Keep Of Kalessin

kuruz

Norwegian black metal band KEEP OF KALESSIN is one of the artists who are competing to represent Norway in next year's Eurovision Song Contest.

On Tuesday (December 1), KEEP OF KALESSIN guitarist and songwriter Obsidian C (real name: Arnt Grønbech) told the Norwegian TV show "Lydverket" that he's looking forward to performing the song "The Dragon Tower" alongside Norwegian pop artists and mainstream songwriters.

"I read an interview with Per Sundnes (host of the Norwegian Eurovision finals) where he said they wanted darker and harder songs for the Norwegian Eurovision finals," he said. "At the same time, we had made a song with a catchy chorus, so I just sent it to them."

On being called sellout:

Obsidian:"I think we are gonna get some reactions from the black metal scene,and lose some credibility. Some people, at least, will call ussellouts, but people saying those things are usually people who have anunderground band themselves but make a living from selling hot dogs ata gas station. I think it's less of a sellout to play in the Eurovision than to sell hot dogs."

Finnish rock band LORDI won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2006 with the song "Hard Rock Hallelujah". Obsidian C doesn't believe KEEP OF KALESSINwill achieve the same type of sucess in the competition, but he'slooking forward to getting more mainstream attention for the band.

"The song might be a little too extreme for us to win, but hard rock has performed well in the Eurovisionearlier, so we'll just have to wait and see," he said. "The song willat least give us a little more attention with a broad audience backhere in Norway."

Leif Åge Reme, executive producer of the Norwegian Eurovision Song Contest finals, says that the TV show did not ask KEEP OF KALESSIN to take part in the competiton for publicity. "Eurovisionis a songwriting contest that reflects the type of songs that are beingwritten around the country, even if that means it is not pop. We areseeking a broad selection of songwriters, and not the publicity."

+ + +

Malo me boli kurac sto ce da ucestvuju na ovome, samo jos jedan znak da ce novi album biti jos ocajni nego prosli, ali ova izjava "I think it's less of a sellout to play in the Eurovision than to sell hot dogs.", je tako debilozna i besmislena, da mi se ogadio samo tako. Sellout je neko ko ima posao sa strane pored toga sto ima bend? Kakav debilizam.

Malo me boli kurac sto ce da ucestvuju na ovome, samo jos jedan znak da ce novi album biti jos ocajni nego prosli, ali ova izjava "I think it's less of a sellout to play in the Eurovision than to sell hot dogs.", je tako debilozna i besmislena, da mi se ogadio samo tako. Sellout je neko ko ima posao sa strane pored toga sto ima bend? Kakav debilizam.

Nije to rekao. Rekao je da je sellout onaj koji pljuje bendove koji žive od svoje muzike jer nisu true i underground as it should be, a onda odu da mizantropski prodaju svoje hot-dogove ljudima 6 sati dnevno. Bar ja to tako razumem.

Edited by oʞɾoƃ

Nije to rekao. Rekao je da je sellout onaj koji pljuje bendove koji žive od svoje muzike jer nisu true i underground as it should be, a onda odu da mizantropski prodaju svoje hot-dogove ljudima 6 sati dnevno. Bar ja to tako razumem.

Kvout ide ovako: "Some people, at least, will call ussellouts, but people saying thosethings are usually people who have anunderground band themselves butmake a living from selling hot dogs ata gas station", daklem, kako ja razumem, on proziva ljude sa ug bendovima koji imaju i posao sa strane...

Пре бих рекао да мисли да они који ништа нису направили у музици и живе од бедно плаћеног посла немају право да прозивају бенд који је стигао до врха.

Edited by Куруз

Ajde deco, znate i sami da o ukusima ne vredi raspravljati. Za nekoga je Kolossus masterpiece, za nekoga su masterpiece ona govna što kačite na onoj gej temi. :P

Gde da potpišem?

Inače, kul ovo za Eurovision, oni i nisu neki ljuti BM tako da će biti zanimljivo, i sa nestrpljenjem čekav novo remek delo od albuma, treće u nizu.