn't play up to any kind of offstage persona.

"I don't think people give Rob enough credit for what he did — visually — for metal. He's a very smart person. He said to himself, 'Okay — I'm not only going to capture the audience with my incredible voice and stage presence, but I'm also going to have a look that's gonna blow everyone away.' So he put on leather, spikes and bad-ass sunglasses, and came out on a motorbike, and it changed everything. If that look's become a cliché, that's cool too. I wish I could start a heavy metal cliché.

"I really cherish the time I spent with Rob in TWO [in the late '90s]. We'd hang out, go to lunch, write — just have a great time. And it's funny, because even though I worked with him so closely, he never stopped being an icon. There was always that element of, 'Oh my God — that's Rob Halford standing next to me onstage!' or 'Oh my God — I'm at the movies with Rob Halford!' We saw each other in Las Vegas recently and it's still like, 'Wow, there's fuckin' Rob Halford!' The king. The icon, y'know?

"He changed heavy metal. He changed the look. He changed the sound. He changed everything about it. It's kinda like Hendrix on guitar — Rob Halford did that for heavy metal. He changed it all."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=63907

PREJAKO. :D

• 4 weeks later...

..... cekaj da izdaju album pa da najave turneju po evropi.

Official Judas Priest News

18th December 2006

It has come to our attention that someone is trying to falsely impersonate Glenn Tipton on a Myspace site. Please note that this site is totally unauthorised, unofficial and not legitimate and absolutely nothing at all to do with Glenn Tipton or Judas Priest. The only official sites relating to Glenn Tipton and Judas Priest are JudasPriest.com and GlennTipton.co.uk

Jayne Andrews

Management for GLENN TIPTON/JUDAS PRIEST

Mozda si procitao na my space-u.