Dave Douglas: trumpet

Jamie Saft: Wurlitzer

Gene Lake: drums

Marcus Strickland: saxophones

Brad Jones: bass

DJ Olive: turntables

Download from 4Shared

mohikanče, sjajan izbor!

nego, pošto odavno ovde nisam reklamirao sajt, samo da skrenem pažnju ljubiteljima godišnjih preseka i lista da i na jazzin.rs nekoliko najvrednijih kritičara pravi svoje top tenove džez izdanja iz 2009. godine. a ako neko poželi da pogleda i neke referentne strane liste, u rubrici "vesti" smo objavili i izbore jazz timesa, downbeata, jazz.com-a, allmusica...a naravno, ima i još štošta zanimljivog da se pročita :)

• Upvote 2

1238855865_jazz.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/217329292/think_2009.rar

Artist: Paolo Fresu & Uri Caine

Title Of Album: Think

Year Of Release: 2009

Genre: Jazz

Quality: Mp3

Bitrate: ~180 kbps VBR

Total Time: 69:36 min

Total Size: 86 Mb

Jedno od boljih izdanja iz 2009. Bitrate nije baš neki, ja imam 320kbps, pa ako nekome zatreba mogu da pošaljem torrent.

• Upvote 1

Bojan Z Tetraband - Humus (Universal, 2009)

Humus.jpg

The rocket fuelled, electro-acoustic Tetraband quartet began life as a trio pianist Bojan Zulfikarpasic formed with drummer Sebastian Rochford and electric bassist Ruth Goller in 2007. Paris-based Z grew up in what was then Yugoslavia, and the Balkans' dance rhythms have long been a feature of his playing. On tour in Europe, Rochford and Goller, both members of British punk-jazz iconoclast Acoustic Ladyland, brought a heat and groove to the music which perfectly matched Z's passionate double-fisted style.

With the addition of New York-based trombonist Josh Roseman, the trio became Tetraband and recorded Humus in France over three days—Z uses a lot of layered keyboards—in April 2008.

Z says Humus is "the most 'rock' album I could record." While the music mostly avoids the reiterative rhythms and licks of rock, being instead in a near constant state of transformation, it does indeed share rock's structural simplicity and high-voltage. Driven forward by Goller's bass and Rochford's full-on stick assaults—one of the incidental joys of Humus is hearing the famously nuanced, not to say whimsical, drummer get down and dirty and stay there—Z and Roseman fire off extended passages of steaming urgency practically throughout. Briefer, more peaceful sections lower the temperature from time to time. - Chris May, AAJ

Bojan Zulfikarpasic - piano, p. électrique, xenophone
Josh Roseman - trombone
Sebastien Rochford - batterie
Ruth Goller - basse électrique

Tracklisting :
1. Natural ground
2. Greedy (in goods we trust)
3. N°9
4. Empty shell
5. Focus @
6. Fuzzlija
7. August song
8. Swamp tune
9. Thirst day

mp3 @ vbr
http://rapidshare.com/files/320930462/BZt-h.rar

Ahmed Abdullah's Dispersions Of The Spirit Of Ra - Traveling The Spaceways (Planet Arts Recordings 2005)

ra.jpg

"Traveling the Spaceways is as beautiful an homage to Sun Ra as it gets. However, the rapturous chaos and truculence that characterized so many of the maverick composer's performances and recordings should not be expected. While this side of ... Full DescriptionSun Ra is not completely obliterated, trumpeter/arranger Ahmed Abdullah chose to concentrate on his Ellingtonian bent. The music sways with style, and the voicings are often enthralling. The opening track, "We Travel the Spaceways," sets the tone, each musician playing a clear and distinctive role thanks to Abdullah's deft arrangements. He emphasizes cohesion and elicits a fine group effort from a tight ensemble. Although Abdullah delivers some tasteful choruses, the trumpeter often defers to other bandmembers to fill the solo spots. Therefore, listeners are treated to some memorable interventions by outstanding soloists. Baritone saxophonist Alex Harding is adequately ferocious on "21st Century, Pt. 3," trombonist Craig Harris is visceral and soulful on "New Horizons," and violinist Billy Bang is simply dazzling on "They Plan" -- these last two compositions sharing a deeply moving quality. The recording also prominently features vocalists and poets, and once again Abdullah succeeds by making the vocal parts an integral and indispensable component of the music. The songs and poetry blend remarkably well and often contribute greatly to the mood of the pieces. With this remarkable outing, Abdullah outdid himself and achieved remarkable results that should not be overlooked. Back on Saturn, the master can be proud of this tribute" ~ Alain Drouot

mp3 320
http://www.sendspace.com/file/d7hjgj

• Upvote 1

The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Songs from Lonely Avenue (2009)

00104ebc_medium.jpeg

01. Trouble Train

02. Dead Man Incorporated

03. Kiss Me Deadly

04. Gimme Some Rhythm Daddy

05. Lonely Avenue

06. King of the Whole Damn World

07. Mr. Jazzer Goes Surfin'

08. Mr. Surfer Goes Jazzin'

09. My Baby Don't Love Me Blues

10. Love Partners in Crime

11. Passion of the Night

12. Dimes in the Jar

13. Elena

Super kombinacija Rockabilly-a i Swing-a!

Flac

Rapidshare.com:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Download in MP3

Edited by Мохиканац

Što je dobar ovaj Ahmed Abdullah! Ma to nije samo muzika, to je religija! Hvala, majstore :pivopije:

Juče preslušah! Meni se naročito sviđa East of Uz i Enlightenment, ova druga taman ide s tvojim komentarom o religiji :da:

E da, check up this (sa akcentom na Burhan Ocal-a :D):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-j27E7Ft0

Edited by Kokopelli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mislim da je već bilo linka za novi album Shining-a (Blackjazz). Evo šta kažu za pomenuti album na prog arhivama:

Finally something new! I like groups trying to emulate the seventies great bands, but only some of them are really good. The same for progmetal bands trying to follow the Dream Theater wave... Here, we are talking about a NEW kind of music, an incredible and unexpected mix of genres... Maybe GRINDSTONE was more "open" to different music directions, while BLACKJAZZ is clearly metal oriented, but the result is outstanding, again. When I listened to BLACKJAZZ for the first time, I honestly thought: "what is this?"... I was really troubled and disappointed. Now, I think SHINING are the best prog group I heard in last years and BLACKJAZZ the album to outpace for the best 2010 album competition
  • Upvote 1