Flotsam And Jetsam

Radnaskela

+1

Arizona thrashers FLOTSAM AND JETSAM have scheduled a one-off home state show on Saturday, June 19th at the Orpheum Theater (15 West Aspen Avenue) in Flagstaff. THE HUMAN CONDITION, DISMAY, SIGNAL 99, SHEEPHEADS and AKAIDEN are also on the bill. For ticket information visit this location.

Flotsam And Jetsam's new album, The Cold, is currently being mixed and mastered according to drummer Craig Nielsen who spoke with BraveWords.com recently.

About the direction of the album Nielsen says that "the writing for the record started 2007, which we started recording in 2008, or 2009. I mean, basically let’s just call it 2008-2009 ideas. You know, Mark (Simpson; guitar) had some time for this, and he spent some time writing, whereas Dreams Of Death was sort of rushed and we probably didn’t use the right producer for a metal record on that record. This is going to sound like a metal record. It has a lot of guitar edge and drums are, you know, faster, better, stronger. You know, Jason Ward could basically play bass over almost anything and it’ll have depth. So, you know, we’re very happy with the technical aspect of the song-writing. There’s far more faster, heavier songs on this one. A.K. (Knutson; vocals), he was changing the lyrics up until the minute when he was recording them. I think Dreams Of Death kind of went off in a few different directions. I think this is more cohesive and I won’t call it a concept record. There’s one thing to be said for spontaneity and that’s great to write a few inspired riffs, but to write a whole record and arrange it, you need some time. And Mark had the time and he’s developing more as a songwriter/arranger as time goes on, and he’s getting better at it, and he knows what to get out of the studio better and he knows how to, what, for tones and process, he’s more educated. So we’re way happier with this one than the last couple."

Nielsen says The Cold will be released this summer and will feature original guitarist Michael Gilbert who rejoined the band this past March. Some new song titles are: 'Black Cloud', 'Secret Life', 'Hypocrite', 'Falling Short', 'Take' and 'I'll Beat The Fuck Out Of You' (tentative title).

• 4 weeks later...

Veteran Arizona metallers FLOTSAM AND JETSAM will release their long-awaited new album, "The Cold", on September 14 via Driven Music Group, the label created by former KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch. According to guitarist Mark Simpson, the CD will feature "10 songs — ALL brutal, ALL killer, NO filler!!" Songtitles set to appear on the album include "Black Cloud", "Secret Life", "Hypocrite", "Falling Short" and "Take". The cover artwork, which can be viewed below, was once created by Travis Smith (OPETH, NEVERMORE), a collaboration that the band is "extremely excited about because of his amazing skill and vision," says Simpson. "The cover also feature the debut of an up-and-coming new talent."

flotsamnewcd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dobar album.

jednom sam preslushao, ali mi se svidja za sada. ima nekih delova koji smaraju, ali ima i onih koji jebu mamice. sve u svemu, za sada sasvim solidan album.

i da, boli me kurac je li thrash ili ne, vazno je da li je album dobar. kao kad ne bi slushao cynic jer ne sviraju vishe death metal.

Edited by SkullKrusheR

• 2 months later...

mnogo je smesno uporediti komentare na ovom forumu i na nekom prog/power forumu gde svi ljudi imaju po tri ipo/cetri banke, sto se tice nekih albuma. ovaj album je na tom forumu mnogim album godine i najbolji FJ od Drifta.

kapiram da ti ljudi vole svaku fazu benda, gde 90 posto ljudi ovde vole samo brze pure thrash momente.

meni je skroz dobar album, mada nisam najveci fan FJ,omiljeni mi je Cuatro, ima bas dobrih pesama ovde sto se tice ciste kompozicije, Better Off Dead, Stories of Heartache, a pre svega, pevanje mi je fenomenalno na albumu, bas onako emotivno a da nije pederski.