Stratovarius

Angelystor

• 3 weeks later...

Finnish melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS are putting the finishing touches on their thirteenth full-length studio album, "Elysium", at 5-by-5 studios in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki, Finland. The CD will be released in Asia on January 12, 2011 via JVC and in the rest of the world on January 14, 2011 through earMUSIC/Edel. A single with two new songs will be released on November 26 to coincide with the start of the "7 Sinners World Tour" on which STRATOVARIUS will join HELLOWEEN as very special guests — kicking off the same day at the Szene in Vienna, Austria.

The following tracks will be part of the single:

* Darkest Hours (from the upcoming album "Elysium")

* Infernal Maze (from the upcoming album "Elysium")

* Darkest Hours (demo version)

* Against The Wind (live recording, Sofia, Bulgaria)

* Black Diamond (live recording, Göteborg, Sweden)

"Elysium" tentative track listing (order of songs and working titles are subject to change)

01. Heavenly Divine

02. Infernal Maze

03. Elysium, Part I, II and III

04. Civilization

05. Darkest Hours

06. Under Flaming Skies

07. No Return

08. New Horizon

09. Move The Mountain

10. Castaway (Japanese bonus track)

The cover artwork was created by Gyula Havancsák and can be viewed below.

strato2011cd.jpg

strato2010single.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Vraca se Timo Tolkki...ali, na srecu, ne u Stratovarius :mrgreen:

Former STRATOVARIUS, HELLOWEEN, ANGRA Members Join Forces In SYMFONIA - Nov. 8, 2010

SYMFONIA, the new melodic metal project featuring former members of HELLOWEEN, STRATOVARIUS, ANGRA and SONATA ARCTICA, will enter Studiomega in Varberg, Sweden later this month to begin recording its debut album for a spring 2011 release.

A press release reads as follows: "They are all legends among the melodic metal community. By sheer coincidence, they all found themselves living on the same continent, in Scandinavia. They decided to join forces and express their talents in the form of a new melodic metal project: SYMFONIA.

"Honoring the heritage of their previous bands STRATOVARIUS, HELLOWEEN, ANGRA and SONATA ARCTICA, SYMFONIA continues their superb melodic metal tradition with an incredible musicianship that is a match made in heaven. This is a force that no serious melodic metal fan will be able to ignore."

SYMFONIA is:

* Timo Tolkki (STRATOVARIUS, REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE) - Guitar

* André Matos (ANGRA, SHAAMAN, VIPER) - Vocals

* Jari Kainulainen (STRATOVARIUS, EVERGREY) - Bass

* Mikko Härkin (SONATA ARCTICA, KOTIPELTO) - Keyboards

* Uli Kusch (MASTERPLAN, HELLOWEEN) - Drums

SYMFONIA will make its live debut on February 18, 2011 at the Finnish Metal Expo (part of the Helsinki Metal Meeting) in Helsinki, Finland.

For more information, visit www.symfonia.fi.

Jos samo kada bi Kusch pisao vecinu stvari, bilo bi super :rockdevil: Mada, sa Tolkkijem u bendu, ne verujem :no:

:haha: Tolkki baš ne može da se okane Stratovariusa, izgleda, makar i kroz logo ovako. Fail.  :no:

Ali moram priznati da me zanima kako će bend zvučati, deluje kao interesantan sklop, mada, iskreno - ne očekujem nešto specijalno.

Da, logo je mnogo sličan Stratovariusovom, ali dobro, lep je.  :wub:

Mene jako zanima kako će bend zvučati. Očekujem nešto što će mi se svideti, pa sad... Videćemo.  :mrgreen:

Swedish keyboardist Jens Johansson of multi-national melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS has issued the following update:

"Dear STRATOVARIUS fans, I am afraid we have some quite terrible news. News of the worst imaginable kind. It's about our friend and [German] drummer Jörg Michael [sTRATOVARIUS].

"Jörg has cancer.

"He recently discovered a lump on his neck, went to the doctor, they decided to operate, and found what they call 'a malignant thyroid neoplasm.' They took out his whole thyroid just to have the best chance to get everything out. He will also have to undergo a regimen of radiotherapy.

"He is a fighter. We have all talked to him and it's clear that this guy is not down for the count. He and his team of German doctors are pissed off and ready to kick ass, and I would not want to be a little cancer cell on these guys' shit list.. believe me.

"Jörg and his family (and us guys in the band) found this out only last week, after the operation. Naturally we are all going between a lot of emotions, sadness, worry, shock, confusion, even anger.

"As for STRATOVARIUS, as you perhaps know, there is a long tour coming up with HELLOWEEN, and with the surgery and therapy that will now follow there is no way Jörg can do the first part of the tour. For me personally, I at first felt quite hopeless about the tour, because I was so upset about all this news. But Jörg himself has been extremely clear that he does not want the band to cancel a single show because of this. In the end, this is what made at least me feel better about going back hitting the road next week.

"So, we have debated what to do for many days now. Jörg first suggested my brother Anders to do this November-December 2010 leg, but it turns out Anders will, unfortunately, be busy recording some record or other with that little indie cellar band of his called HAMMERFALL.

"After a lot of searching, we found a guy that both can do it and didn't have other commitments: Alex Landenburg [AT VANCE, ANNIHILATOR, MEKONG DELTA]. He plays well, Jörg says he is a great guy (very important!) and he even started learning the set already before we even had decided what to do, which to me shows a lot of dedication. You can Google Alex's name if you are curious.

"So it turns out that STRATOVARIUS will do the first leg of the HELLOWEEN '7 Sinners' tour, just as planned, only not with Jörg behind the kit, but with Jörg very much as a motivator to us being there. Not one single date will be cancelled or changed.

"Jörg wants to be back on the road with us again as soon as possible depending on the thearapy, but we are not making any promises; that one is up to powers even higher than Jörg Michael and his doctors.

"We will try to keep you somewhat updated.

"Anyway, the most important thing is that they think they got all the bad stuff out and that the end result is that we just fix that sentence I wrote above. We will then say: Jörg had cancer. But he beat it."

Sranje.

Edited by Talvi

E jbg-a... Sranje... KOntam da ce moci... Evo sta sam naso sad na brzaka na netu...

Na rak štitne žlezde utiče genetska predispozicija i ozračivanje tela. Najčešće se javlja (80%) kao uvećani čvor u štitnoj žlezdi. Obično dugo ne daje tegobe, a pacijenti se javljaju lekaru tek kada dobiju smetnje u gutanju i disanju.

Na Institutu za onkologiju i radiologiju Srbije godišnje se uradi oko 700 operacija raka štitne zlezde. Šanse za izlečenje tih pacijenata, smatraju strucnjaci, su velike. 

"Bolesti štitaste žlezde spadaju u red onih koje su zahvalne za lečenje, odnosno bolesti koje imaju odličnu prognozu, pod uslovom ako se adekvatno leče i ako se otkriju na vreme," rekao je doktor Momčilo Inić i naglasio da su "komplikacije kod neadekvatnog lecenja veoma ozbiljne i teške". 

Radikalno hirurško lečenje je neophodno ako se pojavi izraslina u vratu kod onih koji se ozrače. Osim hirurške terapije primenjuje se i terapija radioaktivnim jodom, a u svim slučajevima se daje hormon tiroksin.